Smarter Way To Be Seen - safety for electric portable vehicles

Guys, I came across this light and I think it is awesome!!! If you ride you definitely need something like this in order to avoid any accidents while riding.

Check it out here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkIpf92g8J0
SMART.jpg

Best rear light is the largest one. Led tech has led to a lot of very tiny, but very bright, ultra lightweight flashers for road bikes. I see the flashing of course, but its still so small you have a very hard time judging where it is. Is it 50 feet away? Is it 50 yards away? It can be hard to say really.

You want them to see you, and be able to judge exactly where you are, about two square feet of reflector tape on your back will do the trick better. Makes you look large, something to not hit. Shows where your shoulders actually are if your arms are reflecting.

This helmet light looks good, simply because its not a tiny pinpoint. That it lights when you brake is good too, for riding in a place as crowded as he rides.

dogman dan said:
Best rear light is the largest one. Led tech has led to a lot of very tiny, but very bright, ultra lightweight flashers for road bikes. I see the flashing of course, but its still so small you have a very hard time judging where it is. Is it 50 feet away? Is it 50 yards away? It can be hard to say really.

You want them to see you, and be able to judge exactly where you are, about two square feet of reflector tape on your back will do the trick better. Makes you look large, something to not hit. Shows where your shoulders actually are if your arms are reflecting.

This helmet light looks good, simply because its not a tiny pinpoint. That it lights when you brake is good too, for riding in a place as crowded as he rides.

I never thought of it this way. Good insight. I guess lightning up the rear facing tubes of the bike is also a route.

Smarter would be not to ride at night, since it more than doubles the risk of fatality and that's just comparing night to day totals without factoring in how many fewer are on the road at night, so it's many times double the risk.

John in CR said:
Smarter would be not to ride at night, since it more than doubles the risk of fatality and that's just comparing night to day totals without factoring in how many fewer are on the road at night, so it's many times double the risk.

Except that most of the slackjawed yokels in their deathtraps are roaming the street by day. After midnight, you can see and hear them coming a long way off.

Of course at night, both yokel and cyclist are much more likely to be intoxicated.

Back