A2B triangle battery box

Audisport09

100 W
Hello guys, I was wondering what would be the best/easiest method to create a battery box for metro like picture. I don't want wood. I was thinking ABS plastic, I hear that it is easily foldable? a2b-octave-electric-bike-review-1-1200x600-c-default.jpg

Yes, easily moldable.
Build a mold, get the plastique and a heat gun.

Personally, I would buy a few rolls of duct tape, black for class but I wouldnt be ashamed of silver duct tape and 1/4" or 1/8" mdf, metal zip ties for anti-theft. Capeesh done.

Sounds good Audisport09!
Tough & non-conductive.
I take it you have since given up on the option of refitting batts to the front fame tube - and don't mind losing the 'step-thru' format?

Possibly too large for a home 3D-printing setup, but might be worth talking to an automotive plastic welder (fender repairs etc) if nec. too?

Look 4ward to seeing your results anyhow.

;)

Thanks guys, I will give it a try its fairly cheap. If I fail, I'll go to the pros. I've been watching too many battery fires videos. I've chickened out lol. I want something removable for charging and kickable in the event of a fire.

Audisport09 said:
I want something removable for charging and kickable in the event of a fire.

:)

OK! ~ So a small red notice attached:
"In case of Fire - please kick the shit out of this box until it completely parts company with the bike and/or is extinguished!"

;)

Lol, yeah I failed with triangle box. Went with a cheap alternative for the time being. Used an old heli suitcase strapped down with a ratchet belt. Funtional and easy to remove, but not pretty. I plan to do it right once the world is back to normal.

Attachments

• A2B bike.jpg
    A2B bike.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 424
Audisport09 said:
Lol, yeah I failed with triangle box. Went with a cheap alternative for the time being. Used an old heli suitcase strapped down with a ratchet belt. Funtional and easy to remove, but not pretty. I plan to do it right once the world is back to normal.

I dig your style, and the black on black combo really works, tons of class :thumb:

Why, thank you!

This bike is really no longer an A2B. It’s got a bigger motor, controller and total of 2.5kWh lipos. Too much for my uses but gives the bike better stability and balance at higher speed. But I’ve only done one range test pedaling at around 18mph managed about 60 miles. Could have probably gone quite a bit more a reckon

Audisport09 said:

Very nice look, love the tyres! Could you let us know model and size? Regards

latex said:
Audisport09 said:

Very nice look, love the tyres! Could you let us know model and size? Regards

Thank you. I used Michelin pilot street 80/90-16

Back