Has anyone adding a Bafang mid drive kit, BBHSD or BBS02, to a late 1990's GT LTS bicycle

sladd

1 mW
Has anyone adding a Bafang mid drive kit, BBHSD or BBS02, to a late 1990's GT LTS bicycle? I'm making an ebike from a 1998 GT LTS 1000 DS and want to know which motor they used, particularly was is a 73mm or 100mm....which one cleared the rear suspension fork best. Thanks in advance.

pictures help as most to lazy to google

edit:
Interestingly designed bicycle. A problem is the triangle doesnt have a ton of room for battery. You'd have more of a problem with newer bikes and mid drive motor mounting with the newer frames fancier designs then you would 1990's bicycle.

11111.jpg

Whether the 68/73mm model fits or not, using a 100mm version would be a mistake. The chain would only line up decently in the outermost gears.

I don't see anything about that frame which would keep a 68/73mm Bafang mid drive from fitting up.

Also note that until like 99 or 2000, I believe they all had a straight seat tube. Pretty standard set up, I can't think of a reason that a normal BBS wouldnt work either. I used to have a really nice team LTS that was stolen in a move

Back