New E-bike Discussion Forum

ebikehub

1 mW
Hey, I just put this new site together

http://www.ebikehub.com

It looks like this forum is already going pretty well here, I wish I knew it was here when I was building my e-bike. Anyway, if you want to stop by and post some, feel free, the more the merrier, I'm trying to defragment/distill all of the info available on e-bikes on the net into one site. There are links to this forum, V is for voltage, battery space, the yahoo forum and others there so people can find everything in on place. It's in its very early stages but I hope once it gets going it will be a good resource for people with e-bikes. I'm not a dealer, just an enthusiast. There are some dealer links I put on the site just because they have good info in them and because people want to know what is out there. Thanks for reading my post!

Hello ebikehub

good luck with your forum!

Where do you live?... can you give us some info about you and your ebike?

Doc

Heres the skinny, I'm a cancer patient, had to have a lung removed because of metastasis of malignant melanoma >2yrs ago. I have a wilderness energy 600W brushless kit on my 15 year old Iron Horse MT400 bike. Love it. I can ride uphills better than when I used to ride my bike to work in Highschool. These things are great. Thanks to everyone who stopped by the site. I have 2 new reviews already on other products. I'm hoping this site makes it easy for someone in my shoes to make a decison on an E-bike. I found it to be a real pain in the but when I was researching products. The info on the internet is VERY disorganized. I wish I'd seen this site when I was looking, people here seem to know what is going on.

Welcome, and good luck.

I wish you strenght in your battle.

This is just a begining wait till oil hits $100 barrel xlyte is gonna be hard to get a hold of then for sure. so sites like yours are going to be great for newbies that do'nt want to search too much.

BTW:
Doc I read today that %50 people in Quebec have a hider on the side!

The most in the country God bless Quebec

That's great

efreak

You know that Endless-Sphere burst into existence after the old V is for Voltage site got hacked and could no longer function. The survival of an online electric bike knowledgebase was given to Endless-Sphere and they've done a good job of handling it. (in my opinion)

It's good to know that there are options... 8)

Welcome aboard!

Feel free to post links to relevant topics. At time goes on, these forums sort of evolve.

One idea would be if you found stuff here or on the VoltageForum, you could "sift out" the good stuff and have links to it on your site. With over 32,000 posts here, it can be difficult to find old-but-good stuff.

More organization would be helpful. It is certainly challenging for newbies to find useful information on the web.

If you get some good stuff posted over on your site, I'd gladly post links to it here. We could especially use some newbie friendly stuff.

Developing a synergistic relationship would benefit both sites and ultimately help the EV movement.

thanks for all of the friendly comments. Since I put a link to endless sphere on ebikehub, there have been 30 views of the link to this site. It seems endless-sphere is very popular. I definitely wish to continue a synergistic relationship.

I wish to offer hope and prayers for your continued recovery from the dreaded big C. My bride suffered cervical cancer 43 years ago and despite experimental cobalt, thirteen major surgeries, an ileoconduit, a husband like me and 40 years of trying to explain to doctors why she can't have any more x rays, she's doing great.

Mike

Hey, if you have a good story, feel free to post it here.

http://www.ebikehub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=10

I am trying to get a collection of high mileage e-bike stories together in one place for people to see how diferent e-bikes compare.
the idea behind it is similar to the highmileage club seen on the hondabeat website. I'd kind of like to see which bikes/kits seem to keep going and going.

Thank you if you post, feel free to add pictures and info.
(this site was designed to get newbie ebikers information about available ebikes)
We have a direct link to endless sphere which has been clicked over 100 times as to allow people to visit this site for information I think it has the most useful info.(you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find the endless sphere site on the internet)

I also have a collection of latest ebike news stories that I'm building, its updated daily, if you know of any other stories or would like to post a link to your e-bike blog, new dealership etc. Please do.

http://www.ebikehub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5

It's not as bad as all that, this isn't like NBC & ABC.

Can't speak for the moderators of course but the ebike community is so tiny we can't afford to circle the wagons to protect some miniscule spot of virtual turf.
I applaud anyone that is willing to put in the effort to setup a forum & keep it alive cuz the enthusiasm dwindles pretty quick once the novelty wears off.
There's been lotsa posts here linking to other forums & I often recognize some new topics that were imported uncredited from other boards & vice versa.
And that's great, the more eyes & ears open the better to keep things interesting & informed.

The idea of creating a "forum" that contains nothing but links from other sites, is not going to live very long. I checked it out, it is rather annoying at best, navigating the different "threads". You would be better off making up a home page, that lists news articles, posting a small picture you copy and paste from the source, give your summary of the article and (giving credit to the source of course and a link back) put your spin on it. Then leave a spot for "reactions". You could then declare yourself a clearing house of EV news stories I suppose a one stop place to get the latest on EV news. The borders of course will be filled with google ads etc to pay for the bandwidth. This is what a lot of "news" sites do e.g. I4U, engadget, News@Digilife, etc. and are quite successful. If you could get some sponsors and then glean some products for review, then all the better!

The only way a true forum can survive, is by having resident experts that can give insight and help, to those that need it. Soon a community grows and people start having fun experimenting and learning off one another trying new ideas etc. I can't see a community growing out of this concept of posting links to other sites.

Oh boy,
No I'm not hitting on your girl. This is my first start at forming a forum. If you look at the link section it has over 100 clicks on my site to get to endless sphere.com.(in about a month) Unless somebody told me about this site, it doesn't just pop up in a google search I would never have found it. If you just started out getting an e-bike, it is pretty hard to find sources of information/dealers/manufacturers in one spot. The goal of the site wasn't necessarily to create a giant forum with tons of users who post regularly, I don't have time to monitor all of that. I do like the idea of high mileage stories though, as well as regular news stories to see what is new. I also have links to a bunch of other e-bike sites where there are discussion forums etc. I'm hoping the website makes it easy for someone off of the street to get info on e-bikes. Whether you realize it or not, Endless sphere is pretty advanced for someone without a lot of technical knowledge, thats why I created this site. I added links to this site and others for people who want more than just basic info. I think they are better off finding their way here and discussing things as there are more experts. So to be honest, I think given the size and numbers of regular posters in this forum, you guys are pretty safe. If you want to post the news thread and high mileage thread here go ahead, I just like those stories, so I'd be happy to see them thats why I created the category. I read the hondabeat high mileage club regularly. I'm kind of interested in what types of e-bikes get the most miles. If a moderator is upset about my posts please delete them. I wasn't trying to steal your girl.

ebikehub said:
Oh boy,
No I'm not hitting on your girl. This is my first start at forming a forum....

You started back in October of last year and even stated that you were busy putting together a site with new links. You asked others here for help getting links together and other than that, this was the only post asking for others to come read. I wouldn't consider it bad or even spam since this is the only topic for it. I don't have a problem with someone putting up a shout out for their forum or site here, as long as it doesn't get out of control. Putting up a topic is every single forum that says the same thing would be out of control for us. But we aren't jealous here, spread the love. :shock:

Our main concern has been bots, or business trying to use this area of cyberspace for advertising. That's why we have a buying and selling area to help contain that so that it doesn't clog up the other forum areas that people use.

So rest assured, you've done nothing wrong here in trying to spread out the information about e-bikes and e-vehicles.

Thanks a lot, Sorry if I caused trouble. I'm justing doing this for fun/as a hobby. Not looking for any trouble. I won't take it personal if you want to can this post.

ebikehub said:
Thanks a lot, Sorry if I caused trouble. I'm justing doing this for fun/as a hobby. Not looking for any trouble. I won't take it personal if you want to can this post.
Don't worry, anyone could have said the same thing about me when the Vforvoltage forum was hacked and I was posting up "come to this forum if you like it" :mrgreen:

This forum is good because we do get a little cross pollination from other areas like electric motorcycles and scooters. However, to have a forum dedicated to just electric bicycles is a good idea too. It might be a little early though... things are still new enough that having a more diverse forum is probably better right now.

:arrow: Besides... I think it's mostly force of habit to be here right now.

I wonder whatever happened to "Happy Hobit" from the old Voltage Forum?

That's one person that seems to have fallen away never to be seen again. :(

He and Fechter were the electrical "guru's" at the old forum...

The format you are using for your forum looks more like a blog .... you make a post about e-bikes, and maybe get a few replies from other folks.

Maybe you should consider starting an e-bike blog instead? A blog would be more compatible with your news format than forum software.

Just my $0.02.

http://www.ebikehub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=256

I like this bike. Anybody know if that is the stokemonkey set up or something similar?

If you're really curious, why not re-post your original post here, rather than chumming people to your site? Or at least dircet people to the release you linked-to. One search on stokemonkey would tell you. I suggest you not post like this again.

For the folks here, this is the post as shown at the ebikeflub site:

http://gadgetnewtech.com/2008/02/14/panasonic-titanium-flat-road-eb/

Panasonic’s Titanium Flat Road EB is one racing-type electric bicycle that helps you amble along with the power of electricity. A full charge provides up to 10km of range within thirty minutes. In addition, Panasonic has thrown in SLIM (Smart Lithium-Ion Integrated Management System) on this bike, where SLIM is a small computer that tells you just how much juice your bike has and the battery level. Talk about exercising without having to actually pedal.

Attachments

• panasoniceb.jpg
    panasoniceb.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 2,453
ebikehub said:
Anybody know if that is the stokemonkey set up or something similar?
It doesnt look anything like the Stokemonkey set up.

From the photo it looks more like a Cyclone type of setup, but it is hard to tell with the chain covers on covering up all of the interesting stuff.

Bet they're in the 16Kg range.

more pix here:
http://www.akihabaranews.com/en/news-15507-Titanium+Flat+Road+EB%3A++The+New+Electric+Bike+from+Panasonic.html

Attachments

• panasoniceb1.jpg
    panasoniceb1.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 1,544
Back