How to identify motor and year of Stealth B52

Odogster

10 W
Hello,
I was hoping a veteran Stealth bike rider could help me out here. I recently purchased a Stealth B52 and am unsure of what year it is, and more important I dont know what model motor it has. It is bike #833 and the motor brand is Crysalyte it says it on the side. Does anyone know how I can get this information please? Im looking to upgrade but need to know which motor it is for controller selection.
thanks

All Crystalyte motors:
http://www.crystalyte.com/

Since you can’t be sure that a used bike still has its original motor, best is to ckeck and compare.
If it is not obvious to you, posting a pic with dimensions would make it easy for us to identify the model. To know the winding though, you will have to test its Kv, or open it.

MadRhino said:
All Crystalyte motors:
http://www.crystalyte.com/

Since you can’t be sure that a used bike still has its original motor, best is to ckeck and compare.
If it is not obvious to you, posting a pic with dimensions would make it easy for us to identify the model. To know the winding though, you will have to test its Kv, or open it.

Thanks MadRhino, I went to that site and i think its the 5403 as the dimensions match up. Any idea, just for my own curiosity what year #833 b52 was built? Im not sure how to test kv but im gonna research it as it seems easier than opening it :) Do you know anyone who has hooked a sabvoton to one?

It is a powerful and reliable motor. It could be the 5403 or 5404, since they are exactly alike. The motor kv (rotation per volt) will tell. It does weight 33 lbs, it it can help. The motor had been introduced some 8 years ago, and many of us had built with it then. I still have one. Any 3 phase bldc controller can be used to power it, but it is a hungry motor that is better served by big controllers and high c-rate batteries. Mine is the 5404 and does 50 mph fed with 24s RC lipo. The 5403 is faster.

I was gonna put a sab 72150 on it, some guy here posted one but hasnt answered any inquiries so i may just go to aliexpress. I have a new battery arriving tomorrow, its a 72 Volt 28 ah using 21700.

Back