Sabvoton Curiousity

Heyo! I've been googling for a decent controller for some 80-100A battery amps (5,750A peak or so) bike project, and I've been between Kelly controllers and Sabvoton for quite a while. I've been doing my fair share of Googling, but a lot of the endless-sphere discussion seems to be by this gentleman named Electric God who has panned the controllers. This has made me nervous about purchasing a 72150, which I was preparing to buy after seeing a really nice review comparison between it and a Kelly controller. I was wondering if anyone with experience with these controllers could vouch for or against them, or maybe put forth something that I just have no idea exists in that sort of power curve! I'm interested in the 72150 because it seems to present a good value at around $200 per controller, versus some more boutique solutions which appear to cost $500+. I appreciate everyone's input, and am excited to join the high-power eBike community!

Many are using this controller. Occasionally some are posting problems with bluetooth connectivity or error codes, but most are solved and soon ride.
Kelly’s are very reliable, many need a CANBUS interface to program, more expansive of course but still reasonable.

My policy is to buy them cheap controllers, upgrade to max power, and have spares on the shelves.

Certainly good to have spares, and I wouldn't expect them to be *complete* junk that would break at a moment's notice, but always best to keep up with the latest news. :) Thanks for the reply.

i have had the Sabvaton 72150 for 3 years. Works great. I started with a kelly and i had a lot of trouble getting it synced with the motor and I sent back and got the Sabvaton and been VERY happy with that decision. Hope that helps.

Back