Can Sabvoton 72200 be unlocked?

synics

100 W
Anyone using a Sabvoton (72200) and experiencing difficulties with the blue tooth MQCON app not allowing you to save changes in values? Mine specifically will not allow me to change the flux weakening, among other things. It's stuck on 50 amps max (tells me I can up it to 80amps), and if I change it, hit ok, then save (in any order and multiple times) it defaults back to 50amps after a few seconds. I have tried both the Android and Apple app, and even tried the PC program but that wouldn't connect to the controller. And yes I did unplug the screen connector first. At this point I'm assuming this controller is locked. I cannot adjust the current numbers either. I have talked to many people who have upped their FW to 150 amps and higher with this controller and the lower model 72150, and I'm seriously frustrated that I can't do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PS - using the QS273 3.5T motor with a 49AH Panasonic battery that has a 150amp max bms. Trying to get more speed out of this thing, maxing out at 50mph.

No, it can't be unlocked. Those damn things are locked for good.

I was having this issue but with a 72150.

Using the MQCON unlock program on my pc & having my 72v battery connected, I got the amp values to save by clicking the toggle switch ( I think the switch is on the FUNCTION tab ) to enable, then clicking OK after entering each of my amp values.

Then at the end, on the debug tab / parameter store, I click on the red OK box.

Then I plugged the two plugs back together (the ones you disconnect to use the bluetooth app) & also plug in the display screen & once again, click the red OK box found on the debug tab.

After moving the toggle switch to 'enable' I can now change & save my amp values via the app on my phone. I could not do this before going through the above steps. It would always revert back to original settings of 150, now I'm running 200.

You can get the MQCON program from here....

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1-5fph-dcFoTE09kwI8wKYbXgV-61VyvB?usp=sharing

Massive thank you to josephm15234 for that.

Hope this helps, it worked for me.

I have 72200 and hit 70mph under 5 sec. Pm me your settings on mqcon app. Do you have the new version with variable regen w/o second throttle?

I actually ordered another 72200 from alibaba that was supposed to be unlocked, and it turns out that that stupid thing is locked as well and I can't change the field weakening past 50 amps. This new one is about an inch and a half longer than the old one too.

synics said:
yeah I've already tried that software, it doesn't work on mine.

I couldn't get it to work on mine either, it would always revert back to previous settings.

Then I did what I said above & bingo, it saved by following that exact procedure.

I think it's something to do with the order of doing things so the sabvoton actually saves whilst its still connected to a battery & powered on before disconnecting or unplugging anything. It has to be told to switch off after you save, or it will never save.

I've read something similar on here that explains it better but I can't find it.

tblakeng said:
I have 72200 and hit 70mph under 5 sec. Pm me your settings on mqcon app. Do you have the new version with variable regen w/o second throttle?

My speedo tops out at 29mph with the back wheel off the floor & I increased the DC current, boost current & rated phase current from 150a to 200a

How do I get a faster top end?

29mph, that sounds like a major problem, ha ha. What is your battery and controller setup look like?

These are my settings at the moment....

0cnzWHH.jpg

eEPtJq0.jpg

dVRl1jU.jpg

ZNQZ7pO.jpg

c69GfPY.jpg

kjIRkZN.jpg

8M8Eqsk.jpg

BQhxT2d.jpg

xGc5TG1.jpg

Your settings are all fine so it must be your battery then what is your battery specs and do you have a low limiting BMS?

It's a 72v 30ah battery with 150a BMS, peak 300a discharge, 150a constant.

I noticed a voltage drop at WOT when I had it set to 200a, just trying to push it a little too much I reckon, so I dropped it back to 175a. I may go back down to 150a if I see anymore voltage drops like I did at 200a.

I did choose a 5T motor as I prefer more torque for off road applications, but even so I expected around 35-40mph flat out on the road.

is this a 273 or 205 motor? My 273 hits 45 mph as per gps on a road straight away. https://youtu.be/LJEx6iZzZX0

Sorry, forgot to mention, mines a 205.

No way! I stumbled upon your YouTube yesterday! The video where your talking about the wider rear tyre on an 18" rim & the toquier motor that turned out to be not as torquey 😄

it wasn't that it ended up not being as torquey, but it was the WRONG MOTOR. They sent me the same one I already had. haha.

Your current reduce setting is set to reduce current after bike is at 80v. That's like 80% juice left and your bike tells itself to reduce power because battery is low. Private message me if you want some real help with controller and settings

Anything can be hacked, its a matter of how much time and money are you willing to spend in doing so.
Might be wise to buy a controller that you know is unlocked and can change whatever settings you want to in the future.
I've always shied away from anything programmable, when I see Canbus it makes me flinch.

OcTag3n said:
I was having this issue but with a 72150.

Using the MQCON unlock program on my pc & having my 72v battery connected, I got the amp values to save by clicking the toggle switch ( I think the switch is on the FUNCTION tab ) to enable, then clicking OK after entering each of my amp values.

Then at the end, on the debug tab / parameter store, I click on the red OK box.

Then I plugged the two plugs back together (the ones you disconnect to use the bluetooth app) & also plug in the display screen & once again, click the red OK box found on the debug tab.

After moving the toggle switch to 'enable' I can now change & save my amp values via the app on my phone. I could not do this before going through the above steps. It would always revert back to original settings of 150, now I'm running 200.

You can get the MQCON program from here....

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1-5fph-dcFoTE09kwI8wKYbXgV-61VyvB?usp=sharing

Massive thank you to josephm15234 for that.

Hope this helps, it worked for me.

Hi
What makes the program in the link unlockable? It looks the same as the mqcon program thats on other threads

It probably is the same.

I'm not sure about other versions but on this one there is a toggle switch on the function tab that enables / disables the ability to edit certain things.

However it doesn't seem to work for everyone.

Although it did allow me to change the amps, it didn't unlock the flux weakening for me.

There is a new version of the app. Two of them going around but one is new and will save settings and also work with the 0-5v potentiometer for ebrake on the new controller setup only through usb and the new app that looks like the old, bluetooth and the old identical computer app will not save and refresh settings.

I found this out after frying 4 display and contacting mqcon to tell me I needed the new updated display and app because the old did not work with new settings.

New app can be downloaded directly from qs

A massive thank you to tblakeng

You have helped me out immensely.

My bike now hits an unloaded top speed of 40mph :bigthumb:

tblakeng said:
There is a new version of the app. Two of them going around but one is new and will save settings and also work with the 0-5v potentiometer for ebrake on the new controller setup only through usb and the new app that looks like the old, bluetooth and the old identical computer app will not save and refresh settings.

I found this out after frying 4 display and contacting mqcon to tell me I needed the new updated display and app because the old did not work with new settings.

New app can be downloaded directly from qs

A new app? you talking about a bluetooth app or the actual computer program you have to use via USB cable? I have a hard time believing this as I've tried so many programs have nothing has worked for either one of my sabvoton 72200s, even on the second one which was guaranteed sold as an unlocked controller but it wasn't, its still locked. Do you have a link to that download site?

New computer so on the new sabvoton 72200. Looks identical. From qs motor site is the new one. Are you selecting the correct driver for your computer to read your bike in the program? You could be outputting to wrong drive....it took me awhile to get it.

Information 3 wire plug also must be disconnected for info to send through. Good luck on your adventures.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201226-184534.png
    Screenshot_20201226-184534.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,551
  • Screenshot_20201226-185254.png
    Screenshot_20201226-185254.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 1,550
  • Screenshot_20201226-185546.png
    Screenshot_20201226-185546.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,550
  • Screenshot_20201226-190052.png
    Screenshot_20201226-190052.png