European regulations e-bikes COC Certificate of Conformity

FredYellow

1 mW
In EU there are two e-bike classifications:
Pedelec: 250W 25kmh max
Speed Pedelec: 4000W 45kmh max

To have a a speed Pedelec (SP) road legal you need to get insurance and a numberplate. In order to get this you need to adhere to some technical regulations which are easily added to any bike:
Mirror
Horn
Reflectors
Pedal assist only up to 45kmh
Brake cutoff

However the bike needs a Certificate of Conformity (COC) from the factory to prove to the insurer that this bike does infact meet these criteria.

I've been searching but I cannot find a straight answer, which seems strange because I think everyone in EU is affected by this...

My question is why can I not find info if this COC is provided with off the shelf bikes like the Frey AM1000?

I'd love to build my own bike, but getting it road legal would be impossible. Avoiding suspicion by not riding like an idiot on the road (only like an idiot offroad!) Is something I wouldn't mind. However if I ever get in an accident on the road with another person involved, I could be frocked for life.

I don't know, myself, but there have been discussions of the COC before. If it is helpful, these are all the posts referencing one:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=coc&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
though I don't know if any of them have the info you are after.

I had already read most of those topics, no answer.

Are there just no manufacturers outside EU providing COC with their e-bikes?

Back