Albino-B2 project

HAL9000v2.0

10 kW
This is my next bike. It is just for me and it is summary of everithing I have learned on ES and everithing I ever wanted to build (for now). The code name is Ctrl+C bike. :) It have some simmilarity with its rollmodel but not much. Just V-boxx and same battery pack. It is bigger, it is wider It will have liquid cooled hub, the radiator and fan under the seat, the botom is wider so it can accomodate kelly...I will post updates here more often then before ( I bought new camera finally...)

http://s881.photobucket.com/albums/ac19/Albino-B2/?albumview=slideshow

Looking really good, can't wait to see it finished. I hope they are the Headway power cells you putting in there. The standard type would struggle with the current of that beast of a motor :twisted:

Actualy it will use "standard" 38120S 10Ah cells. They will be fine because peek current will be 200A. The goal is to make bike with max speed of 45mph, acceleration 3sec to 40mph and it must be capable of constant acceleration without overheting. I will rest when it can do 100 starts form 0 to 40mph in 1 hour.

What pack configuration are you going to use, 16S 2P or more? So what is that, 10KW or so?

I'll have to get 1 of those motors off you when they are available. I'm using about 4.5KW max on my bike and I don't know if I'd like much more without a purpose built bike like you are building or at least a good spec DH bike. I can empty a 15 or 20Ah pack in about 20-25mins just blasting around the streets running about 40-45whrs/km. I didn't actually increase the whrs/km by much when I changed the current limit from 65A to 95A. You're just not at those very high current levels for long on a fairly high powered ebike. You'll be up to max speed in not time with that gearing/power and then you'll be at maybe 3 or 4KW constant at say 45mph. It should be some machine 8)

It will not use colossus motor. This will be completly different hub motor, something like x5, actulay it will have magnets from x5.
The current limit is not that important, I have logged last year my greyborg with 150A kelly and x5306. The the biggest consumption was 67Wh/km WOT uphill, 52Wh/km fooling around with lots of hard accelerations. and 37Wh/km normal driving up and down hill...

HAL9000v2.0 said:
The current limit is not that important, I have logged last year my greyborg with 150A kelly and x5306. The the biggest consumption was 67Wh/km WOT uphill, 52Wh/km fooling around with lots of hard accelerations. and 37Wh/km normal driving up and down hill...

That's what makes our ebikes the optimum EV, while we wait for batteries to improve. We can enjoy staggering performance very economically. Also, other than the slightly higher average speed, if we accelerate to and cruise at the same speed, it costs us very little extra energy to accelerate to speed in 3 seconds than it does to take 30 seconds to get up to the same speed. The only real difference is that bit of extra wind resistance of higher avg speed, as long as we're not pushing the motor too far that it becomes less efficient from over-heating the windings.

To put it in perspective, they can be more fun than an amusement park ride, with no waiting in line and few track restrictions...all for about a penny a mile (after the initial investment).

John

Today I got it back from powdercoating and started assembling it. How can you tell my wife if on buissnes trip? :lol:

SAM_0121.jpg

SAM_0120.jpg

SAM_0126.jpg

SAM_0124.jpg

SAM_0123.jpg

SAM_0122.jpg

SAM_0128.jpg

Looking good. Very good.

If it was black it might have just reminded me of something

- Adrian

Hal

That is beautiful work...very industrial looking :D . How much was the Suntour V-Boxx and where did you get it? Have you used it before on any other projects? I was just wondering how those transmissions work...Also, what are the holes on the top of your seat mast for? Cooling vents for your batteries?

I got it from Santour. :)
Around 850€.
No not this type.
It work great on the table. I'll let you know soon when I hit the road..
Behind these holes comes radiator. And fan is behind radiator. It is for cooling the hub not bateries...

Sure looks nice...Did you use 4130 cro-mo sheet? What thickness? Tig welded? What is the overall width of the battery box?

So freaking nice Hal!! Fantastic job on this! Wow!

Beautiful work Hal! Can you tell me how you made the recessed face that the side cover bolts into. Did you machine that or is it a narrow strip welded inside the box? I've been trying to work out how to make boxes waterproof and your design looks as if it could be sealed quite easily.

Absolutely the finest ebike on the planet.............. PERIOD!

This is like Timma's bike on steroids.

Really a treat to watch this build, Hal. Nice. 8)

Matt

Thanks all.

@full-throtle: Any chance to see some of it?

I made battery pack last night. Cut all my fingers on copper. I have 1000 tiny cuts that I havent felt last night but now they hurt as hell. So few days off while I get filling back in my fingers...

SAM_0141.jpg

SAM_0142.jpg

SAM_0152.jpg

SAM_0153.jpg

SAM_0154.jpg

SAM_0155.jpg

Thought those were bloodstains on the copper strips for a minute...then reading the rest of the post realized maybe they *are*. :shock:

Back