Maxxis Hookworm tire clearance

davy1010

100 mW
I'm riding a bike with v-brakes, can someone who owns maxxis hookworms 2.5 tires tell me how much tire clearance I need width and height (inches or cm)?

So I can check if it will fit.

Thanks

Drunkskunk said:
Depends on the rim width, but they're pretty serious about them being 2.5". Mine, on MTX 33 rims are 2.5" wide.

So I would need 2.5 inches plus the thickness of both pads (to clear as they wear) plus a quarter inch to clear mud, leaves, or anything else that might stick to the sidewalls.

Thanks, what about the height?

davy1010 said:
Drunkskunk said:
Depends on the rim width, but they're pretty serious about them being 2.5". Mine, on MTX 33 rims are 2.5" wide.

So I would need 2.5 inches plus the thickness of both pads (to clear as they wear) plus a quarter inch to clear mud, leaves, or anything else that might stick to the sidewalls.

Fairly light, considering they're made of bullet proof armor, Lead, and battleship hulls. Seriously, if weight is a factor, consider something lighter, like solid concrete.
1250 grams for the 3 ply Kevlar version. No other version is worth the effort. They are heavy even by DH tire standards. And they work best when using an extra heavy DH tube. I've ridden 5000 miles without a flat, after riding often through thorn patches, broken glass, roofing nails, and once or twice, the hot coals of a bonfire.

davy1010 said:
Drunkskunk said:

24" rims should reign in below 25", and 26" rims are closer to 27.5". I have both sets. The 26" rims will be tight; I will have to do something different for fenders if I go that route after the winter thaw (presently running Marathon Winters).

Deflated somewhat, KF :)

Back