Ebike ugrade help?

General Discussion about electric bicycles.
PluckMaster   10 µW

10 µW

Ebike ugrade help?

Post by PluckMaster » May 24 2021 6:24pm

Hello everyone
I own a Tonaro BigHit, amazing bike. However the the motor has gotten damage to the gear and since there are some other week points in the gear box such as the one way bearing I want to upgrade this ebike
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What I want :

A multipurpose ebike I can use for Cruising, Going to the store, And having off-road fun

To be able to go up 35 degree hills

To be able to reach speeds of 80 KPH. Not a must but it would be nice to have a top speed that high :)

For the kit to be of good quality

To have hydraulic Ebrakes

I would specify a range I want but since im not buying a battery that aspect of the upgrade does not come into play
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What I have:

The bighit frame

A 44.4V LIPO with 1776 WH which can draw 480A Continuously

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-hig ... tore=en_us
I am using 4 of these batteries in a 2s 2p Configuration
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My budget is 1000 USD or 820 euro

The kit im thinking of buying

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333949614297 ... 0290.m3507

I also am curious about the company that is selling this kit if anyone has ever done business Risunmotor/Hallomotor or knows if this company is any good?

Thank you in advance :D

PluckMaster

Sweden Ostergotland
Last edited by PluckMaster on May 25 2021 9:18am, edited 1 time in total.

Chalo   100 GW

100 GW

Re: Ebike ugrade help?

Post by Chalo » May 24 2021 6:39pm

PluckMaster wrote:
May 24 2021 6:24pm
To be able to go up 35 degree hills
I'm pretty sure you don't want that. That's a 70% grade, or about twice as steep as the steepest paved road in the world.
This is to express my gratitude to Justin of Grin Technologies for his extraordinary measures to save this forum for the benefit of all.

PluckMaster   10 µW

10 µW

Post by PluckMaster » May 24 2021 6:48pm

I don't need it for on road use. but I have needed to go up extremely steep hill with i go off-roading however. I have not measured the hills that I have gone up

Edited the reply because of broken english

Audisport09   10 W

10 W

Post by Audisport09 » May 24 2021 7:52pm

Looks alright, personally I like to buy parts individually. You need to find out what turn the motor is. Also you battery voltage is too low. I have run that controller at 12s felt slow. 18s much better.

E-HP   100 MW

100 MW

Post by E-HP » May 24 2021 10:26pm

PluckMaster wrote:

I also am curious about the company that is selling this kit if anyone has ever done business Risunmotor/Hallomotor or knows if this company is any good?
I bought a controller and display from their ebay store. They don't make anything; but rebrand it with their name. They didn't even bother doing that for the stuff I bought, which were a KT sine wave controller and LCD3 display. They did put their name on the documentation though (Risunmotor LCD3 manual).

Eyeballing the pictures, it looks like that kit has a QS205 motor (rebranded) and Sabvoton clone controller.

PluckMaster   10 µW

10 µW

Post by PluckMaster » May 25 2021 9:06am

Audisport09 wrote:
May 24 2021 7:52pm
Looks alright, personally I like to buy parts individually. You need to find out what turn the motor is. Also you battery voltage is too low. I have run that controller at 12s felt slow. 18s much better.
Thank you for the input. I probably plan to upgrade the battery some time down the road.

PluckMaster   10 µW

10 µW

Post by PluckMaster » May 25 2021 9:14am

E-HP wrote:
May 24 2021 10:26pm
PluckMaster wrote:

I bought a controller and display from their ebay store. They don't make anything; but rebrand it with their name. They didn't even bother doing that for the stuff I bought, which were a KT sine wave controller and LCD3 display. They did put their name on the documentation though (Risunmotor LCD3 manual).

Eyeballing the pictures, it looks like that kit has a QS205 motor (rebranded) and Sabvoton clone controller.
Interesting. if you where looking for the best kit for 1000$, would you buy this kit?

dogman dan   100 GW

100 GW

Post by dogman dan » May 26 2021 6:23am

I wanted performance like that, but for longer rides than 45 min. Hard to carry battery big enough to go for a couple hours at those speeds.

For $800 I bought an old honda 100. Because you could choose a lower gear, it would climb steep hills that choked my large hub motor, on 3000w of 72v. Top speed was only about 60 kph, so I replaced it with a yamaha 250 this spring which goes 70 mph if you need to.

But your solution is not my solution. You got a great bike frame to work with, you just need a big strong heavy direct drive hub motor, and a couple more lipos to run it on 3000w or more, of 72v. That will get you to 60 kph at least. It will climb the hill you need to get up, but maybe not climb the hill so steep you can barely walk on it. 35 degrees is double black diamond rating, in ski slopes. Even bulldozer roads to mines max out at about 25 degrees, then have to start switch backing.