Will this bike make me look gay?

General Discussion about electric bicycles.
AussieJester   100 GW

100 GW

Re: Will this bike make me look gay?

Post by AussieJester » Mar 28 2011 5:10pm

liveforphysics wrote:
vanilla ice wrote:Isn't the US the only country where step thru bikes are called "female" bikes.. :roll: so dumb. I never understood that.

The reason is that a male doesn't wear a dress/skirt, and is strong enough to cause an unbraced frame to flex excessively.
Well...most males don't there are exceptions :mrgreen:

@vanilla ice - no, any step thru framed bike are called 'girls bikes' in Australia to.

KiM

vanilla ice   100 MW

100 MW

Post by vanilla ice » Mar 28 2011 5:13pm

I get that you want a horizontal top tube on a performance frame.. but there are females who race, and males who just cruise. The naming is dumb imo.. Not to mention in an event such as a crash or part failure your nuts are more likely to be safe on a step thru frame.

rguy56   100 W

100 W

Post by rguy56 » Mar 28 2011 5:49pm

"Not that there's anything wrong with that." J Seinfeld.

Had to be said.

Bob

AussieJester   100 GW

100 GW

Post by AussieJester » Mar 28 2011 5:58pm

vanilla ice wrote:I get that you want a horizontal top tube on a performance frame.. but there are females who race, and males who just cruise. The naming is dumb imo.. Not to mention in an event such as a crash or part failure your nuts are more likely to be safe on a step thru frame.
It allows wimenz with long dresses and skirts to ride a bicycle easier when dressed like this, that is why they were originally made, Google it.
I don't see it as dumb, As to saving your 'nuts' because of no top tube, without it you would fall to the bottom tube and
pound your knees on the ground as your family jewels whacked the lower tube while your chin/face became
friends with the stem/handlebars... :-P

KiM

John in CR   100 GW

100 GW

Post by John in CR » Mar 29 2011 2:18am

If you have to ask, then yes it will. Keep in mind though that if you have to ask, then most likely you'll look gay on whatever you ride. Real men don't need to ask, nor do they worry about it. Our attitude is that it would be great if 95% of the rest of you came out of the closet, so we'd have choice pick'ns of the greater number of available women.

Gregory   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Gregory » Mar 29 2011 3:29am

MadRhino wrote: Yes, I'm a bearded lesbian.

1) x5305 Hub Motor in a 24" Sun rim with 10G spokes, Kelly 72601 controller, 74V 10Ah Turnigy LiPo 20C Battery and CycleAnalyst
2) Mac 10T rear hub in a 700C "comfort bike" 15S 5Ah LiPo, stock 28A Xie Cheng controller
3) 38" Longboard, Turnigy 6374, CC Mamba XL2 ESC

dogman dan   100 GW

100 GW

Post by dogman dan » Mar 29 2011 6:39am

Step through bikes are nice though. So are the lower stand over, BMX and dirt jumper type frames. Us older farts do get to a point where swinging the leg over tall frames gets to be more awkward, if not actually painful. Forget about how you look, if you care what the others think, you do have a problem. But the problem is not the bike.

I used to ski like a bearded lesbian. It was a hoot to flash by at warp speed with a tight ass in lycra tights and a ponytail. Then when I'd crash and burn 2-3 guys would crowd in,,, " Are you OK? Are you ok? " And I'd pull my bearded face out of the snow, stick in in their faces and laugh my ass off.

liveforphysics   100 GW

100 GW

Post by liveforphysics » Mar 29 2011 11:29am

John in CR wrote:If you have to ask, then yes it will. Keep in mind though that if you have to ask, then most likely you'll look gay on whatever you ride. Real men don't need to ask, nor do they worry about it. Our attitude is that it would be great if 95% of the rest of you came out of the closet, so we'd have choice pick'ns of the greater number of available women.

Amen.
Each carcinogen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for cancer.

Each mutagen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for reproductive genetic defects in your children.

Each engine start sprays them into a shared atmosphere which includes beings not offered an opportunity to consent accepting these cancer experiences and defective genetics life experiences.

Every post is a free gift to the collective of minds composing the living bleeding edge of LEV development on our spaceship.

LAebike   1 µW

1 µW

Post by LAebike » Apr 28 2011 3:05pm

The IZIP Zuma has received a number of upgrades for 2011 and this is really a nice bike with a suspension fork and seat post. Currie stiffened up the frame from the 2010 version and improved the battery pack interface so that it does not rattle. It also has a nice plug connector for the motor making it really easy to remove the rear wheel. The dual disc brakes are very good and if they become noisy, you can easily replace the pads or even upgrade the calipers. Great climbing power from the motor - max torque 40 Nm. POD or PAS mode switch makes it easy to use. Also comes in blue if you think the red low step is gay :D http://www.currietech.com/currie-techno ... c-bike.php

MikeFairbanks   100 kW

100 kW

Post by MikeFairbanks » Apr 28 2011 7:55pm

I think it looks cool.

Kind of pricey, but whatever floats the boat.

At 50, the only way you're going to look cool is in a 60k+ convertible, and even then you have to be in great shape and good-looking.

That's not easy to pull off unless you're single, don't have kids, and can hit the gym (for real) everyday.
Stay frosty

MadRhino   100 GW

100 GW

Post by MadRhino » Apr 28 2011 9:40pm

MikeFairbanks wrote: At 50, the only way you're going to look cool is in a 60k+ convertible, and even then you have to be in great shape and good-looking.
No need to look cool, when you are.
Age has nothing to do with it, a man is always taller on a horse. :mrgreen:
Make it fool-proof, and I will make a better fool.
Current bikes
Street: https://s20.postimg.org/ewrvugywt/Session_04_2015.jpg
Dirt: https://s20.postimg.org/lbqwr55ml/IMG_0157.jpg

docnjoj   100 GW

100 GW

Post by docnjoj » Apr 29 2011 9:18am

No need to look cool, when you are.
Age has nothing to do with it, a man is always taller on a horse.
Well unless your "horse" is a recumbent. :(
otherDoc
E-bike stable at our house

Steintrike Mad Max full suspension trike rear Cute 100H going on: Whoops, Cute wheel broke but I fixed it.
Sun USX delta trike EbikeKit small geared front wheel sort of front suspension for wife

Agniusm/A123 AMP 20 36 volts on the Steini has been taken off.
2x16000 Multisport from HK now gone as they died after 2 years
New Luna 10S bottle battery 13.6AH now on mine
Relatively New 10S4Px2 for wife's bike giving 20ah @ 40 volts home made Panasonic from Tumich. BMS's rule.

999zip999   100 GW

100 GW

Post by 999zip999 » Apr 29 2011 12:38pm

When are we going camping ?