Fun e-kone trike and Ikone by Karim Guelmi

He's got one pedal on backwards. I can hear em now,(the walkers) "get that thing off the path".

Really nice looking, but like the scooter resembling designs, some places they will get hassled. It's a shame they have to be that way, but people almost everywhere want things like they were. The good ol days when nobody used that bike path but joggers and moms with a baby stroller.

HEY DOGMAN, I think you would have to be part FROG to pedal with both in the same position. :lol: :lol:

Wow!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: 8) 8) 8)

That thang is Gorgeous!!!

Love the simplicity of the design, not over-done or obnoxious, beautiful!!!

http://www.cars-show.org/cars/ikone-shoe-shaped-vehicle.html
http://conceptcars2015.blogspot.com/2011/01/ikone-zero-emission-shoe-shaped-vehicle.html
http://www.coroflot.com/kguelmi

The IKONE is a concept three-wheeled vehicle designed by Karim Guelmi, a Montreal-based graduate from the University of Quebec in Montreal. The concept has been designed in collaboration with the Montreal-based company Fun-E Cycles. The one-seater vehicle is a vision of an eco-friendly society where humans could make use of alternative fuels for commuting.
The concept vehicle has 18.5-liters of storage space above the rear wheel. The design and strong DNA of the vehicle evokes lightness and fluidity as well as a symbiotic relationship between the rider and the ride. The IKONE has been thought with the necessity to reduce its parts to a minimum, which further reduces the production costs. The electric engines of the vehicle have been designed to be powered by lithium batteries.

ikone-shoe-shaped-vehicle-01.jpg

They are here in Montreal, but I never saw any of this one ride here.

Their model that I often see in town is this one:

05h.jpg

I WANT ONE !

The white one with the blue stripes !

Anyone know anything about the company or the technology?

They are here for 10 years.
They say that they have their own designs, and manufacturing facilities in China.

I was refering to the e-Kone.
I am pretty sure that just came on the market.

that one they designed, (according what I posted earlier)
everything else looks to be generic Chinese stuff,

MadRhino said:
They say that they have their own designs, and manufacturing facilities in China.

that's what they all say... :D
"own designs" meaning they pick the colors and asked the manufacturer to put their logos on it.
highly doubt they have manufacturing facilities in China..

sk8norcal said:
I was refering to the e-Kone.
I am pretty sure that just came on the market.

that one they designed, (according what I posted earlier)
everything else looks to be generic Chinese stuff,..
I doubt that it is on the market already.
The design is from a university student here at UQAM, a few blocks from my home.
He arranged with Fun E-Cycle to have it produced in China, or maybe sold them his design.

I'll give them a call tomorrow.
Anyway, it is too wide to ride the bike paths, and I doubt that the police will like it on the streets.

MadRhino said:
I doubt that it is on the market already.

why?
it's listed on their site,
and from that youtube video,

This new concept electric tricycle, available for less than 3k, can reach a speed up to 32km/h including a 500W motor. It offer an excellent stability and comfort. Driving this new vehicle is very easy and it respond quickly and efficiently. In the night, a big HIV light give you a good visibility and security. If you search a new experience of driving, try it! You will not be disappointing... for now available is US and Canada.

I just talked to the owner of Fun E-Cycle on the phone.

They have made only one already, as a demo.
Their shop is closed until march, I couldn't get to see it.
The production will begin in march, and they are planning only a dozen this year.
The price is good, less than 3000 CAD.
It is Ebike legal in Canada, 32Kmh less than 1000w
It is assembled here in Montreal, from standard bicycle components, and chinese Ebike parts.
The tadpole frame is custom made in Montreal, with front suspension.

They have only one sold
Since their office is closed, they will start to accept pre-orders only in march.
I will know more in March.

I believe it will be available only in red with white stripes, for they are only doing a test production this year.
More colours should be available when they start to assemble larger series.

I spoke with them on the phone today, but the guy's English wasn't great, and there was a lot of background noise at the time, so we didn't speak for long. He told me they have made 25 in total, and there are 5 left. He had no specs for me. He did say, however, that they are using acid-lead batteries, which seemed antiquated to me.

I'm definitely interested if I can get more details.

Back