Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

General Discussion about electric bicycles.
User avatar
speedict   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 638
Joined: Jun 13 2011 11:34pm
Location: Hong Kong
Contact:

Re: Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

Post by speedict » Jun 30 2011 12:39pm

Webbo wrote:Deff needs to measure at least 100v. But very nice
someone used to measure 100v already !
Speedict Technology - Drive . The . Future http://www.speedict.com | http://www.facebook.com/speedict.technology

User avatar
number1cruncher   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 415
Joined: Sep 13 2009 1:52pm
Location: Alexandria, Virginia

Re: Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

Post by number1cruncher » Jun 30 2011 12:58pm

This sounds awesome! A controller that monitors each cell would be very useful and would cut out the need for a separate BMS during discharge. I guess I'll be getting an Android phone soon! :mrgreen:
Go to http://www.ebike.ca and buy stuff to support the rEVolution!

Electra Townie 700c Euro 8i - 20s2p Zippy LiPo - Rear 9c clone
Performance x201 - 18s2p - Rear 9c 8x8

All things lead to the path of least resistance.

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." ~Charleton Heston

User avatar
speedict   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 638
Joined: Jun 13 2011 11:34pm
Location: Hong Kong
Contact:

Re: Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

Post by speedict » Jun 30 2011 1:04pm

number1cruncher wrote:This sounds awesome! A controller that monitors each cell would be very useful and would cut out the need for a separate BMS during discharge. I guess I'll be getting an Android phone soon! :mrgreen:
BSM is on our project list
Speedict Technology - Drive . The . Future http://www.speedict.com | http://www.facebook.com/speedict.technology

User avatar
Bazaki   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 639
Joined: Dec 25 2009 6:29pm

Re: Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

Post by Bazaki » Jun 30 2011 3:35pm

People, the speedict does measure 100v now. :D

User avatar
speedict   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 638
Joined: Jun 13 2011 11:34pm
Location: Hong Kong
Contact:

Re: Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

Post by speedict » Jun 30 2011 8:38pm

Bazaki wrote:People, the speedict does measure 100v now. :D
bazaki, could you upload your crazy log and gps map here ? :D
Speedict Technology - Drive . The . Future http://www.speedict.com | http://www.facebook.com/speedict.technology

Kingfish   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4064
Joined: Feb 03 2010 11:23am
Location: Redmond, WA-USA, Earth, Sol, Orion–Cygnus Arm, Milky Way. Age: > yesterday < tomorrow
Contact:

Re: Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

Post by Kingfish » Jul 12 2011 9:51am

Greetings.

I am having an issue with installing the Windows Drivers for Win7 x64. I understand that there is only support for x86 at this time. Please let me know when you have a driver update. At this stage of the game, I have the device integrated into my system. Notes are as follows:
  • Attached two heat probes to external case of each controller about the midpoint of where the FETs are attached. I added additional heat shrink near the end of the probes to armor the termination, then added cable sheathing for additional protection where the wires pass through the articulated section of my full-suspension MtB. As an afterthought I realized that it would likely make more sense to insert the probes directly inside the controller, although that is more work than I can have time for this AM.
  • Speed Sensor is near the rim on the rear tire. The magnet assembly is not designed to handle my thick spokes and therefore was located near the rim about an inch away. The screw does not fully engage the threads if the spoke is too thick. Ref: http://www.wheelbuilder.com/store/single-butted-spokes/
  • When connecting the batteries to the controllers, I use a large 5W resistor to slow the current and reduce the spark which corrodes the contact points, shortening their lifespan, and inducing resistance. When I connected the device to the batteries the unit began to flash red/green alternately. I attached the large resistor on the opposite side between it and the controllers and waited a good 5 minutes before disconnecting and attaching the controllers directly; there was a large spark that followed, therefore I must conclude that resistor needs to be attached as
    Controller-Speedict-Resistor-Batteries to avoid the spark.
  • Is there a way to turn the device off? I fear extended connection may risk battery depletion unless there is a LV cutoff.
  • Without the x64 Windows Driver I am unable to complete the setup, and my Android cannot connect to the device.
We look forward to a solution.
Best regards, KF
* My 2WD Garden Wall
* Kinaye MotorSports
* Primary ride: 2WD Disc 9C 2806-equiv / Dual Lyen 12FET / 20S7P LiPo.
* Epics: Going to California: 2011 8)
* 50-mph, 101, 10k-Club. 12,527 miles-to-date, 7037 as 2WD.

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed.
The hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

User avatar
speedict   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 638
Joined: Jun 13 2011 11:34pm
Location: Hong Kong
Contact:

Re: Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

Post by speedict » Jul 12 2011 10:06am

Kingfish wrote:Greetings.

I am having an issue with installing the Windows Drivers for Win7 x64. I understand that there is only support for x86 at this time. Please let me know when you have a driver update. At this stage of the game, I have the device integrated into my system. Notes are as follows:
  • Attached two heat probes to external case of each controller about the midpoint of where the FETs are attached. I added additional heat shrink near the end of the probes to armor the termination, then added cable sheathing for additional protection where the wires pass through the articulated section of my full-suspension MtB. As an afterthought I realized that it would likely make more sense to insert the probes directly inside the controller, although that is more work than I can have time for this AM.
  • Speed Sensor is near the rim on the rear tire. The magnet assembly is not designed to handle my thick spokes and therefore was located near the rim about an inch away. The screw does not fully engage the threads if the spoke is too thick. Ref: http://www.wheelbuilder.com/store/single-butted-spokes/
  • When connecting the batteries to the controllers, I use a large 5W resistor to slow the current and reduce the spark which corrodes the contact points, shortening their lifespan, and inducing resistance. When I connected the device to the batteries the unit began to flash red/green alternately. I attached the large resistor on the opposite side between it and the controllers and waited a good 5 minutes before disconnecting and attaching the controllers directly; there was a large spark that followed, therefore I must conclude that resistor needs to be attached as
    Controller-Speedict-Resistor-Batteries to avoid the spark.
  • Is there a way to turn the device off? I fear extended connection may risk battery depletion unless there is a LV cutoff.
  • Without the x64 Windows Driver I am unable to complete the setup, and my Android cannot connect to the device.
We look forward to a solution.
Best regards, KF
1. yes the magnet is hard to fit in to 2.3 mm spoke, we are sourcing bigger magnet but still no luck !
2. for high voltage yes you can add resistor to it.
3. the only way to turn off the speedict ebike, you can either disconnect battery or add a switch on it, as we want to make speedict's size as small as possible therefore we didn't add power switch on it.
4. we have no plan to provide x64 bit driver as this moment. can you tell me why you cannot connect android ?

if there is any problem please send me back for replacement :)

cheers,

danny
Speedict Technology - Drive . The . Future http://www.speedict.com | http://www.facebook.com/speedict.technology

jonathanm   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 508
Joined: May 15 2011 2:17am

Re: Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

Post by jonathanm » Jul 12 2011 12:46pm

Here's an option if XP mode doesn't work - install Virtualbox or VMware player and install 32 bit XP in it......

Kingfish   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4064
Joined: Feb 03 2010 11:23am
Location: Redmond, WA-USA, Earth, Sol, Orion–Cygnus Arm, Milky Way. Age: > yesterday < tomorrow
Contact:

Re: Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

Post by Kingfish » Jul 12 2011 1:27pm

jonathanm wrote:Here's an option if XP mode doesn't work - install Virtualbox or VMware player and install 32 bit XP in it......
Yeah, I am going to try that in a bit :)

By hook or by crook, KF
* My 2WD Garden Wall
* Kinaye MotorSports
* Primary ride: 2WD Disc 9C 2806-equiv / Dual Lyen 12FET / 20S7P LiPo.
* Epics: Going to California: 2011 8)
* 50-mph, 101, 10k-Club. 12,527 miles-to-date, 7037 as 2WD.

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed.
The hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

User avatar
shinyballs   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 327
Joined: Sep 29 2007 2:43am
Location: Pacific NW

Re: Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

Post by shinyballs » Jul 18 2011 4:55am

Besides recording and displaying temperatures, what other temp related functions are there? Is there a min/max temperature setting, i.e. when reached can trigger an alarm and/or disconnect power? This is a good alternative if it can handle at least 120v.
Sale section etiquette, pls be courteous to other members, if you know of a better deal or do not agree with the sale price, do not shove links to similar products being sold by someone else in another member's post.. it's just not nice. If you suspect a scam pls FLAG the thread for moderation and it will be checked out... i know this is a tough one to call but put yourself in the seller's shoes and imagine how you would like it.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... 31&t=25446

User avatar
speedict   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 638
Joined: Jun 13 2011 11:34pm
Location: Hong Kong
Contact:

Re: Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

Post by speedict » Jul 18 2011 5:17am

shinyballs wrote:Besides recording and displaying temperatures, what other temp related functions are there? Is there a min/max temperature setting, i.e. when reached can trigger an alarm and/or disconnect power? This is a good alternative if it can handle at least 120v.
up to this moment our speedict ebike only display and record temperatures data, if want to control such as cut power, we need some intervention like "governor" feature we are going to provide as additional board for speedict ebike later ...
to handle 120v, please take a look of our ev solution attached, it can support whatever 500A 1000V ....
by the way, if we provide temperature alert feature such as we did for voltage high low alert, where you put your temperature sensor to ? to measure your speed controller or battery pack temperature ?
Attachments
ev project.png
ev project.png (103.3 KiB) Viewed 905 times
Speedict Technology - Drive . The . Future http://www.speedict.com | http://www.facebook.com/speedict.technology

User avatar
shinyballs   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 327
Joined: Sep 29 2007 2:43am
Location: Pacific NW

Re: Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

Post by shinyballs » Jul 18 2011 5:57am

First and foremost is to monitor temperature of the Motor and Controller. Battery cell temp monitoring is also important to insure usage is within its temperature operating range.
Sale section etiquette, pls be courteous to other members, if you know of a better deal or do not agree with the sale price, do not shove links to similar products being sold by someone else in another member's post.. it's just not nice. If you suspect a scam pls FLAG the thread for moderation and it will be checked out... i know this is a tough one to call but put yourself in the seller's shoes and imagine how you would like it.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... 31&t=25446

User avatar
speedict   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 638
Joined: Jun 13 2011 11:34pm
Location: Hong Kong
Contact:

Re: Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

Post by speedict » Jul 18 2011 6:09am

shinyballs wrote:First and foremost is to monitor temperature of the Motor and Controller. Battery cell temp monitoring is also important to insure usage is within its temperature operating range.
got it, will consider to add Temperature Alert feature on speedict android client :D
Speedict Technology - Drive . The . Future http://www.speedict.com | http://www.facebook.com/speedict.technology

gerrydesign   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 37
Joined: May 29 2011 10:34pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

Post by gerrydesign » Jul 23 2011 5:18pm

Just received my Speedict eBike. Newbie question: How and where do you connect the speed magnet sensor and the white/black/red wires with 3 pin female plug. On the device, i assume the battery is connected to INPUT and out goes to the controller.

Image
forever noob
Specialized Rockhopper
Xlyte HS3640
12 x 4110 MOSFET Extreme Modder Sensorless Controller LYEN Edition with custom 36-50 and 55-80 volt setting
http://www.gerrydesign.com

User avatar
speedict   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 638
Joined: Jun 13 2011 11:34pm
Location: Hong Kong
Contact:

Re: Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

Post by speedict » Jul 23 2011 9:14pm

gerrydesign wrote:Just received my Speedict eBike. Newbie question: How and where do you connect the speed magnet sensor and the white/black/red wires with 3 pin female plug. On the device, i assume the battery is connected to INPUT and out goes to the controller.

Image
hi gerrydesign,

please refer to user guide page 5 for wire connection and ebike application e.g. monitor power system or monitor battery charging etc., for speed sensor just install as typical bicycle speedometer :wink:
Speedict Technology - Drive . The . Future http://www.speedict.com | http://www.facebook.com/speedict.technology

User avatar
speedict   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 638
Joined: Jun 13 2011 11:34pm
Location: Hong Kong
Contact:

Re: Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

Post by speedict » Jul 23 2011 9:16pm

speedict wrote:
gerrydesign wrote:Just received my Speedict eBike. Newbie question: How and where do you connect the speed magnet sensor and the white/black/red wires with 3 pin female plug. On the device, i assume the battery is connected to INPUT and out goes to the controller.

Image
hi gerrydesign,

please refer to user guide page 5 for wire connection and ebike application e.g. monitor power system or monitor battery charging etc., for speed sensor just install as typical bicycle speedometer :wink:
Attachments
wire diagram.png
wire diagram.png (97.67 KiB) Viewed 2748 times
Speedict Technology - Drive . The . Future http://www.speedict.com | http://www.facebook.com/speedict.technology

User avatar
speedict   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 638
Joined: Jun 13 2011 11:34pm
Location: Hong Kong
Contact:

Re: Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

Post by speedict » Jul 23 2011 9:18pm

speedict wrote:
gerrydesign wrote:Just received my Speedict eBike. Newbie question: How and where do you connect the speed magnet sensor and the white/black/red wires with 3 pin female plug. On the device, i assume the battery is connected to INPUT and out goes to the controller.

Image
hi gerrydesign,

please refer to user guide page 5 for wire connection and ebike application e.g. monitor power system or monitor battery charging etc., for speed sensor just install as typical bicycle speedometer :wink:

speed sensor installation ...
Attachments
sensor 02.JPG
sensor 02.JPG (67.1 KiB) Viewed 2747 times
Speedict Technology - Drive . The . Future http://www.speedict.com | http://www.facebook.com/speedict.technology

gerrydesign   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 37
Joined: May 29 2011 10:34pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

Post by gerrydesign » Jul 24 2011 3:39pm

Thanks for the info. Just wanted to validate my connections.
  • So how far from the hub/center of the wheel should I mount the speedo sensors?
  • Where does the end of red/white/black wire go to?
  • I can connect any device like mobile phone, halogen light, etc... doesn't matter what voltage, on the output side as long as it's in the correct polarity, is that a correct assumption?
Sorry for the newbie questions, it's just it's too expensive to mess things up playing with electric current :)


see picture:
ebike.png
ebike.png (202.6 KiB) Viewed 2744 times
forever noob
Specialized Rockhopper
Xlyte HS3640
12 x 4110 MOSFET Extreme Modder Sensorless Controller LYEN Edition with custom 36-50 and 55-80 volt setting
http://www.gerrydesign.com

User avatar
speedict   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 638
Joined: Jun 13 2011 11:34pm
Location: Hong Kong
Contact:

Re: Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

Post by speedict » Jul 24 2011 8:17pm

gerrydesign wrote:Thanks for the info. Just wanted to validate my connections.
  • So how far from the hub/center of the wheel should I mount the speedo sensors?
  • Where does the end of red/white/black wire go to?
  • I can connect any device like mobile phone, halogen light, etc... doesn't matter what voltage, on the output side as long as it's in the correct polarity, is that a correct assumption?
Sorry for the newbie questions, it's just it's too expensive to mess things up playing with electric current :)


see picture:
ebike.png
yes both sensors connected correctly, don't worry the sensor pins' polarity, just make sure the both main input and output polarity are correct otherwise will damage speedict ebike, put your speed sensor as near as you can normally ~1cm as i said it is install as normal speedometer (because it is speedometer), should you have any queries, please don't hesitate to ask !

cheers,

danny
Speedict Technology - Drive . The . Future http://www.speedict.com | http://www.facebook.com/speedict.technology

gerrydesign   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 37
Joined: May 29 2011 10:34pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

Post by gerrydesign » Jul 28 2011 11:12pm

Tried connecting it via bluetooth...after waiting for 5+ minutes, still no connection. Any advice?
forever noob
Specialized Rockhopper
Xlyte HS3640
12 x 4110 MOSFET Extreme Modder Sensorless Controller LYEN Edition with custom 36-50 and 55-80 volt setting
http://www.gerrydesign.com

User avatar
speedict   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 638
Joined: Jun 13 2011 11:34pm
Location: Hong Kong
Contact:

Re: Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

Post by speedict » Jul 28 2011 11:22pm

gerrydesign wrote:Tried connecting it via bluetooth...after waiting for 5+ minutes, still no connection. Any advice?
1. can i have your phone model ?
2. did you pair you phone with speedict before
3. the green led is flash (before attempt to connect)
4. your android client version and speedict ebike firmware version

cheers,

danny
Speedict Technology - Drive . The . Future http://www.speedict.com | http://www.facebook.com/speedict.technology

gerrydesign   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 37
Joined: May 29 2011 10:34pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

Post by gerrydesign » Jul 28 2011 11:44pm

speedict wrote:
gerrydesign wrote:Tried connecting it via bluetooth...after waiting for 5+ minutes, still no connection. Any advice?
1. can i have your phone model ? Motorola Atrix
2. did you pair you phone with speedict before No
3. the green led is flash (before attempt to connect) Green and red light a flashing
4. your android client version and speedict ebike firmware version v.2

cheers,

danny

1. can i have your phone model ? Motorola Atrix
2. did you pair you phone with speedict before No
3. the green led is flash (before attempt to connect) Green and red light a flashing
4. your android client version and speedict ebike firmware version v.2
forever noob
Specialized Rockhopper
Xlyte HS3640
12 x 4110 MOSFET Extreme Modder Sensorless Controller LYEN Edition with custom 36-50 and 55-80 volt setting
http://www.gerrydesign.com

User avatar
speedict   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 638
Joined: Jun 13 2011 11:34pm
Location: Hong Kong
Contact:

Re: Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

Post by speedict » Jul 28 2011 11:51pm

gerrydesign wrote:
speedict wrote:
gerrydesign wrote:Tried connecting it via bluetooth...after waiting for 5+ minutes, still no connection. Any advice?
1. can i have your phone model ? Motorola Atrix
2. did you pair you phone with speedict before No
3. the green led is flash (before attempt to connect) Green and red light a flashing
4. your android client version and speedict ebike firmware version v.2

cheers,

danny

1. can i have your phone model ? Motorola Atrix
2. did you pair you phone with speedict before No
3. the green led is flash (before attempt to connect) Green and red light a flashing
4. your android client version and speedict ebike firmware version v.2

ok got it, can you pair speedict ebike first, the method to pair speedict ebike as you pair any earpiece, should you have any difficulty to pair device, please let me know.

cheers,

danny
Speedict Technology - Drive . The . Future http://www.speedict.com | http://www.facebook.com/speedict.technology

User avatar
speedict   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 638
Joined: Jun 13 2011 11:34pm
Location: Hong Kong
Contact:

Re: Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

Post by speedict » Jul 29 2011 3:18am

hi gerrydesign,


herewith the android bluetooth pairing procedures, good luck !

cheers,

danny
Attachments
android client bluetooth pairing.pdf
Android Client Bluetooth Pairing Procedure
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 199 times
Speedict Technology - Drive . The . Future http://www.speedict.com | http://www.facebook.com/speedict.technology

gerrydesign   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 37
Joined: May 29 2011 10:34pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

Post by gerrydesign » Aug 09 2011 8:34pm

I got it to pair. It's five zeros"00000". I was putting in four zeros :(

Now that it's paired, is there anything I need to do to make it work? Live view currently is not showing anything, just 00. Thanks in advance...
forever noob
Specialized Rockhopper
Xlyte HS3640
12 x 4110 MOSFET Extreme Modder Sensorless Controller LYEN Edition with custom 36-50 and 55-80 volt setting
http://www.gerrydesign.com

Post Reply