Upgrading 60v 30A battery to 60v 48A or 52A for Super Soco CU3S

Ania

10 µW
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if it was ehm safe enough to replace my 60v 30A battery to a 60v 48A or 52A battery for my Super Soco CU3S?

I don’t need more speed, just a way to be able to go farther than I currently can with it.

What do you guys think?

A.

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if it was ehm safe enough to replace my 60v 30A battery to a 60v 48A or 52A battery for my Super Soco CU3S?

I don’t need more speed, just a way to be able to go farther than I currently can with it.

What do you guys think?

A.

I understand you don't want to buy another battery of 60v 30ah.

Can you build your own battery?

Do you know someone who can or do know a little about electronics?

The easiest solution would be to bring your charger when you ride or get an extra of the same or buy a faster charger.

Ania said:
If by 30A 48A 52A you mean 30Ah 48Ah 52Ah (very very important difference!), then yes, it should be, as long as your motor/etc isn't overheating on your present usage / range. (you'd probably know if it was; if you are having no problems now, then it probably isn't).

However, rather than replacing the battery, which probably won't fit in the original spot anyway, adding a second battery in parallel with the first (or switching between two of them, either by manually swapping them when the first is empty, or adding a switch to go between them), is much more economical.

How much range do you get now?

How much more range do you need?

If the original battery is LiFePo4 (LFP), then yes, you can probably get quite a bit more power density from a LiIon pack.

Scooter battery space is pretty limited, so just use the biggest pack you can physically fit in the existing battery compartment.

leffex said:
I understand you don't want to buy another battery of 60v 30ah.

Can you build your own battery?

Do you know someone who can or do know a little about electronics?

The easiest solution would be to bring your charger when you ride or get an extra of the same or buy a faster charger.

I don't really know anyone, I am supposed to see a technician this coming week, let's see what he says about it too. I was actually worried about the system blowing up lol if I have a battery with more Ah, super scary.

999zip999 said:
What is the size and the shape of your battery box ?
how many amp is your controller ?

This is what the scooter and battery look like https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32917527184.html the current battery fits the space given underneath the seat, I won't be able to fit any other battery... wish I got one of their motorcycle looking machines back then hah. I currently have 30AH.

amberwolf said:
Ania said:
If by 30A 48A 52A you mean 30Ah 48Ah 52Ah (very very important difference!), then yes, it should be, as long as your motor/etc isn't overheating on your present usage / range. (you'd probably know if it was; if you are having no problems now, then it probably isn't).

However, rather than replacing the battery, which probably won't fit in the original spot anyway, adding a second battery in parallel with the first (or switching between two of them, either by manually swapping them when the first is empty, or adding a switch to go between them), is much more economical.

How much range do you get now?

How much more range do you need?

Yes, absolutely I meant AH, so I currently have 30AH, and would love to have a little more like 48AH or 52AH (they all come with the same voltage 60V). The motor isn't overheating, it's just that the battery is discharging faster than when I bought it, so I thought alright time to change and get a new battery with a new charger too, and one that'd allow with more range, I currently get about 120km of mileage. I can't possibly be adding a second battery, I wish I could, the space allocated doesn't allow for anything else than the current one. I think I found batteries with more AH that'd eventually fit (need to check with the manufacturer).

fatty said:
If the original battery is LiFePo4 (LFP), then yes, you can probably get quite a bit more power density from a LiIon pack.

Scooter battery space is pretty limited, so just use the biggest pack you can physically fit in the existing battery compartment.

It's a lithium battery yeah. Hmm, so you feel like getting a bigger battery is safe to do? Asking the experts, it's my first scooter.. Planning to get a motorcycle next.

Ania said:
fatty said:

It's a lithium battery yeah. Hmm, so you feel like getting a bigger battery is safe to do? Asking the experts, it's my first scooter.. Planning to get a motorcycle next.

Assuming you have enough room, and the quality of the replacement battery is good, then it's safe.

The battery does not control the scooter the controller controls the battery and the scooter thru the throttle. The battery can only limited it's available power. The only way you can overpower the motor is through the demands of the controller and available power left in the battery itself.
Yes there are more energy dense cells you can make a battery out of for longer-range I would keep with 60 volts. just figure out what is the best compromise on the cells you're going to make the battery with. You may just have some Chinese no name cells in your battery pack. I guarantee that are higher quality cells out there to make a battery out of then what's in your scooter.

Ania said:
it's just that the battery is discharging faster than when I bought it, so I thought alright time to change and get a new battery with a new charger too, and one that'd allow with more range, I currently get about 120km of mileage.
You still don't say how much more range you want than you have (or rather, than you got originally), which is required for us to help you figure out what battery would do what you want.

You have to provide information for us to give you useful answers. ;)

Back