Sur Ron and Larger Riders

NBD925

1 µW
Hello, I am looking at purchasing a Sur Ron X Black Edition.

My stats:
6’4”
Riding single track in Montana Lots of Mountains and trails.

There is not allot of information on larger heavier riders and the Sur Ron. What can I expect? I know the bike itself is smaller in stature and would be making some mods to fit my larger body size: see slit below:

21 inch front tire
Seat extension
1.5 inch taller rear link
Dropped foot pegs
Handle bar 5 inch rise
Lower gearing

Possible BAC8000 with mod to stock 60v Battery to make up for lost horse power.

What can I expect for range with my body size and weight on a stock Sur Ron or the modified version.

What are some other larger rider experiences on this bike?

My stats:
6’4”

There is not allot of information on larger heavier riders and the Sur Ron. What can I expect? I know the bike itself is smaller in stature and would be making some mods to fit my larger body size: see slit below:

21 inch front tire
Seat extension
Dropped foot pegs
Handle bar 5 inch rise
Lower gearing

What can I expect for range with my body size and weight on a stock Sur Ron or the modified version.

This is my third attempt at getting my question out there. I posted in the wrong forum the first time and the second time I’m not sure what happened. My post disappeared.

Can anyone help me get some questions answered on this Sur Ron.

My stats:
6’4”

21 inch front tire
Seat extension
Dropped foot pegs
Handle bar 5 inch rise
Lower gearing

You will not find much feedback from tall riders about the Surron, simply because it is a small bike that tall riders usually avoid. The frame should have been made in 3 sizes, maybe they will in the future, but for now they are offering it small only. I am average size and even though I like the bike, I am not going to buy one until they make it larger.

NBD925 said:
21 inch front tire

If the Sur Ron came with 70/100-19 (~24.5") tires and if you can fit a 80/100-21 (27.3"), you'll pick up ~2.75" diameter, or ~1.4" actual height.

Will a taller wheel&tire not fit the rear?

I expect Sur-Rons to hold their value for the near future, due to a lack of comparable competition.

Athough the market for them is small, the fan base is enthusisatic. They are currently in demand and are being sold as soon as available.

If you can get one, this is when you could resell it and come close to breaking even, if you decide it doesn't work for you.

That being said, 6-4 is unlikely to be a good match.

Yep. It is fundamentally a junior bike. Those who are riding them around here are teenagers. I am 5 ft 10 and when I stood by one, I was not even tempted to try it. Most of all it is very slow, by my standards at least. Still, I like the frame and would probably be tempted to buy one to upgrade if it was made available in proper size.

I am tempted to buy one locally that will be coming up for sale, but visually it is tiny, I would look like a gorilla on a trike.

Having said that, there are guys of 6'3" on the luna forum who ride them with mods, and even a 6'10" guy who speaks highly of the bike.
https://electricbike-blog.com/2018/12/05/my-dirt-cheap-utv-one-year-on-a-sur-ron-light-bee-electric-motocross-bike
https://electricbike.com/forum/forum/knowledge-base/surron/67934-sur-ron-modifications-adjustments-tips-tricks

I think 250 lbs would be near the upper limit, though

Back