Aqua-Xtracycle

Wacky! :D

I love it! 8)

Too bad they didn't include range in the water, pretty ingenious Idea. :)

It is cool in an "I-did-it-because-I-can" sense. I think for utility, though, maybe making a small light trailer to put a kayak or other light boat on would work better from the boating side. he has a mid-drive so the effort of pulling the trailer would be very small. Stopping it might be an issue though. I have actually pulled a small sailboat on a dolly using my Stoked Xtracycle about 2 miles without any problems. The dolly is not made for long hauls though. However, you could easily build a light trailer that would do it. Anyway, it is an interesting boat/bike combo!

pdf said:
It is cool in an "I-did-it-because-I-can" sense. I think for utility, though, maybe making a small light trailer to put a kayak or other light boat on would work better from the boating side.
+1.

It always happens when one has too much time! Much better than watching soap operas.

amberwolf said:
Now I know what to build next time I plan on going to Tempe Town Lake. :lol:

HAHA...I can just imagine how that would look too, a bunch of old car/truck inner tubes (that had been patched multiple times) strapped to CB2 with bungee cords and anything else AW could scrounge up that a knot could be tied in, duct tape from asshole to breakfast holding numerous airtight containers onto CB2 that aid in keeping it afloat, towed behind on a giant truck inner tube would be a trailer with his dog Nanna in it with "the look"... "WTF is going on"....you HAVE to do it AW would be.... wait for it...... EPiC!! LoL :mrgreen:

KiM

We had epic flooding all summer that closed down a bunch of major bridges so a significant number of people were commuting by using 2 motor vehicles and a canoe or kayak. Add a air compressor to this set-up and it would have been an awesome way to commute.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00177J4JS/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=
I snagged one of these for $65 bucks awhile back so I can bike to some water and kayak. Probably possible to fit on my rack, but I haven't done it yet. It'd be better to have a trailer for it.

Back