Chrome or Polished Stainless Steel Front Fat Wheel

Diddler

1 W
Greetings....building a fancy ebike. Rear Hub motor I desire is laced onto what is terms a 26" wheel with following specs: Rim Width 95mm; Rim Diameter (outer)573mm and Rim Diameter (inner) 524mm.

Here's my challenge....each time I contact a reputable tire brand, either have no tire that will fit or reference the above rim specs aren't industry standard. Yet, retailer of the Hub Motor remains frequent seller of this product. Obviously, some people are figuring out what tire fits. I would appreciate recommendations of parties you may know who are experts in understanding rim/tire sizes for fat tires.

Thank you for recommended persons and their email contact.

Diddler

are you looking for fat bike tyres as that is right tyre for rim width , or is the diameter the issue?

The measure of a wheel's size is the bead seat diameter of the rim (which is difficult to measure directly). For a 26" x decimal size wheel, it's 559mm. I think that's what you're working with.

shopping~2.jpg

573 mm is 22.5 inches and 524mm is 20.5 inches , have you figured out its a motorbike rim yet :mrgreen: only tyre that comes close is a 21 inch motor bike tyre ,plus if you measured correct that gives rim profile depth of 24mm which is quite deep I think , for sure is not a 26inch rim though :wink: picture would help clear thing up , I like pictures

Greendog said:
573 mm is 22.5 inches and 524mm is 20.5 inches , have you figured out its a motorbike rim yet :mrgreen: only tyre that comes close is a 21 inch motor bike tyre

Nope. In motorcycle lingo, a 26" bike rim like he has is a 22" rim. 22 inches = 558.8mm. That's the size of the bead seat.

thanks for putting that straight in my eagerness to solve problem totally over looked that tyre and rim size not the important number its the bead seat diameter that is important , even though you said in post before :pancake: so should be pretty easy to find a 559 tyre then :wink:

Thanks Chalo,
So, are you saying that a typical 26" Fat 4" wide bicycle tire will have a 524 bead seat (or something close to that?).

My main objective is trying to know what 26" bicycle tire will fit when the rim is stated to be 95mm wide, Rim Diameter (Outer) 573mm and Rim Diameter (Inner) 524mm.

Please bear with this novice who hasn't walked this path before, thus confusing. However, appreciate any/all light shone on this matter.

You remain a huge resource to us who are struggling with crazy projects.

Diddler

Diddler said:
Thanks Chalo,
So, are you saying that a typical 26" Fat 4" wide bicycle tire will have a 524 bead seat (or something close to that?).

No. Only 559mm.

The inside diameter may be 524mm, and the outside diameter may be 573. But because the bead seat is a feature down inside the rim channel, it will always be something in between the inside and outside diameters.

Look at the picture I posted above. The bead seat is the little ledge at the point of the arrow I drew. If you had a big enough caliper, you could measure across the rim at this point and get an empirical number.

Your 26x4.0" tire will have an ISO size designation printed on it somewhere. Probably 100-559.

All 26 x decimal width tires and rims are ISO 559. Various 26 x fractional width tires have different bead seat diameters, like 584, 590, and 597.

Thanks Chalo,
I think this 'Ole Thick Headed Diddler' is slowly understanding. Sorry to be such a nuance. However, for one not familiar with these matters, it is darn confusing. Appreciate your guidance. Hope not to bother you again, however I may well be back with another question or two.
Thank you sir,
Diddler

could subtract 559 from 573 which equals 14 divide that by 2 for each side of the rim this gives 7 measure this in from outer of rim should land on the bead seat confirming 559 :mrgreen:

Asking for recommendations for a skilled and reliable builder of 26" chrome or polished steel front fat wheel. Preferably 3.5" wide.
Appreciate names and companies you've discovered worthy craftsmen.
Thank you.
Diddler

Made this request before; no responses. Really need a resource for a quality 26" Chrome Fat Front Wheel.

Appreciate pointing me in direction of a quality builder.

Thanks,
Diddler

Back