Any suggestions on a 52v battery.

decksrx

1 mW
My current set up is a 1500w (peak 1.89kw) direct drive kit from ebikeling.
https://ebikeling.com/collections/ebikeling-ebike-conversion-kit/products/waterproof-kit-48v-1500w-26-700c-direct-drive-front-rearebike-conversion-kit.
I've had the kit for about a year and a half and I have had no issues with it until recently.
The bike died on me and now has been diagnosed as bad cell in the battery. Battery is a CYCBT 48v 13ah shark style with Samsung cells. I had made a post on here when the bike went down and was told it was just a matter of time before I killed that battery as it was inadequate for that kit. I'm now looking at a 52v. Does anyone have a suggestion or recommendation on a decent 52v? There are just soooo many choices out there.
Thanks in advance.

decksrx said:
https://ebikeling.com/collections/ebikeling-ebike-conversion-kit/products/waterproof-kit-48v-1500w-26-700c-direct-drive-front-rearebike-conversion-kit.
I've had the kit for about a year and a half and I have had no issues with it until recently.
The bike died on me and now has been diagnosed as bad cell in the battery. Battery is a CYCBT 48v 13ah shark style with Samsung cells. I had made a post on here when the bike went down and was told it was just a matter of time before I killed that battery as it was inadequate for that kit. I'm now looking at a 52v. Does anyone have a suggestion or recommendation on a decent 52v? There are just soooo many choices out there.
Thanks in advance.

I’ve had good success with "unit pack power" batteries
I used the seller on Amazon they have great customer service. If you email them they will reply in a couple of minutes. They have a few different 52V hail long batteries. They also can make you a custom battery with whatever cells you want and shape or size.

decksrx said:
Thanks in advance.

Op,
You need to find out what cells are used to make the battery, and then work it backwards based on the specs of the cells.

Figure out your max continuous draw, then divide that by the number of cells in parallel

14s10P

10P = 10 cells in parallel
if 1 cell has a max CONTINUOUS discharge of 7 amps,
then you have a battery capable of 70 amps discharge at the voltage of 14s [14 x cell voltage]

Cell voltage will have a max and nominal voltage, I use the nominal voltage to calculate the max amps.

In summary, you want good cells like LG MH1s Panasonic NCR18650BD

Another option would be to buy a replacement for the shrink wrapped battery inside your plastic case from Aliexpress from major manufacturer like LITTOKALA

Charger,
This is key in controlling MAX charge voltage,
I set my chargers to 4v per cell max for my LI-ion cells,

for 13s battery, it would be 52v

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19594

Okay we need to know what type of demands are you putting on your battery. How much you weigh and what are you hauling are you on the flats are you going up at 10 for 20 degree Hill. These things will kill a battery. Do you run it down to it dies or you charge it still has something left in the pack. What's your history ? Don't worry I won't fix this. Remember your demands depends on the actual cell in the battery what quality is that cell. Boil it down. And it would last many Years 4 to 8 years

Many battery sellers are just repackaging a Chinese or other unit, so the most important aspect (to me) is the supplier (since the cells could be the ones you want, but fakes). I've had good success with Luna, but em3ev and Grin seem to have mostly good reports too. Otherwise, it's a minefield out there.

Back