Nakto Ebikes and how to improve them

A couple months ago I bought a Nakto Folding OX after selling my Fiido D2S. The Fiido was a little too small and was having battery issues so I cut my losses and sold it. My budget wasn't super high, but I decided more power and larger tires took precedence this time around. After doing my research, I bought the Nakto Folding OX. After owning it for a couple months so far, it's a step up in some ways, but I feel it can use a little improvement. Does anyone here own one or is anyone familiar with this bike?

It folds in half, but the handlebars do not fold. I could loosen the clamp and fold the handlebars down, but this is a little inconvenient every time I want to load it in my car. Is there any kind of kit to make these fold with a quick release? Also, the brakes aren't as good as I'd like them to be.

I would feel better if I had someone that could relate to these issues as they pertain to the bike. Anyone who has this model, let me know. I'd love to hear ways of improving it.

Putting a bike into a car is undignified for you and for the bike. The reason you use a bike with a motor is so you can sell (or better yet, crush) the car.

Well the bike won't be taking me 1200 miles in any reasonable amount of time so this is what it is.

You might consider a DNP freewheel with a smaller 11T gear, if you're running out of gear when using the Shimano freewheel with its smallest 14T. Only trouble is the DNP's are 7 speed, and it might be a tight fit.

When the bicycle parts shortage eases, you can convert the cable actuated disk brakes to hydraulic with a Shimano M355 set, around $150 with e-brake levers. I recall paying $69 for the front/rear levers with hoses/calipers, but I had to rig my own electrical cables for $20.

Good mirror, bell/horn, and lights.

Well your question is a little vague. Are you asking is there a way to make your handlebars fold up? Or maybe fold down would make it even more compact? Can you post some clear photos of your handlebars area to give us some hints on what we are dealing with here? Or are you asking us to research into the Nakto Folding OX bike company and see if they offer any folding handlebar options? It looks like maybe you only want readers who have the Nakto Folding OX to answer? Not sure. :?

Maybe one of these?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MF8TO1P/ref=as_li_ss_tl?SubscriptionId=AKIAJO7E5OLQ67NVPFZA&ascsubtag=852229008-2-&tag=shopperz_origin1-20

To expensive
I just buy cheap $20 seats from the department store and they last a whopping month or two before the rails crush on 375lbs (installed properly, properly spaced) but if you shave and shove hockey pucks between the rail and seat base your ahead of the game.
:thumb:
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/supercycle-touring-bike-saddle-0737488p.html#srp
Aint nuffin but top quality products Supercycle pushes
:wink:
However I imagine Chalo wouldnt be impressed accustomed to Brooks saddles but he did mention a quality value seat, couldnt find the link selle royale perhaps.

E-HP said:
Maybe one of these?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MF8TO1P/ref=as_li_ss_tl?SubscriptionId=AKIAJO7E5OLQ67NVPFZA&ascsubtag=852229008-2-&tag=shopperz_origin1-20

Look at Random Bike Parts for a Shimano front brake for < $70. Leave the rear alone since the front does 70% (estimated) of the work. I'd be happy with your front system since I wish that it was on my folding Dahon instead of the rickety one with a QR. Plus the ramifications of a front failure would preclude any over the counter change (for me).

99t4 said:
Well your question is a little vague. Are you asking is there a way to make your handlebars fold up? Or maybe fold down would make it even more compact? Can you post some clear photos of your handlebars area to give us some hints on what we are dealing with here? Or are you asking us to research into the Nakto Folding OX bike company and see if they offer any folding handlebar options? It looks like maybe you only want readers who have the Nakto Folding OX to answer? Not sure. :?

I would like my handlebars to fold down but I wish there were a quick release of some sort. Loosening the clamp works but it's kind of a dodgy fix.

And I'm looking for people who either own this bike or are familiar with it to chime in. It has its quirks and documentation is rather scarce.

docw009 said:
You might consider a DNP freewheel with a smaller 11T gear, if you're running out of gear when using the Shimano freewheel with its smallest 14T. Only trouble is the DNP's are 7 speed, and it might be a tight fit.

When the bicycle parts shortage eases, you can convert the cable actuated disk brakes to hydraulic with a Shimano M355 set, around $150 with e-brake levers. I recall paying $69 for the front/rear levers with hoses/calipers, but I had to rig my own electrical cables for $20.

Good mirror, bell/horn, and lights.
The brakes I can deal with for now, but not sure if I should replace just the pads or the entire system. The stock headlight is pretty dismal, if I can find a plug in replacement, that will be one of the first things to go.

Back