Motor cover split around freewheel while pedaling.

General Discussion about electric bicycles.
markz   100 GW

100 GW

Re: Motor cover split around freewheel while pedaling.

Post by markz » Jul 04 2020 1:15am

That can be your no pedal motor to use on a bike.
:wink:

999zip999   100 GW

100 GW

Post by 999zip999 » Jul 04 2020 4:12pm

Ok in time if I rummage through my garage and find a cover I can send it to you of course you have to pay the postage. I have other projects right now and you're my priority sorry but I'll get to it because I have to clean my garage 8 bikes instead o my one car garage. Plastic kill my vacuum gaster a jewelry bench welder I have no rim you want to come pick one up come pick one up. That means you have to help clean the garage get to the part.

05silgto   10 mW

10 mW

Post by 05silgto » Jul 04 2020 6:04pm

999zip999 wrote:
Jul 04 2020 4:12pm
Ok in time if I rummage through my garage and find a cover I can send it to you of course you have to pay the postage. I have other projects right now and you're my priority sorry but I'll get to it because I have to clean my garage 8 bikes instead o my one car garage. Plastic kill my vacuum gaster a jewelry bench welder I have no rim you want to come pick one up come pick one up. That means you have to help clean the garage get to the part.
Lol, I would appreciate a cover very much if you do come by one. Even if this one fits I feel like its good insurance in case I need another one down the road. I wouldn't mind helping tidying up your garage a little if you were closer.

05silgto   10 mW

10 mW

Post by 05silgto » Jul 04 2020 6:12pm

markz wrote:
Jul 04 2020 1:15am
That can be your no pedal motor to use on a bike.
:wink:
lol, right! I'm in such a low gear there's really no point in pedaling. I hate going 3mph. I just pedal real slow so the pas kicks in and so people think I'm uber fit. Love seeing their shocked faces, until they see the giant hub motor, if they do. Only problem is I have no real range with the lead acid batteries I'm stuck with until my lithium batteries get here from China. Been waiting for a month, hopefully not too much longer.

05silgto   10 mW

10 mW

Post by 05silgto » Jul 16 2020 3:09am

I told the seller to send me a motor cover for free or I would force a return, told him I would update the feedback and cancel the return after receiving the cover. He agreed, so we will see what happens.
The mxus cover I ordered didn't fit. Btw, totally unrelated but if anyone needs an mxus motor cover, I can sell you one for cheap.
Figured I would rather have it now than wait 1-2 months for a similar kit to arrive from China.

Now I'm afraid of breaking another cover in the future. I did this with a 7 gear freewheel and I have a 10 speed about to arrive soon. I heard of someone putting a bearing somewhere to prevent this from happening put I cannot find any threads mentioning it. I assume they put a bearing in the freewheel around the axle.
Either I can try this for insurance, or put a single 12 tooth gear back there and use the motor to start.
Has anyone heard of this bearing fix?

Sunder   100 MW

100 MW

Post by Sunder » Jul 16 2020 7:05am

Have you thought of shot peening your new cover when it comes?

Sometimes metal when manufactured does have cracks and inherent stress lines invisible to the naked eye, and cause this kind if failure. Shot peening can fix those.

Cryo treatment is also another way to relieve hidden metal stress.

It's been nearly 20 years since I have done them, but from memory, they were both expensive for the first piece, but virtually free after the first. After all, for cryo treatment, all they do is dunk it in liquid nitrogen for 6 hours, then slowly raise the temp. One piece or a dozen, it's all the same effort as long as it fits in the one tank.
eBike: Q100H on 16S with Phaserunner FOC Controller
eMotorscooter: Vectrix VX-1 Died... Electrified Ninja in Progress!
eCar: Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV... Warramty expired. Still not game!
eHouse: 6.2kw On-grid solar with battery backup coming soon!

After 5 builds, the best advice I can give, is start with high quality products. I prefer http://www.ebikes.ca

miro13car   1 MW

1 MW

Post by miro13car » Jul 28 2020 10:48am

broken off part of DD ebike motor?
you should see "production facility" in China manufacturing such casts from recycles pot aluminium.
all this to save, save, save.
Eplus, Bionx