A BUSETTII 86 MILE RANGE

Malachy

1 µW
Anyone have a review on these bikes. Some impressive stats for the price. Not much info on components used on their website.

The technical name is Magnesium Phosphate strip cell soft pack Lithium Ion.
This is a big leap forward because it holds 30% more power per pound than common
Li-on batteries. It also does not heat up while charging or using. It can last
400-500% longer than other Li-on brands and this allows us to give a 3 year 2000
charge FULL REPLACEMENT WARRANTY on the battery and motor.

Normal Li--ion batteries have a 50% safety shut off setting so you are not
allowed to use the other half of the stored charge. This is to avoid damage to
the battery caused by heat and low voltage. BYI soft pack strip cell
technology solves this problem by not having any metal structure inside the
battery which allows BYI to use 95% of all power in the battery every time.

What's the matter Ypedal. You don't believe in the tooth fairy?
otherDoc

old batt tech.

http://www.valence.com/energy-storage/xp-12v-19v-lithium-phosphate-battery-module

Not a bad warranty, but pretty sketchy on details. I bet I could have made my 9AH 53V Dewalt pack go 100 miles + IF I went 6 MPH with pedaling!? That's like saying I can ride my E-bike as far as I can pedal. :roll: :lol:

What about speed of the bike for the 86 miles? "Worm drive" says nothing to me, how about some real details on the motor? Boostjuice could give this bike a serious run for it's money, I'd bet his transmission is a ton more efficient. :twisted:

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ShowAllQuestions&ShowASQAlways=1&frm=284&iid=270708997710&ssPageName=PageAskSellerQuestion_VI&redirect=0&requested=greypz

Q: Questions: Where is the bike made, assembled? I am 6 ft, 240 lbs--will this bike fit me? 60-85 miles per charge is difficult to believe, Are these numbers accurate? No other ebike even comes close to this. How much assembly is required? Your ad says the bike has a built in cruise control--how does the cruise control work? How long does it take for a full battery charge? Does the bike come with a battery meter, pedal assist mode(s) keyed ignition? What is that black box on the rear fender? Is it removable? Thank you. Feb-21-11

A: Frame is made in china, the hardware which is the battery/controls/motor are made from parts from germany and assembled here in the USA. This Bike can hold your weight with a little more. Busettii main feature is its battery, compare our bike to other high end company and you will see the stats are similiar, we have a strip cell super lithium battery that has a higher output than what the motor needs for an input, resulting in a more sufficient use of the battery. Bikes already come pre-assembled minus the pedals, to ensure the customer does not have a hard time. Cruise control is like any other, just hold the throttle for 6 seconds and it will lock on that speed until you use the throttle again. Battery takes about 3 hours to fully charge, It is recommended to charge for 5 hours when you first charge it. Comes with a battery meter with 4 different charge levels. pedal assist mode is included, A key is required to start the motor. The box is removable, its purpose is to add an additional battery pack to boost even more miles to your trip, an additional battery would be 350$ on top of this price. The bike will come with a manual which will answer most of these question and more. Thank you for your interest and i hope to hear from you soon!

jmygann said:
Normal Li--ion batteries have a 50% safety shut off setting so you are not
allowed to use the other half of the stored charge. This is to avoid damage to
the battery caused by heat and low voltage. BYI soft pack strip cell
technology solves this problem by not having any metal structure inside the
battery which allows BYI to use 95% of all power in the battery every time.

What a load of old cobblers! Never have I heard such blatant BS. Pretty much every lithium chemistry secondary cell will work just fine at 95% of capacity, although better life will be obtained by limiting regular discharge to around 80%. 50% is the sort of figure you can expect from good old ancient lead acid batteries - we've come on a long, long way since then.

Jeremy

Also operating under business E-Power Vehicles. Checked the address and basically tire/smog shops intersection of Sunset and North Hobart.

I'm okay with somebody promoting their wares with a bit of fluffing but this stuff is just sad:

"These top class bikes even ride great with no Battery power."

"New Super Duty Green Machine 700 lbs. loading Max,  2 riders, Soft Pack BYI Super Lithium Battery Rides 45--50 miles per charge & 70 minute high speed charger.  Full Drum brakes and heavy duty motorcycle parts all around."

Heavy duty motorcycle parts (plural) = the mirrors. :wink:

You're paying for the warranty in an inflated price and then hoping this place will be still be around should you need to make a claim. Range claims are believable @10 MPH without headwind.

When climbing big or steep hills the computer sensor will ramp up the torque 400% higher and pull even the biggest riders quickly up the biggest of slopes.
The computer sensor = the mode switch which is digitally operated by your finger.

And finally, using texting abbreviations in ad copy?
However, if you choose to pedal the e-bike you will be extending the range of the battery by generating power and adding distance per charge 4 e-bike.

Our retail and wholesale prices 4 e-bikes and electric bikes are Best in USA Market but we have over DOUBLE the power, long range, and longer warranty coverage than other electric bike brands.

Here is a review from electricbikereview.com.
http://electricbikereport.com/electric-bike-review-busettii-big-50-part-1/

Not half bad for a slightly value-add chinese rebadgy kinda thing... I want to see the real specs on the batt. 700 wh and 60 miles seems like you'd have to be pedaling quite a bit... A no-pedal range would be better. The 2000 recharge cycles is highly suspect.

The website if rather confusing?? Is the Busettii Big 50 hub powered or bracket mounted powered? If hub powered, geared or gearless? Wattage??? The Busetti Vortex looks like it's bracket mounted powered but the website is confusing. Usually bracket mounted bikes have more torque but the Big 50 is reported to have higher torque? Oh and what is a quad torque motor? Peddling regenerates power??? How does it regenerate power if it is a geared motor? I have to be honest, even though the bikes look good the website is poorly layed out and lacks real specifics.

I wanna believe, I really do... Video says it's a world record holder for range! Of course, not surprisingly, no details about the feat or even the sanctioning body that officiated the record attempt.

Vortex photos look like 1" steerer, non-sus, V brakes - very confusing....

Here is the reply from the owner. " Busettii's highest torque bike is the BIG 50 MIle Cruiser and it comes with a 6 speed geared brushless hub motor. Busettii motors are not like other brands. We make all our own batteries and motors. This bike has a 600 watt Dynamic range motor which means it can Torque UP to 1500 watts max power (even though it could handle 1800 watts if we wanted) and still is not running at its limit (running at the limit wastes a lot of power and produces heat). THe motor has a built in HILL sensor so that you can use the higher torque only on hills. when you get off the hill or coming down it will switch back to 600 watt mode. Also this motor has almost zero drag when coasting or pedaling as a bike. When on a hill or slope this bike produces about 300% more torque than a normal 600 watt hub motor.

It will take you up any slope very quickly (up to 23 degree slope).
The motor will not burn out (1800 watts limited down to 1500 watts to prevent burnout) Also check our web site at www.busettii.com !"

Looks like some good bikes to me. Cut all range claims in half, or more, per ususal procedure. Don't let the ad copy doofus put you off the bikes, they look great, and the price is not really so bad if they do come with some shop sevice avaliable and are tested for QC before reselling.

48v 13 ah will take you a few miles less than my 48v 15 ah ping at 20 mph. No magic motor is going to rewrite the laws of physics and get you that much better range. Who cares how far you can pedal a heavy ebike with the motor off? My personal best with minimal pedaling at 20 mph is around 27 miles. So the cut the claimed range in half rule of thumb seems about right for this bike. A really aero bike like a recumbent could have much better range, but not an ordinary upright frame.

1500 watts going up a hill in a gearmotor will do the trick. But again, the ad doofus, Any decent dd hub with 800 watts going in easily climbs 10%. It is true, that 300 watt bikes struggle, but I've climbed 13% with a 300 w gearmotor.

I double dog dare them to come climb my test hill on a 110F day. If it passes, then they can claim the motor won't burn out. Should be easy, the hill is only 7% for a few miles.

Still looks like decent bikes to me, and less than 2 grand. Be interesting to see them take on the optibike on Pikes peak.

Show me this so called world record range, and I will destroy it by a factor of 3. It's interested that they make their own batteries and motors, considering that they are clearly rebadged chinese designed products. I give them credit for cutting through all of the red tape and QC to get a product to America, but thats it.

Business must be good as "reported" here - http://www.beverlyhillstimesmagazine.com/2011/03/14/out-about-with-cassandra-bellantoni/

"Busettii Bikes is adding a second location in Beverly Hills, just south of The Beverly Center, to sell their amazing electric bikes. These fun bikes are really comfortable and can go 60 miles on a charge whether you pedal or not."

"The owner, Alan Partee told me he has invented the longest-lasting battery in the U.S. after living in Asia for many years."

Wow - in addition to incredible salesmanship a revolutionary inventor! Who'd 'thunk???

Can we all just agree to never use the word invented again, unless one of the following circumstances arises, and a single person comes up with the design:
1. Teleportation
2. Time travel
3. World-food producing machine
4. No-fat no-carb spicy chicken sandwiches

I will consider adding up to 3 more entries, but there just aren't that many things left to "invent" Cripes.

Busettii bike review. Bike looks ok, just wished I could take one for a test drive before I commit 2 grand.
http://electricbikereport.com/electric-bike-review-busettii-big-50-part-2/#more-2075

georgefromvt said:
Busettii bike review. Bike looks ok, just wished I could take one for a test drive before I commit 2 grand.
http://electricbikereport.com/electric-bike-review-busettii-big-50-part-2/#more-2075

As long as you're not expecting claimed range I suppose it's an okay "turnkey" deal. Although, the reviewer admits to never owning an eBike before.

You're wise to be careful and cautious though. Have you looked at Pedego bikes? I don't know 'em personally but they seem to have been around a while and they don't make as many outlandish claims about their product IMO.

I just have a hard time trusting a business willing to bend specs to the point these guys keep doing.

I'm no salesman so I expect to just be honest with people - explain you're using this motor, controller, battery, components and let the complete work speak for itself - not all this "sales engineering" nonsense that makes no difference in real world, day to day use.

grindz145 said:
Can we all just agree to never use the word invented again, unless one of the following circumstances arises, and a single person comes up with the design:
1. Teleportation
2. Time travel
3. World-food producing machine
4. No-fat no-carb spicy chicken sandwiches

I will consider adding up to 3 more entries, but there just aren't that many things left to "invent" Cripes.

5. Where's my jetpak/hoverbike?

don't be shutting down the patent office just yet.
there's boatloads of blaktek like agrav that has yet 2b officially 'invented' b4 it's handed down to us 3rd tier users.

Hmmmmm...I wonder if I should patent my water to gasoline home conversion kit yet?
otherDoc

Back