26" rim weimann & sun rims ryho lite ?o

999zip999

100 TW
I melted the non guled magnets on two edge (crap ) motors that are laced in first one weimann dm30 then laced (2) sun rims ryho lite both with spaim 14/13 spokes on both. The sun rim is build with brass washers. So what one is a better setup . The sun rim has all magnets out so ezer to move the magnets to. I'mm going to use JB weld hi temp 600%. Thanks.

Looking at my lace job and on the weimann. The first spoke crosses under and looking at the sunrim the first spoke crosses over ? Is there a right and wrong wayforspokes to rotate ?

A single cross lacing doesn’t have any specific... in/out, over/under, order. All of them can be good, according to rim/motor/bike combo.

Magnets have no reason to detach because of the rim or lacing pattern. The motor flange should be stiff enough for any lacing, and even for a direct mount rim. Your problem is from the manufacturer’s lack of quality control, or a consequence of overheating.

I think it was shitty gule. Oh and a little heat. I found jb weld 550 temp so that should not have a problem. I made a pie the inside of the hub and folded it twrice to make 4 quarters then with marker made squgily lines so not to mix up magnets. And light magnet is best to find poles just in case.

Justins website states elbow out for extra stability.

My Leafmotor/Leafbike motor was laced with elbow out then the crossover spoke was eblow in, I guess to have the spokes have room to cross over.

https://www.ebikes.ca/learn/wheel-build.html

Ok glued the magnets in the sun rim it has brass washers under the spoke heads with JB weld 550 temp. Quarter it out with 4 different color markers. And the last one fit (magnet). One magnet was broken and two I broke. Lucky I had extra magnets from first wheel. But not enough for two. I now have two stators one a light toast which is normal. The other looks new.

I'd use a Insulating Varnish, like the Sprayon brand called EL601.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=87013&p=1281470&hilit=el601#p1281470
by Doctorbass » Start quote - only use one brand as this is the most popular and professional product i have acces to. It is SPECIALY made for that purpose and is specialy formuled to wistand the worst environment. In Canada we develop and produce alot of motor and transformer in different brands and the Sprayon is the product the most availlable/popular. The actual version i use is the EL601. It is a epoxy based coating. End quote.

999zip999 said:
Ok glued the magnets in I have Rust-Oleum clear enamel. Can I use it for a coating on the magnets ?.

Okay put it on the truing stand and I only had a just a couple smokes even changing 1 stator to a different hub. It's working I'm riding it now I have a 72 volt battery and a 50 amp BT controller I think 3,800 watts is too much I think I need to run it at 2800 or maybe 3000 Watts at the most. Comments welcome I will do the hand test even though I have a cav3 and a temp wire I haven't hooked it up yet Bad Boy.

What reputable store would sell magnets for a motor?
- Who knows what the magnet strength is for the ebay/aliex/aliba stores, not worth the risk. Doing all that work of rewinding a smoked rotor, then gluing the magnets and not having the right strength on the magnets just purchased.

- Finding winding wire is easy.

- Then one would have to just figure out what wind they'd want for the motor.

- The steel or aluminum ring the magnets attach to wouldnt be affected, I wouldnt think.

- Then you'd need to think about what kind of gap between the magnets, if any.

The Sprayon Varnish is pretty cheap, $7usd seems about right.
https://www.grainger.com/product/SPRAYON-Red-Insulating-Varnish-1D276

I'd rewind my MXUS 3kw motor if the price on the magnets was right.

I have a smoked muxus v1 3,000 the stator turned color for some reason ? Maybe I can just paint it.h But have magnets and ring for muxus 3,000 v1 and a 9c . And looking for more edge magnets or a ring from a melted motor .
Good find on the varnish. I got the jb weld on sale 4.95usd have 2/3 left. I'm looking for a girlfriend maybe she could have work in a direct drive motor factory before. I can get the whole package. I can cook and clean. I know I shouldn't have thrown out those others melted stators

I wouldnt mind dropping some money on magnets, wire and glue to rewind the mxus 3kw. It was a great motor! A quick search: these are not the right size at all but its a good to get ahold of the price - https://www.apexmagnets.com/magnets/50mm-x-10-mm-x-5mm-block-neodymium-magnets and another https://www.apexmagnets.com/magnets/54mm-x-46mm-x-20mm-arc-magnets-neodymium-magnet

I now know why I keep a junk pile. The more I do the bigger it needs to be. I would love to rummage through Dogmans garage. He knows the secret of melting motors or lifeforphysicks. Stored energy.

Well it's no muxus 3,000 v3 as it got hot going up so hills. So I must hook up the 3,000 as I may
Melt tthis 1,500 edge if I not careful. It hard to go back to a smaller motor.

Back