Ebike question...

bike4life

10 W
IMG_4209.jpgOk, so I ordered a volimart 1500w hub motor, and coupled it with a 48v x 20ah lithium battery. Controller is 48v.

The current top speed is 33ish M.P.H.
How do i get it to go 40? Shouldn't it already be doing 40. I weigh 130, and its possible the brakes are messed up and the wheel bearings off, as it is a junky bike that i crashed once a while ago. Also, the battery, i accidently touched the wires like a few times and it sparked, would that damage it. Plus it also fell off the bike once and landed on the grass at like 15mph..... Still works though....

Right now, it loooks like i am getting closer to 70watts-hour per mile at 30ish mph. Is this normal?

Is it possible to run 96v through these hub motors... I have a 48v, and if i bought another one that would yeild 96. I know 72v is better, but then i would have to buy 2, 36v packs, which would cost more.....

And what speeds would that get me at 72v, or 96v? I also was thinking of adding transformer oil into the hub to cool it down? Thoughts about this idea..... I emailed a transformer company and they said they would be fine shipping me a 1 liter sample...

Thanks

Heya, i have found that every volt you have equals 1km/h or so its really close.
i have the same motor but i am running a 72v 1500watt scooter controller, my max recorded speed was 111km/h
more amps will just get you there faster, just make sure your controller can handle it.
80$ will get you a decent scooter controller.
transformer oil in the hub Good idea, but you shouldn't need cooling unless your pushing 3000watts.

bike4life said:
how do you get 111km/h ?????
My top speed is 53km/h on flat ground.
What battery do you run, 72v 20a??
thanks

Depending on the aerodynamics, I'm guessing between 11 and 12 HP should do it, so maybe 8000-9000 watts.

Back