type 2 connector for an ebike??

I just wondered if it was possible to make a type 2 connector plug for a e bike with some sort of amp reducer to limit the
charge to 5 amps

You want to charge at cars stations?
Yes it can be done, but not as simple as you think. You will need a power supply that is running from the cars charging stations, with a voltage and Amp output that suits your battery.

Do tell me more. I’ve seen type 2 plugs with a 13 amp uk socket. Although wonder if there be more to this than that what appears simplistic?

If someone could crack this open be just awesome.

Bg-electric-cycle said:
Do tell me more. I’ve seen type 2 plugs with a 13 amp uk socket. Although wonder if there be more to this than that what appears simplistic?

That's all you need, along with your regular battery charger.

danielrlee said:
Bg-electric-cycle said:

I noted that most of the ready made cables have an extra wire of low ampere capacity. What does this do? Really as easy just wire into one phase of the plug and neutral and connect to 13 amp socket?

Bg-electric-cycle said:
danielrlee said:
Bg-electric-cycle said:

I noted that most of the ready made cables have an extra wire of low ampere capacity. What does this do? Really as easy just wire into one phase of the plug and neutral and connect to 13 amp socket?
There's usually two thin gauge wires in a type 2 supply. See the following link for more info:

http://evbitz.uk/EPC_Wir_Diags_%26_Description.html

I did eventual purchase a Type 2 to Schuko. When does arrive shall post.

I’ve also found that are many EV charge stations and that are free. :D

The type 2 plug to schuko socket arrived. I opened the plug to find a diode and some resistors.

I mated the plug to a charge station and the socket locked the plug and was no charge given. Plug remained mated until power was disconnected.

87492AD5-0521-464B-A99E-A703AD47B1C0.jpg

Inside a type 2 without switch.

Doesn't your type 2 to mains adapter have a manual release switch? I can't say I've ever seen one without one.

Can you post a link to the adapter you purchased?

Firstly I should add I discovered the charger a 1800w cc cv booster -48v 20amp power supply- had a loose connection on the output and result were intermittent charge or no charge.

Now added a chassis mount Neutrik Powercon plug prevent cable movement.

Manual release switch? Key switch. No, the wires on pp & cp are without any switch. This does explain reason the lock engaged and couldn’t be released until power was disconnected from the charge station socket.

I now know this type 2 plug does require a switch fitted.

Bought during discount Friday Nov, was almost same if had bought the plug, socket and cable, plus the electronics inside the plug. Intend to swap out the cable way too heavy and unnecessary with a 16 amp socket attached.

Look what I found on AliExpress
http://s.aliexpress.com/iamYzY3a

danielrlee said:
Doesn't your type 2 to mains adapter have a manual release switch? I can't say I've ever seen one without one.

Can you post a link to the adapter you purchased?

Any chance you could list the resistor values? I'm pretty sure that the PP pin is a 680 ohm, but what about the CP pin?
You also mentioned a diode, where is that connected in the circuit?

Also did you ever figure out how to add a switch to the plug? I'm not sure if it's as simple as opening the CP pin completely.

Thanks!

Using EV Chargers
by methods

You can read his Thread, I have an EV at home and a type two. the box supplies AC power. The car has the charger, the wire back to the Box just signals that the charger is done. Best to read thru Methods thread. I could put a plug in on my trike but would need to carry my charger also.

Back