Non rechargeable battery electric bike

Doctorbass

100 GW
:lol: :mrgreen:

I just wanted to see how many are curious to see that crazy idea... :wink:

Doc

Hey Doc! Do you mean those old Polaroid (sp?) salt /air batteries?
otherDoc

Been drinking and posting on ES Doc? :)

Kevorkicycle: no reason to get sweaty when your riding off a cliff.

Redneck Cold Fusion!

340x_cold_fusion_naudin.jpg

(Don't be fooled by all those new-fangled wires and such peek'n out of that there mug of beer!) :p :mrgreen:

maybe bic lighter company can make a plastic disposable ebike 1.29.run across town turn on the melting diode and it disenagrates :? .

How about a Hafnium battery? One that you only have to charge every 2 months. One that you charge by irradiating it with a low level Dentistry type Xray machine or just ride it thru a TSA full body scanner. :D

Human charged, battery assist?
- Dynamo charger
- Regen braking
- Exercise bike stand for the garage
- Solar panel, trickle charger
Charge the bike on the downhills, use the battery on the uphills. Get your partner to do exercise training on the bike when it's at home. Keep the battery topped up with a solar trickle charger on the garage roof.

I guess zero electrical input from the grid wasn't quite what the OP had in mind.

Drunkskunk said:
Doctorbass said:
:lol: :mrgreen:

I just wanted to see how many are curious to see that crazy idea... :wink:

Doc

Brilliant! If it ran on 200 AA disposable batteries, it would probably sell much better in America. American consumers like disposable things. :D

:lol: Unfortunatly .. i think it is true... :(

Doc

Drunkskunk said:
Brilliant! If it ran on 200 AA disposable batteries, it would probably sell much better in America. American consumers like disposable things. :D

Or use a cheap rechargeable battery, but make it impossible to change..so when it dies in a year you have to replace it with the latest model. Then make it really shiny and have just one button..if history has taught us anything it's that people are suckers for shiny. :roll:

More seriously, I think this might happen some day. Imagine a revolutionary battery chemistry that would last for 100,000Km or more, cars and other EV could be sold with long term energy supply included. There is so much yet to be invented in that domain.

MadRhino said:
More seriously, I think this might happen some day. Imagine a revolutionary battery chemistry that would last for 100,000Km or more, cars and other EV could be sold with long term energy supply included. There is so much yet to be invented in that domain.
Could use a nuclear battery :shock:

maydaverave said:
MadRhino said:
On a bike, I would fear for my balls to be eradicated! Oops, irradiated! :mrgreen:

maydaverave said:
MadRhino said:
I think that's about the only thing that would be able to do that...even for an ebike, 100,000km would require an absurd amount of stored power (let alone for a car). I'm not sure I would trust that much power sitting near me in any form, tbh. For a car, using 75% of White Zombie's power usage (about 200Wh/mi) as a guesstimate, let's say 150Wh/mi, times 62,000 mi (about 100,000 km) is 9.3MWh! :shock: For context, each one of A123's grid stabilisation units (a shipping container full of their prismatic cells) is only 2MWh. Setting aside, for the moment, the massive advances that would be necessary to achieve such a ridiculous power density, I don't think I would really trust having that amount of stored power sitting in my car. It's one thing to have something like that sitting in a stable concrete bunker under my house (not that I do, but it's an interesting proposal), but it's something else entirely to have something like that in a vehicle that is consistently travelling around on highways at 80mph (er...I mean 65..right.. :roll: ) with other vehicles going similar speeds that might at any time crash into each other or me.

Sounds great! You can by a 100-mile bike if you have a short commute, a 1000-mile bike for everyday use, a 50,000 mile bike, or even a short-distance "disposable" bike for vacation (think disposable cameras) and never have to worry about chargers/explosions again. Just swap out the trailer you've hooked behind when you have run out of juice. Those "heavy-duty" cells are a lot lighter than SLA, and more environmentally friendly than Li, Co, Ni, Cd, etc. when you throw them away (everyone knows that 99% of Americans, anyway, just throw their used batteries in the trash, instead of recycling them). You can convert from one size of bike to another just by getting a different-sized trailer (from grocery-bag size to 40-foot semi-type trailers), or those with a need for speed can hitch two trailers in series (although some states may not allow two 40-foot trailers in series on the roads, check your local ordinances).

But there'll still be room for hobbyists, I can see people opening their trailers with can openers, hacksaws, or cutting torches, and ducktaping together 25,000 Walgreen batteries they got on sale at Xmas in custom serial/parallel packages or opening the batteries themselves to replace the manganese dioxide paste electrolyte with better-conducting stuff in order to get a higher C-rating for the jump off the light/starting gun.

And Hal can have his lemons http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23321&p=339349#p339349.

Cameron

MadRhino said:
maydaverave said:
MadRhino said:
On a bike, I would fear for my balls to be eradicated! Oops, irradiated! :mrgreen:
Here is your nuclear battery. Hafnium 178m2 look at the picture middle right and read caption http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Induced_gamma_emission IGE or Induced Gamma Emission. If you don't already have the kids you want, you might want to invest in a LLBH or Lead Lined Banana Hammock.

Back