Could I get an opinion on this freewheel issue?

ebike11

1 MW
Hi guys
I had my motor up and running after mounting it to the Enduro frame. Space allows to pretty much use bmx single freewheel. The best one that i get my hands on was the shimano one. However as u can see in the pics its much wider than the chinese one that I got from aliexpress. Id prefer the shimano coz its a lot quieter but the outer edge of the freewheel goes out past the lips of the axle and when the extra section of the freewheel is tight against the frame it makes a lot of noise and its grindy. I tried putting a spacer between the shimano freewheel and the inside of the swingarm but no help. I then thought to find M16 spacers/washer to put against the axle lips to make it come out past the freewheel but all of the M16 i see have too large diameter and wont find inside the freewheels space.
I can use the chinese freewheel just fine but was wondering what solutions others had. I cant find too many narrow freewheels except those 3 or 4 dollar ones online. Id like to have a nice quality and quiet freewheel.
Thanks!

Making a spacer for the axle shoulder is easy. If this simple task is too much for you, maybe you deserve to ride the cheap Chinese freewheel. :roll:

MadRhino said:
Making a spacer for the axle shoulder is easy. If this simple task is too much for you, maybe you deserve to ride the cheap Chinese freewheel. :roll:

The thing is I live a city apartment and resources are scarce here. I have no garage only basic hand tools. If I had access to a bench grinder i could grind down the spacers/washers smaller. M16 washers have a fairly large diameter

Look for 16mm or 5/8 inch "narrow rim washers" or "machine bushings".

Nope. You need big 10 mm washers (The axle flat is 10mm) to shape an axle shoulder spacer. Then you file them 10mm holes each side to 16mm to match the axle. There is no need for any fancy tools and workplace, just a chainsaw file or any other round/half-round file smaller than 10mm.

Back