Very small, ligtweight, and nearly invisible conversion wanted

Dumsterdave

100 W
im looking to convert an old bike to electric. Ive made over 10 bikes already, but its been a few years since the last and Ive never really tried to hide the fact that they are electric... Anyways, this bike only needs to be 200-250w and very difficult to tell its electric. No throttle, no display, minimal wiring, maybe a water bottle battery that actually looks like a water bottle. The downtube and seat tube are very thin and they wont have any space to hide batteries inside. I also only need around around 20 km range. Does anyone have any suggestions or links to very small, hidden motors, controllers, etc..

4 of the Lightest Electric Bike Conversion Kits:

https://www.ebikechoices.com/lightest-electric-bike-conversion-kits/

Those are no fun and no diy - and pricey :D

@dumsterdave: Should there be a PAS?

I’m thinking of building a minimal bike for commuting with, probably only with on/off buttons at full throttle
13S2P of molicell p42, a forgotten Q100 motor and some chinese mini controller i’ve had for something like eight years.

I am working on a similar build g311 hub, bags on rear rack for battery and controller and a kt lcd4 display size of a digital speedometer.

The lcd 4 is to big, nothing smaller it is literally the size of my thumb.

Attachments

• 16546188685551362108535916469280.jpg
    16546188685551362108535916469280.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,014
If you use something like an Aikema/Cute 100 rear hub with a big cassette in one side and a disc brake on the other, then the motor will be very inconspicuous. You can put the battery and controller in a pannier (assuming that your low power level won't heat up the controller too much), and the pannier will further conceal the motor and its cable.

The Aikema 75 front hub (only 1.44 kg) looks like a hub dynamo, and lowrider front panniers could be used to conceal it in the same way

machanic said:
The lcd 4 is to big, nothing smaller it is literally the size of my thumb.

Yes, too big since it’s there, not interested in speed, range, distance or on the fly programming. Four battery indicator leds or a volt digit would be enough for me, the rest of the info on a display is more like fluff to me.

How about a one-LED voltmeter:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=110900#p1625812
(OP's version uses blinking; mine uses color)

Does something like this qualify? If yes, a G310 in the rear, a large 40T+ cassette, 2-3 LiGos or equivalent small battery in a frame or saddle bag and you're good. Since the Baserunner controllers don't have built-in PAS yet, you could employ a Cycle Analyst to do it and hide it in the bag as well. My frame bag is half-empty and the mess on the seat tube is temporary.

PXL_20220714_183226174.jpg

Back