are there any E-bike trade fairs or races any time soon?

General Discussion about electric bicycles.
monster   100 kW

100 kW

are there any E-bike trade fairs or races any time soon?

Post by monster » Dec 19 2007 6:50am

well are there?

i remember we had one in wales (UK) this time last year.

knightmb   100 kW

100 kW

Re: are there any E-bike trade fairs or races any time soon?

Post by knightmb » Dec 19 2007 11:46am

monster wrote:well are there?

i remember we had one in wales (UK) this time last year.
A while back I tried to put one together, but too much red tape in this area prevented it from coming together. So what I'm doing is, searching for a private location to host the event that doesn't require a mountain of government paperwork along with conditions that can't realistically be met.

deardancer3   10 kW

10 kW

Post by deardancer3 » Dec 19 2007 11:59am

there is an alternative vehicle show and race (ebikes welcome of course) in the far 'burgs of southern california; weekend Jan 26 - 08.
http://members.cox.net/electric_dragin/img1.html

dick

Malcolm   10 kW

10 kW

Post by Malcolm » Dec 19 2007 12:16pm

We'll be having another northern meeting of the Battery Vehicle Society early next year. There aren't many ebikers among us, but everyone's welcome. We had the first one a couple of weeks ago in Leeds and it went really well. Eight of us turned up and I was the oldest one there and there were even a couple of women. :D
A couple of the lads who turned up had never met before but discovered that they live within a few miles of each other and they're both doing conversions of original Minis.
We're talking about holding the next meeting at a steam rally, which should be a laugh. I'll post more details when I get them.