Resetting primary odometer on a DPC-18

nikhintz

10 mW
Hello again. It seems that I might have picked up a little bit of last week's solar storm. I noticed that the odometer and max speed were reading some absurd values a couple days ago, on the order of 4,285,000 miles traveled and 4,000 MPH max. While I'd love to say that either of those situations actually happened, I doubt either the bike or I would survive. So, does anybody know how to reset the DPC-18 display, or am I stuck with it.

If you're skillset includes soldering/de-soldering and you're comfortable with computers, then you could reprogram the EEPROM. Check out a few YouTube videos, search something like "Odometer Reprogramming", then if it looks like you want to try it, search on "EEPROM Programming" and watch a couple of those videos for more info.

E-HP said:
If you're skillset includes soldering/de-soldering and you're comfortable with computers, then you could reprogram the EEPROM. Check out a few YouTube videos, search something like "Odometer Reprogramming", then if it looks like you want to try it, search on "EEPROM Programming" and watch a couple of those videos for more info.

Thanks for the information, but after watching a few of those videos, it seems like way more effort than I am willing to commit to having numbers that really don't matter be correct. I'll just live with it for now.

Back