11000 watts/60 mph bike on ebay

stevebills

100 W
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/High-Performance-Electric-Bike-11000Watts-48v-300A-/110641586050?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item19c2c09f82

Hes a member here on ES

KiM

Lol, 9.2ah on a 300a controller.

Good for drag racing i suppose :)

stevebills said:
AussieJester said:
Hes a member here on ES

KiM

I just noticed that from another post and this thing looks very scary!

If by 'scary' you mean dangerous then yes i agree, cheap mountain bike + heavy etek + rim brakes= dangerous
Used to have lead acid batteries on prior to the A123's IIRC :shock:

KiM

neptronix said:
Lol, 9.2ah on a 300a controller.

Good for drag racing i suppose :)

This is the clown that stole the videos from Method's bike builds, Dr.Bass's bike builds, and showed pictures of that stupid bike with a battery in the front wheel and pretended they were his 2wd bike builds... And was selling it as a kit, yet had never built one himself yet, and didn't even bother to read the various 2wd bike build threads (that he was stealing the pics from) to understand the ground-loop related control issues.

100% ass-clown.

For $3650, it sure looks sloppy.

Cameron

Selling a bike like that for UK roads is just going to get the Police to clamp down on them. It's a bit bloody dangerous having a frame that will not stand up to those speeds....and V Brakes...I mean WTF! Maybe I should use my shoes to help me break from 60mph with hardly any suspension/skinny mountain bike tires/flimsy frame and all that weight.

Someone will hurt themselves if thy buy this without knowing how to ride, strip all the parts off and put them in a decent frame.

30mph is one thing for commuting but this abomination will kill someone.

But yes...if asked...I would ride this to work lol

Spacey said:
Selling a bike like that for UK roads is just going to get the Police to clamp down on them. It's a bit bloody dangerous having a frame that will not stand up to those speeds....and V Brakes...I mean WTF! Maybe I should use my shoes to help me break from 60mph with hardly any suspension/skinny mountain bike tires/flimsy frame and all that weight.

Someone will hurt themselves if thy buy this without knowing how to ride, strip all the parts off and put them in a decent frame.

30mph is one thing for commuting but this abomination will kill someone.

But yes...if asked...I would ride this to work lol

You guys are confusing this bike for something that works. There is no danger. For there to be danger, you have to stay together long enough to get up to a dangerous speed.

Notwithstanding all the things that are potentially iffy about this bike and the character that's put it together, the single most hilarious thing is to see the stir it's caused over on the UK Pedelecs forum.

Watching the holier-than-thou crowd condemn this bike, when large numbers of them are riding ebikes that don't comply with UK law, is laughable (and if anyone thinks I'm making this up, then just do some very simple power measurements on UK ebikes - the vast majority exceed the 250W legal limit by a fairly hefty margin).

There are folk on that forum happily riding bikes with 15A (or more), 36V controllers who seem to think that their ebikes magically "lose" far more than half their battery power as heat, rather than motive power. Joke, or what? Maybe someone needs to tell these folk that the most optimistic interpretation of UK law *might* just possibly, allow them around 9A or 10A from a 36V supply (even that's pushing it, in terms of the allowance for losses that might be considered *reasonable*) and that riding around with a 15A controller current limit is just outrageously illegal................

Jeremy

+1 he is member in ES, Have you see his youtube video? and His MTB is ridiculous FAST!!!!!!

His ES name novembersierra28, Check his youtube :shock: f=2&t=15704

I hear what you are saying totally.... but there are different levels of taking the piss lol....it's one thing to have a fast bike, it's another to have a silly fast one so badly built.....

But what really takes the piss is someone selling a bike like this on ebay to the public. If the person who buys it has an accident or dies it would make the news which would cause a crack down from the Police.

My girlfriends bike has a little geared motor with a 36V 12Ah Pack and 350W controller, but on the flat it barely uses 200Watts and a lot of the time uses 150W on the flat. But on the hills and stop starts it does peak at 350 to 400Watts. The engine does cut out at 15mph as I wanted this bike to be legal.

Jeremy Harris said:
Notwithstanding all the things that are potentially iffy about this bike and the character that's put it together, the single most hilarious thing is to see the stir it's caused over on the UK Pedelecs forum.

Watching the holier-than-thou crowd condemn this bike, when large numbers of them are riding ebikes that don't comply with UK law, is laughable (and if anyone thinks I'm making this up, then just do some very simple power measurements on UK ebikes - the vast majority exceed the 250W legal limit by a fairly hefty margin).

There are folk on that forum happily riding bikes with 15A (or more), 36V controllers who seem to think that their ebikes magically "lose" far more than half their battery power as heat, rather than motive power. Joke, or what? Maybe someone needs to tell these folk that the most optimistic interpretation of UK law *might* just possibly, allow them around 9A or 10A from a 36V supply (even that's pushing it, in terms of the allowance for losses that might be considered *reasonable*) and that riding around with a 15A controller current limit is just outrageously illegal................

Jeremy

Whilst having a chuckle at the UK forum was one thing, it now seems that the author of this thread, stevebills (who I don't know from Adam) has decided to cut-n-paste my post from here over there with an added bit of offensive personal abuse and libel aimed at me. I have absolutely no objection to the cut-n-paste at all, if I could be bothered to go head to head with some of those with selectively blinkered views as to what is and isn't legal I'd have posted it over there myself (I've been a member of that forum for a while longer than this one, as it happens).

What I do object to is that stevebills, who is clearly a nasty piece of work, added this text to the "quote" from here and giving the appearance that he was quoting, rather than being deliberately offensive: "MR JEREMY HARRIS NO IT ALL WHO LICKS BUMS ON ENDLESS ! " Quite apart from anything else, it's demonstrably untrue and potentially damaging to my character (and so is technically libel) but this is mitigated by the fact that stevebills is apparently incapable of spelling...........

I've reported him to the Pedelecs moderator and asked for action to be taken. What I would like to know is what on earth it is that I've said here that's caused stevebills to be so personally offensive. Give me a clue, stevebills, before you go on my "ignore" list?

Jeremy

TylerDurden said:
Maybe stevebills is a lifebatttech marketer, or looking to be one... his intellect fits.

:D Tempting as it is to add to that, I'll refrain.

I'd still like to know quite what it is that I've done to offend this relatively new member here to the extent that he decided that having a personal pop at me on another forum was warranted. Nowt so queer as folk, as they say up North, here.

Jeremy

Considering stevebills posted the auction link without comment or question, I'd say he's a shill for the seller and predisposed to slag-off on any folks who outed novembersierra28 as the ripoff he is.

Jeremy Harris said:
Whilst having a chuckle at the UK forum was one thing, it now seems that the author of this thread, stevebills (who I don't know from Adam) has decided to cut-n-paste my post from here over there with an added bit of offensive personal abuse and libel aimed at me. I have absolutely no objection to the cut-n-paste at all, if I could be bothered to go head to head with some of those with selectively blinkered views as to what is and isn't legal I'd have posted it over there myself (I've been a member of that forum for a while longer than this one, as it happens).

What I do object to is that stevebills, who is clearly a nasty piece of work, added this text to the "quote" from here and giving the appearance that he was quoting, rather than being deliberately offensive: "MR JEREMY HARRIS NO IT ALL WHO LICKS BUMS ON ENDLESS ! " Quite apart from anything else, it's demonstrably untrue and potentially damaging to my character (and so is technically libel) but this is mitigated by the fact that stevebills is apparently incapable of spelling...........

I've reported him to the Pedelecs moderator and asked for action to be taken. What I would like to know is what on earth it is that I've said here that's caused stevebills to be so personally offensive. Give me a clue, stevebills, before you go on my "ignore" list?

Jeremy

its was a giggle nothing more
I apologise that I upset you so much!

stevebills said:
Here's a giggle for you stevebills,

If you would like to get off the ES-shitlist, put "OFFICIAL ES BUM-LICKER" in your sig file.

stevebills said:

Sorry, I fail to see how publishing a libellous comment that's very clearly a direct personal insult could be construed as "a giggle". You know that you were being deliberately and personally offensive as well as I (and everyone else around the world that's read your comment).

A giggle is something light-hearted and humorous, not a reference to a bizarre and offensive sexual act supposedly performed by myself on others.

Jeremy

Back