36V 20A/H without pedaling ?

Bonvin

10 mW
Hello to you all.

I want your opignon on the distance you can travel with a NC2806 connected to a LiFePO4 battery 36V 20A/H, without pedaling ?

When I am researching Endless-sphere or elsewhere I find very conflicting answers so that I can not manage to get an idea!

My cruising speed is around 20 to 25 km/h for a total load of 275 lbs on flat terrain.

I look forward to reading your comments

Gillis

At 20 mph or under, you could probably go around 30 miles safely without risking any damage to the battery. That's without pedaling. I have a 36v20AH and I went 19 miles on just 50 % of the battery.

I'm going to say 30 miles too, minimum. But since I weigh 180 pounds, my estimate could be off quite a bit.

I have gone that speed on a similar winding motor for 39 miles on a 36v 20 ah pingbattery, but I pedaled. In any case, only a real world test will tell you once you buy stuff. 36v 20 ah is a good size for a battery. About toolbox or trunk bag size, 15 pounds, and big enough to be discharging at a nice low c rate to make the battery last longer.

Do you already have the motor? Why on earth would you choose a 2806 for speeds of 25 kph? That motor on 36v will be happiest running at 40 kph. If you only want 25 kph top speed a 2810 (6x10) motor would be ideal.

Are you wanting 40 kph, but just want to know if you can make a certain distance if you slow down?

Hum 30 miles is good. It's still a good autonomy.
I forgot to tell you that my NC is installed on a 20 " wheel which would give me a lower speed than a 26" one.
I hesitate between a 2805 or 2806!
Let's say I'm more concerned about the distance than velocity. At almost 20 lbs the battery is easy to transport even though I have a backache. Do I have to change my rack for a steel rack ? Do you have a bms on your battery.

I have a 36V 10Ah battery and go about the same speed. No pedaling, I'll get anywhere from 16 to 22 miles (the latter is if conditions are favorable, few hills, a tail wind), so just double that, give a conservative spin to it, call it 30 miles.

Most of my batteries are lifepo4 from pingbattery.com , and come with a bms and charger. Good batteries for safe charging and lower wattage bikes, like a 9C with stock 22 amp controller. 15 ah is the minimum size for them in my opinion, if you want max cycles.

For high amp hot rodding, I am learning to use lipo, which does not come with a bms. So you have to use voltage monitoring and some vigilance and self controll. Liop is great stuff, but one screw up is like throwing your wallet into a fire.

I can't answer about which motor, I have no experience with 20" wheels. Match the motor to the top speed you want, unless you have monster hills. If you have monster hills, then go with a 2806.

Yes, Lifepo4 needs a BMS, especially going to deep discharges. Also, you don't want an expensive battery mounted on a wobbly rear rack. I had one on a rear rack once, but never again unless batteries become really light. It's not a big deal while you're riding (unless it sways on a flimsy rack), but more when you are off the bike the bike requires much more attention when it's top heavy, especially at the extremity.

If its in a 20 inch wheel it should be extremely efficient and have alot of torque. 40m should be doable. At 48v in a 26 inch wheel i could do one mile using 0.5AH at top speed of 33mph. If you are limiting your self to 20mph i dont see why it couldnt be half that consumption in a 20inch wheel

Also according to the ebikes.ca simulator a 2805 in a 20 inch wheel is a better choice. You will have more torque at your target speed of 20mph. You will also have the capeability to go almost 25mph. If you choose a 2806 your top speed will be slower than your target speed and you have little to no torque. But it will be very efficient. The 2805 gives more torque at the same speed with a slightly higher consumption.

With my vpower 36v 20ah battery. I got 60 miles distance going about 14mph steady. Im 210 lbs.

My guess for you based on what your post I would say around 45 miles with no pedaling.

Back