MTB for EBIKE Conversion

Rsmk4turbo

1 mW
Hi guys ive currently got a Voodoo Bantu 27.5" which is a alloy frame, converted bike with a 2000watt 48v kit fitted, but unfortunately the wheel has started slipping out of the drop outs with torque arms fitted both sides.
Can anyone tell me if there is a steel framed mtb available in the UK which as the 27.5" wheels so i can fit this kit that have to, not a fan of the alloy frames with these kits.

I apologize that I can't help your search, but was curious if you were using regen braking. I use a 1500w direct drive motor (no regen yet) in an aluminum frame with one torque arm, and it hasn't affected the dropouts a bit. I do think it's lame that most torque arms still allow some slight rotation before they make contact. I like the idea of clamping torque arms, that don't allow any motion at all:

file.php

Rsmk4turbo said:
Hi guys ive currently got a Voodoo Bantu 27.5" which is a alloy frame, converted bike with a 2000watt 48v kit fitted, but unfortunately the wheel has started slipping out of the drop outs with torque arms fitted both sides.

Can you describe your washer/spacer/torque arm/lug nut sequence on each side, starting from the axle shoulder outward?

Rsmk4turbo said:
the wheel has started slipping out of the drop outs with torque arms fitted both sides.

Can you post a picture of the installation?

Horizontal/forwards torque arms with vertical axle slot is perfect geometry to lever the axle out of the drop-outs. It's possible that's what's happening here.

Back