The main reason I would need more power on the outside wheel in a turn is that I've found unless I reduce or cutoff power to the inside wheel, I cannot make a very tight turn at any speed--but if I do this, and engage the power to the outside wheel only, at just a bit into the turn, I can make a fairly tight turn at a fairly high speed (relative to the top speed of just under 20MPH), without tipping the trike.
If I don't depower the inside wheel until I am most of the way thru a turn, at least, it will push me into a wider turn, which means either:
--I have to slow down enough that a car behind me might clip me (some simply won't slow down for another vehicle that is turning out of their way, even though only a fraction ofa second might be lost by doing so, and in fact may gun their engines to go faster!). It's not that common an occurence, but it could happen at any time I'm on the road turning at an intersection.
--I will end up at the left part of the lane I'm turning into or even the right part of the next lane over, neither of which is a good thing.
--I'll tip the trike up on two wheels, with the potential for flipping it--which thankfully I've never done on this trike, but I did it more than once on it's predecessor, Delta Tipper...er...Tripper.
I don't know if it's adaptable to this purpose, but I have one of the version one STM32 Circle units, which I initially picked up at a seminar (shortly before I found ES, I think) to try to learn MCU programming and use it as the "brain" of a complete ebike control system (motor, bms, lights, turn signals, eabs, detecting gearshifts and braking and tilt (to turn off the motor past some loss-of-control point), etc).
But I am really not a programmer, and I guess I just don't think the right way to do that sort of thing; I never was able to learn the language. I did learn BASIC as a kid on VIC20 and Apple ][, and machine code at DeVry, but I was never very good at any of them despite being fairly creative at my applications, and ways of doing things in the programs, they didn't work very well and were huge and clunky at best.
I was never able to attract anyone interested in collaborating on the project either, though several said they wanted to, none ever got back with me or responded to any communications. I posted a thread about it on the Adafruit forums; it might still be there.
pokepokepeekpeek...yep, still there
Nowadays I'd have some different requirements for it, but I'd still like a lot of the features it would have had.