Need 36v batt. Recommended vendors please.

torker

100 kW
I have been searching for a small 36 v batt for my iride bike. It is only rated 250w It shouldn't need a big battery.
Any reviews for BTRPower? Or other vendors you have used. Screenshot_20221127-121259_Firefox.jpg

169.00 is cheap and making a profit ? What cells are they using this includes a BMS and charger in the price. That's a lot of components. Maybe they're getting some of their money back in shipping like BMS battery used to do ?
How much to ship ? Ask him what sells they use most time they'll just tell you Tesla like sells. I hate when that's the answer.

I liked the warranty and the US warehouse. But, no idea of what cells or bms used.

Em3ev is great. I have 2 of their batteries. About double the price but worth it..

I am trying to get this old bike going on the cheap. Not easy or recommended way to go.

Really seeing if someone has used Btrbattery..

Given the configuration (10S4P), ignoring the cost of the BMS, assembly, and profit, that would come to $4.22 per 2500mAh cell. I would guess not brand cells, given the conservative imputed price, so if you're fine with generic Chinese cells, and running them within their capabilities, then may be worth taking a chance on them.

It is only 250 w so it won't take much to power. My other option is to get another 12v lifepo4 . I have 2 now. Then buy a bms and wire it. Which I have never done.🙄 I can get another for 45 dollars, maybe less. They are used and 20 ah.

Attachments

• 20221113_114228.jpg
    20221113_114228.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 581
  • 20221113_103536.jpg
    20221113_103536.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 581
A friend of mine uses a 36v Bafang with rear hub. I recently suggested Ryobi lawnmower batteries as a possible replacement, which are 40v, 6aH. I've used Ryobi electric lawnmowers and their 40v, 6 aH batteries hold up very well. Not sure who's making Ryobi battery adapters with a 3D printer yet.

The higher 40v should not set off any over-voltage errors on a 36v Bafang. For example, my Bafang BBS02 is a 48v motor and runs on 60v with no problem, error code 07H will shut down motor at approx 61.5v. I have over 2000 miles on engine to date. Bike still runs like new.

What happened to the lower right hand corner of that battery it looks rusted is it leaking has it leaked ?
Used batteries are a big gamble.

999zip999 said:
What happened to the lower right hand corner of that battery it looks rusted is it leaking has it leaked ?
Used batteries are a big gamble.

No. That is just gooey foam tape they used during manufacture.

See if you can find some cheap lawn tool batteries! Ryobi 40V work great, and there are several adaptors on Amazon. You can also use Kobalt or Greenworks 40V. Pretty much any of them will give you enough power.

Back