Dost DROP Ebike

LewTwo

1 MW
Has anyone had any experience with DOST ebikes ?
(Yes I did a search but only found some strange posts about a video camera).
I am looking at the DOST DROP.
https://dostbikes.com/

gobi said:
sierra trading post something similar at half the cost.
Originally named Sierra Trading Post, Sierra was acquired by TJX in 2012 and launched its e-commerce site in 1998. The retail chain rebranded to Sierra in 2018. https://www.sierra.com/

Well if they do then they must be keeping it under a basket.

seems to a store only item, it is not on their website, I will swing by later today and take a pic for ya.

gobi said:
seems to a store only item, it is not on their website, I will swing by later today and take a pic for ya.
Hmmmm .... seems that their closest store is Castle Rock, CO 80108 (about 1,000 miles). Likely why I had never heard of them.

LewTwo said:
gobi said:
Hmmmm .... seems that their closest store is Castle Rock, CO 80108 (about 1,000 miles). Likely why I had never heard of them.

Yeah, I used to be jealous of the cool store around CO Springs, CO when I ventured out there for Elk.
Some how they decided to open one in my little town, we have a REI now also.
went out 2x times and spaced out both times. Sunday it is, they have a lot of cool bike accessori.. and their clearance section, though well picked over, has some deals sometimes.

It is a fat tire bike, the frame looks similar.

They also have an avalanche ebike with skinny tires and small hub in the rear.

Attachments

• quietkat_2.jpg
    quietkat_2.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 334
  • quietkat_1.jpg
    quietkat_1.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 334
Thanks for the pictures. I am more interested in a city bike than anything for trails or off road.
The poor maintenance of city streets these days drives me to insisting on a suspension fork.

The Dost Drop has a Step-Through Frame with Bafang BBS02 mid drive and a suspension fork.
The tires are 27.5 x 2.4 road tires and built in rack (rated at 100 pounds) as well as hydraulic disk brakes, fenders and lights.
Dost-drop-white-chain-drive.jpg
This picture is the current chain drive (shown with the second battery).
The one I really want is the CVT model but it will not be available until next year.
It also has an air fork (vs. spring fork) and a gates belt drive.
Those wee little extra bits drive the price up a tad.

Wait-- they sell them in the bikini dept. now? :lol:

file.php

LewTwo said:
The poor maintenance of city streets these days drives me to insisting on a suspension fork.
I hear you. I just built a FS DH bike for just that reason. WAY safer, kinder, and gentler to the body. Highly recommended. :thumb:

Back