Tires 16" x 2.4"
Weight 62 lbs
Top Speed Approx 15 mph
Colors 'Blue or Red on Black
Price $1349

:lol:
tks
Lock

EDIT: Oooops... shoulda posted to "E-Scooter and Motorcycle General Discussion"... sorry! Feel free to move this!

Drop a 36v 20ah ping in there and that would be a fun little bike. Wonder if it would take 48 volts?

HAHA! Geeeeeesss... these are for 5-10 year olds! Not sure ya want `em to go any *faster*... (the reason to up the volts?) I'll guess they are geared for torque rather than speed... their vids are pretty fun:
http://www.youtube.com/user/iansmittya7#g/u

My only *real* experience w/EVs is little Currie-built scoots running 400W from 24V with the vehicle weight about the same as these... I'm waaaay heavier than most 10yos so I can imagine they are already pretty "peppy" for someone half my weight!
tks
loK

Very cool videos they is lil GWhys in the making, lil kid
'Oliver' in the 3rd video is switched on with the wheelstands.

KiM

Lock said:
HAHA! Geeeeeesss... these are for 5-10 year olds! Not sure ya want `em to go any *faster*... (the reason to up the volts?)
Well I don't have any kids so I was thinking but some tall bmx bars on it at 48volts and have some fun :D

I gotta say that price is pretty ridiculous for something with SLA's and a 750w brushed motor. You can get scooters with higher wattage and capacity for half as much...

I'll guess these are quality... more than yer average scooters... Ya really don't want to be selling defective designs that end up hurting the little people... Not much worse than an angry parent.

When Luke and I were rocketing around at 10kw on what was originally a cheap 24" dual suspension Raleigh, I was imagining what fun my kids are going to have once they're old enough to ride. Reduce the top speed and add torque with a smaller wheel, and then double the power to weight ratio with a kid, and WOW...big WOW!.

Thanks for the link Lock. Now I've got something to copy, but in a format suited for more than little tikes.

These bikes have been around for a while, the chap that makes them is looking into making a adult full size version. They are rather expensive but they are very well built and more than enough performance for youngsters ( could do with being a bit lighter ( dump the sla's )). He had major problems making them comply to safety requirements to be able to sell them, I think this is what pushed the price up as far as it is. I have had a go on one a couple of years ago and it was really good fun, there is a upgrade kit for them to 750w...

Back