Another UK ebike Rally/Race

Yep, The KMX will be there:) I just got the puma motor, but I cant get it in the wheel by then:(
Weather forcast looks fair....

BUMP!!

Come on UKguys...get down there for a meetup tomorrow! Weather forecast isnt too horrible..
May be the last oppurtunity this year :p :evil:

Great day, nice to meet Steve head, and monster too. Also the team hybryd crew. Some nice bikes there from the home enthusiasts!
Shame the race got cancelled (we suspect that the organisers/dealers didnt want a public thrashing :D )
NickF got himself caught by the ITV crew for an interview...I'll post the link when I can find the article :lol: He also got a ride on the velectris scooter...
Thanks for the lift Nick!
:D

Wish I could go. I tried to sponsor a similar event where I live, but the red tape shut everything down. With insurance minimums at $1 million and no insurance company that wants to cover a "1 day event", it stopped everything in it's tracks.

knightmb said:
Wish I could go. I tried to sponsor a similar event where I live, but the red tape shut everything down. With insurance minimums at $1 million and no insurance company that wants to cover a "1 day event", it stopped everything in it's tracks.

Why do you need insurance for such an event? Seems ridiculous. Won't basic liability waivers protect the organizers?

Hmm...sadly I cant seem to find Nicks TV interview online, I was looking forward to the ensuing embarrassment :lol:

xyster said:
knightmb said:

Why do you need insurance for such an event? Seems ridiculous. Won't basic liability waivers protect the organizers?
I thought it was ridiculous too. But anything owned or maintained by the government (here anyway) requires a $1 million policy by default. So even if you want to just hold a "speech" out in the park, *bam*, $1 million policy please.

I found some insurance companies that were suppose to do this kind of thing, but they were so dis-organized and customer service was terrible. I had one company that I thought was going to save it at the last day, but the guy who did the insurance went on vacation for a week and well it was too late by then.

Talk about frustrating. What I'm looking for now is a "private" business or owner to do this from who won't ask for a $1 mil policy.

I thought it was ridiculous too. But anything owned or maintained by the government (here anyway) requires a $1 million policy by default. So even if you want to just hold a "speech" out in the park, *bam*, $1 million policy please.

Doesn't such a policy contravene (by abridging) the First Amendment's freedom-of-assembly guarantees, shutting the door on people and organizations who can't afford, or can't find, $1 million policies?

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.billofrights.html

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Jozzer said:
Hmm...sadly I cant seem to find Nicks TV interview online, I was looking forward to the ensuing embarrassment :lol:

Your a scumbag Steve :evil: , I should of just scarpered like everyone else . I think what I was saying was too rambling to be useful to anyone though.:D

I think it will be quite funny if they have some clips of us racing round the car park coz we were going pretty quick.

Was a fun couple of hours despite the rally being cancelled. The Dirt Monkey was awesome to ride and there were many other really nice bikes there including a couple of Puma's with some pretty crazy acceleration, I suspect Knoxie's handiwork there.

I really hope they'll be another better organised event at some point with more rallies and races and general fun.

knightmb said:

sounds really frustrating, maybe you could try contacting people doing something similar,for example go karting and see if they have any work arounds. Another option would be to get together with some other event where they already had the insurance cover

xyster said:

Doesn't such a policy contravene (by abridging) the First Amendment's freedom-of-assembly guarantees, shutting the door on people and organizations who can't afford, or can't find, $1 million policies?

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.billofrights.html

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

It's true, I could go to the park and make a speech about anything. But... if I want to plan an event around it, that's where the parks people want the insurance. So, I guess if I just said, "hey, everyone meet me here at such and such date/time" then technically I could get away with it for free. The only thing is, when you want to setup equipment, cameras, etc. they won't let you do that then because then you *have* to have the insurance in case someone falls down and sues the place that it happened at.

I do have some more places in mind though, just waiting for the owners to reply back. Hopefully they don't expect a million policy either, LOL.

NickF23 said:
knightmb said:

sounds really frustrating, maybe you could try contacting people doing something similar,for example go karting and see if they have any work arounds. Another option would be to get together with some other event where they already had the insurance cover
I'm going that way as well. There are a lot of "bike" events, I mean lot of them where I live. The only thing is, everyone has the stigma that e-bikers are a bunch of lazy people who just want to show off. Have to shake that reputation, though I have no idea where it comes from since I don't see hardly any e-bikes around here.

that was my first KMX ride, awsome fun! I WANT ONE!

and dirtmonkys acceleration is scary. wheelies on tap!

i've sorted my brakes now, shame it wasn't in time for the event, but hey.

for me it wasn't as good as prestytne which was a real eye opener into the world of electric bikes. i hope there is another event this year but better organised and more central.

hello all, scumbag here...

Nick made a fatal mistake, and sent me the link to the newsfeed!

So, here it is!! http://www.itvlocal.com/meridian/locallife/?&void=81914

Nicks the one giving the interview at the end, i'm the one riding round and round so they can't ask me an questions :lol:

Sorry nick, had to be done! For what its worth I think it was a great interview.....do yyou think theres any chance they still have the other 20 mins of the interview held in storage? :twisted:

Jozzer said:
hello all, scumbag here...

Nick made a fatal mistake, and sent me the link to the newsfeed!

So, here it is!! http://www.itvlocal.com/meridian/locallife/?&void=81914

Nicks the one giving the interview at the end, i'm the one riding round and round so they can't ask me an questions :lol:

Sorry nick, had to be done! For what its worth I think it was a great interview.....do yyou think theres any chance they still have the other 20 mins of the interview held in storage? :twisted:

That was you in the yellow shirt?

Yellow? White hoodie, on the trike, thats me :D
*waves at buzz*
At least 15 people have shouted "I WANT ONE" as i've whizzed past them this month. Methinks this is a highly sellable product! Can't think why every bike shop doesn't stock one TBH.. :roll:
The guy doing tricks on the trials Giant used to work for KMX....I got the feeling he could have really shown it off, but he seemed reluctant to ride :(

Any chance somebody can re-up this video somewhere else? No matter the browser, it refuses to play, re-directing me to a page that states I must have cookies enabled. I most definitely have cookies enabled.

I'm just dying to see if Jozzer looks like what I imagine a Jozzer would look like.... :)

beaker.gif

Only meaner looking...

Lol @ Xyster. Thats actually a photo of a good friend of mine.
I look more like this...

[/img]

I cant seem to download the video in order to host it anywhere else, have you tried with firefox? (usually goes where other browsers won't)

OK, after some extra gymnastics it worked with Firefox for Mac.

IMO, Nick looks more like Animal; Jozzer looks more like Beaker. I noticed a couple Cookie Monsters were there too.

Now that that's out of the way, I can move on with my life. :)

Back