Sabvoton 72v running on 12s

Audisport09

100 W
Hello, I have a quick question. I have (QS205) (20inch) (3t) + Sabvoton 150 (200 unlocked). For the last two weeks I have been running it on 12s lipo and it pants. Feels like 250w bike. The acceleration is non existent, it can't climb at speed, massively slows down. Top speed is a mere 25mph. I feel like the controller is current limiting due to the lower voltage? Does this sound right? I have a cheap power meter that's only reading like 45a max current. No sure how accurate it is.

My main battery is a 18s lipo purely out of charging convenience. Bike is very quick at this voltage. But... now I'm thinking it might be a lot faster at 20s? Has anyone made the jump. Could the sabvoton also be current limiting at this lower voltage of 18s as well? As it's optimal voltage appears to be 72v (20s)?

It's near enough maxed out, 200A battery current, 450A phase current, 80A field weakening, 35~70C Lipo with no BMS = Pants. It must be going into some kind of limp mode. What is the most accurate/cheapest way to test current?

Ive run 20, 21 and 22s through the 72150 and the mid range torque is pretty incredible. assuming your running 2x6s packs in series? Why not add another 6s series group for 18s? I bet on full charge 75V it'll rip.

Hello yes I do have another 18s packs and it runs very well on that. My question was since the controller is rated for 72v (20s) does it start current limiting anything below that. I'm thinking maybe with my 18s pack, I'm not getting the most of out of the controller. Trying to decide whether adding another 2s would be worth it. Did you notice a major increase in speed/acceleration between the 20, 21 and 22? I read that you lose regain braking after 85v? (21s) The 12s pack enable quick stealth charging on the go with a HLG-600H. Which is why I wanted to run it for longer distance. I don't care too much about the top speed. But the acceleration suffers greatly.

Yes every bump in batt voltage equals more top speed. Ive never been in "limp mode" but the 72150 does limit cold throttle application for the first minute or so of riding as well as the initial throttle application ramp to limit front wheel lift. I run 80-100 battery and 300 phase amps set in thee MQCON app.

Im actually surprised it runs at all on 12s. Sounds like you are starving the controller.

Hello, just a heads up so that I don't put anyone of 12s battery. I solved this problem, bike is now fast. It was a software/user issue. There seems to be diffrent versions of the programming software.

The software I was using had limited programming options.
IMG_2795-2.jpg

The new software: Where it says ''Limit dc current'' It was preset to 50a. Changed it and bob's your uncle

2.jpg

Back