Assistance with Rear Hub Motor, Speed Control and Battery Selection for a High Speed World Record Attempt Ebike

Guys,

My company are looking into building a one-off version of our folding electric bike in order to set a top speed world record, verified by the Guinness Book of World Records.

Our bike is compact and has 16" Diameter wheels.......this therefore does sound madness I realise.

I am as the companies Technical manager going to modify and strengthen the frame to accommodate the required rear wheel hub motor. I can go to a maximum of a 20" rear wheel although would love to stick to a 16" rear wheel :)

As this is going to be a high speed run only, battery duration is not important.

Is 120KPH possible? and what wil I need hardware wise?

All and any help gratefully received guys.

Cheers

Andy

Andy@MiRider said:
My company are looking into building a one-off version of our folding electric bike in order to set a top speed world record, verified by the Guinness Book of World Records.

Is 120KPH possible? and what wil I need hardware wise?

The Guinness record for an ebike is 165mph, so you need to more than double your velocity target. What frame geometry are you planning on to remain stable at those speeds?

Hi, we want to set a speed record for a FOLDING Electric bike....at present there is no world record for this particular category Our company manufacture a folding bike with a magnesium die cast frame which i intend to use as part of the build. I will replace the rear suspension arms with a steel unit, manufactured to fit the motor that is to be used.

Thanks, Andy

Hi Andy,

Easily achievable you just need lots of volts - 120V a apt96600 controller and QS hub motor

I have searched the Guinness Book of World Records just now and there is no record with them for the worlds fastest electric bike.... :bigthumb:

A QS205 with a fast winding
https://www.qsmotor.com/product/bicycle-motor/

Hi again Andy. How long is the wheelbase of the frame in question? I'm willing to bet you'll have to double it to make the bike stable at those sort of speeds.

Is there a reason to limit the choices to e-bike motors?
I am thinking motorcycle hub, I dont know what size rim would be similar to 16" bike. Maybe 13-14"?
Something like this 8kw: http://www.cnqsmotor.com/en/article_read/Quanshun%20Motor%2013inch%201500W%20-%2010000W%2012000W%20peak%2020kw%20273%20Electric%20Scooter%20Brushless%20Hub%20Motor/617.html

Jonno said:
Hi Andy,

Easily achievable you just need lots of volts - 120V a apt96600 controller and QS hub motor

There should be a 1000A version available too, look at lars B:s post.
High voltage, high amps, big hub and small folding bike.
I don't think I would dare to ride it :lol:

Where is that clip of lifeforfysics deathbike flipping over when you need it :mrgreen:

Andy@MiRider said:
Hi, we want to set a speed record for a FOLDING Electric bike....at present there is no world record for this particular category

if there's no record, then you can set a record with your stock bicycle, unless there's some special rule against it. That would be better advertising for your company's bike.

Back