Does this make sense?

ebike11

1 MW
Hi guys
Im in the middle of wiring up my APT chinese controller and learned that their software missing in action. There are some links of the program but either the version is glitchy..or doesnt boot up at all. Its the risk i guess i volved.
The contoller also has no bluetooth.

I sucessfully got everything wired up and function without being to see my power levels.
The main problem is that the motor is running perfectly but in reverse. I tried switching some phase and hall sensor combinations with no luck and then decided to jus connect the Reverse and Black negative wires from the wiring harness together.

Now the bike is running in the correct direction but i wont be able to use that reverse function since the wires are connected together, which is ok since ill rarely need it.

Will doing it like this harm anything?? And will the motor work at 100% top speed with the wires connect compared to unconnected?

The motor i have connected is inot on a bike at the moment to test so i was just turning the throttle at 5%

Usually on other controller such as sabvoton..you can go i to the app and change the motor direction using 0 or 1 value but im not able to.

Thanks!!

Reverse polarity is not the way to solve the problem. You have the wrong phase/hall combo and it is easy to correct. First make sure that your controller does not have a learning function and hadn’t been fooled by moving the wheel backward when first plugged. Controllers that have a learning function don’t require you to find the proper hall/phase combo, they find it by themselves the first time the wheel is moving. Self learning sensored controllers are few, but still common on the Chinese market.

With sensored controllers that have no self learning function:
When the motor is spinning backward, you are almost there. Swap 2 phases, any but only 2, then the solution is in the halls matching, so try them 3 possible color combos remaining until you have a forward motion.

Thx again Madrhino...i wish the controller had bluetooth to simply choose motor direction.
Ill try what you said this coming weekend
Thanks!

MadRhino said:
Reverse polarity is not the way to solve the problem. You have the wrong phase/hall combo and it is easy to correct. First make sure that your controller does not have a learning function and hadn’t been fooled by moving the wheel backward when first plugged. Controllers that have a learning function don’t require you to find the proper hall/phase combo, they find it by themselves the first time the wheel is moving. Self learning sensored controllers are few, but still common on the Chinese market.

With sensored controllers that have no self learning function:
When the motor is spinning backward, you are almost there. Swap 2 phases, any but only 2, then the solution is in the halls matching, so try them 3 possible color combos remaining until you have a forward motion.

Hi...just a follow up question.
Since i found the correct combination but in reverse...does that mean there is 100% another combination to make to move foward correctly as well??

Of course there is. You had found the reverse firing order, now you know the forward is only a few steps away. By swapping 2 phases you reverse the firing order, then you only need to find which halls you have to swap to have a match.

MadRhino said:
Of course there is. You had found the reverse firing order, now you know the forward is only a few steps away. By swapping 2 phases you reverse the firing order, then you only need to find which halls you have to swap to have a match.

Ok thanks!

Back