Help with display replacement on old Schwinn ebike

marcl

1 µW
Hello,

I have a 2008 Schwinn Continental ebike. I bought it new back then. It went in storage for a few years but I recently brought it back out and have been working on refurbishing it.

First step was getting a new battery. I was really lucky that one of my neighbors rebuilds bike batteries. He had me set up with a Li-Ion upgrade in no time, rebuilding the original Protanium 10AH LiPo battery with Samsung 7s5p 18650-3500E batteries, even reusing the original BMS.

Next step was replacing the Tongxin motor that had a problem. I got a 24v 250w motor from Leeds that works very well. I got lucky connecting the 3 wires: the first combination worked.

The bike is now completely operational, however, I am not so happy with the PAS power delivery. The power switch/throttle/battery gauge, labeled SPE-03, is lacking. Is would like to replace it with another newer unit. The bike is PAS only. The throttle only works to deliver more or less power. The thing is that there is very little difference in terminal speed with whatever setting the throttle is set to. The throttle just seems to change the amount of power at low speed.

Any advice on how to go about replacing this unit? Thank you in advance for your advice.

Back