New e-bike land speed record (not really)

Planky

10 W
Well according to my nice new Cycle Analyst I regularly go over 600 mph.

landspeed.jpg

The average speed is correct and the time is correct but the maximum?
This is plug in Cycle Analyst with an external speedo.
Whilst riding the speed is correct, just when I try to look at the maximum it is a little off. :mrgreen: :twisted: :twisted:
I reset the data but the next time I ride I get a maximum of over 600mph, usually about 650mph.

Any ideas what could be causing this and what I could do to cure it?

Thanks!

Ya need to run the same route in both directions and average the speeds, to negate the effect of a tailwind.
:lol:

LOL. I am sure Justin or somebody else on here will figure out what it is. Auraslip had an odometer oddity with his and I think ES group finally determined the cause...?

You just need to let us know your secret! :wink:

I just got my CA in the mail today, and I am VERY excited!

I don't know why you want to "fix" that!?!? It's the best thing you can show people to say how much fun E-Bikes can be! (Just show them your "parachute" for slowing down on the back to convince them you really do go that fast! :mrgreen: )

My direct plug-in CA (Ver 2.11) too often reads outrageous numbers for Max S.
I mentioned it to Justin just after my Ver 2.0 was updated.
He's worked on it, figured it out and said there isn't enough room left on the chip for fixing it with the code.

Zoot Katz said:
He's worked on it, figured it out and said there isn't enough room left on the chip for fixing it with the code.

That's a shame. Though I only use the maximum speed for bragging! :D :D

Planky said:
Zoot Katz said:

That's a shame. Though I only use the maximum speed for bragging! :D :D
It happens infrequently enough that it's always a surprise when it does.
I'm pretty sure I've seen higher than 636 though. I'll have to get a pic to contest your record.

I had this problem after one of the dogs used the speedo wire for floss; the break in the wire was intermittent and usually worked fine. :lol:

finding the break and splicing it fixed my issues with that.

If there's a firwmare issue, too, I haent' expereinced it yet.

Now that I am looking I can say it gives me a "spurious" maximum speed every time I ride my KMX.

Today I had 654mph, then I reset it and went out again and it read 646mph when I arrived home.
Yes I did take pictures of the Cycle Analyst screen to prove my new land speed record for a trike! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I had that happen to me several times On the Road; a reset fixes the problem – however I wanted to keep my overall trip Odometer functional so I never did it. The other CA also experienced the problem but it was reset every day to get the daily mileage. I figured there wasn’t a hotfix available given the void of information; the eeprom limitation seems to be a reasonable accounting. I guess the following versions had larger eeproms?

Here’s to your record <clink> KF :wink:

Back