61.0 mph gps verified. video will be posted soon

Congrads, I know how bad you wanted to pass this 60 Mph mark. :D
With a small bike like yours, it must feel like 75 :mrgreen:

So when do we start the paypal donations for you to get johnrobholmes to lace up a moped rim for you?

61 on that rear bmx rim with those spoke angles is cra-hay-zee!!!!!

But keep it comin! :twisted:

Looks like can 0-55 in less than 1/10th of a mile based on some maps I checked, 60 takes some time and a really good tuck. Not exactly scientific, but just an estimate. Need to find an app for the phone that can calculate it so I can get real numbers with time/distance.
Anyone recommend one? Android.

I also really want a 30S2P Nanotech pack made from the 8AH 6S packs. Next on the list of stuff to eventually buy.

Take a look at the alap recorder

Whats the plan if the cops hit you with radar doing 60 mph ? :shock:

" but officer....the wires must of crossed in the controller-its just a power assisted bicycle ...cant go that fast ?" :lol:

motorino magnet said:
Whats the plan if the cops hit you with radar doing 60 mph ? :shock:

" but officer....the wires must of crossed in the controller-its just a power assisted bicycle ...cant go that fast ?" :lol:

Pedal fast and pretend I'm out of breath, then frame the ticket.

-Sorry officer, I got excited riding down the hill and wasn't watching speed. :)

-What, there's no hill? Ah, sorry, I will be more careful with the hills from now on. :wink:

-The speed? Well I couldn't go that fast. Are you sure those radar guns are reliable in the hills? :mrgreen:

Congrats. 8) 8)

Just because I'm an ass, I'll remind you it's not really official till you hit 60 mph both ways down the same road. Just like bonnevile. There is almost no such thing as a perfect flat road, and there's wind. So both ways makes a speed claim official.

On the other hand, maybe you'd be hitting 63 the other direction. I have no doubt it's a 60 mph bike, with leathers that don't flap in the wind.

gensem said:
Just add another 6s brick to break the 60s with room to spare.
:)

It's sooo tempting, but that puts me right at the 150V range and I don't like the idea of pushing the controller there, bad things could happen there (to the controller). Going to 32S would be the max I'd want run this controller at, I have my limits on how far I'm willing to push equipment. I have a pretty good idea that this 18 FET controller could survive 14KW input if voltage is kept in check and the caps can keep up and the FET case temps stay below 70C. until I measure the actual on/off times and switching frequency/ripple on the supply cap I think I'm at the upper end of what I feel is safe for it right now.

I'm hoping I find the time to measure this stuff after I get back from my Croatia/Paris trip. I have a strong feeling that the EB3XX series controllers are a pretty big improvement over the EB2XX from my observations so far.

Zombiess, dont fry your controller!!! I was just kidding...
Btw how many watts do you need to cruise at 60mph?

Would you mind to take a note about the watt usage at 40, 50 and 60mph?

gensem said:
Zombiess, dont fry your controller!!! I was just kidding...
Btw how many watts do you need to cruise at 60mph?

Would you mind to take a note about the watt usage at 40, 50 and 60mph?

I don't know about 60 because I'm not paying attention to the CA the last few runs. At 40MPH/70% throttle I cruise at 30A, that I know, started taking notes on amps/cruise speed yesterday. Body position makes a difference as well, this was sitting upright and comfy. I need to swap the 9C in and cruise at 40mph to see how it compares so I can get an idea of efficiency between the two.

The 9C ventilated would be around 80C on the windings after my ride home (about 2.5 miles and have done many times) at these same speeds on my ride home where I took it much easier on the bike, this motor was a little above ambient, went back out after 5 and 10 mins and put my hand on the cover which is usually about when it reaches peak temp after shutting off a sealed hub and it was still about the same temp, luke warm at best. If it was my shower water temp I probably wouldn't get in.

CA showed I averaged 89WH/mile on the 5 mile ride... oops, got a lead wrist. I'm so impressed by both this motor and the controller. I've been told by many these controllers can't do this and I agree, if you leave them stock. If stock don't go over 45A battery 130A phase if you want to make sure it lives at 30S LiPo, I think Lyen will agree with me on this and probably recommend less amps unless you are on a 24 FET model. I believe he's posted his recommended max ratings in the highway speed controller threads in the for sale section. I'm in the R&D phase for some of my own projects so I push harder and mod more than most.

Hey Zombie, I'd like to follow your progress, but I keep missing out on updates to your build because you keep starting new threads about the same bike. Any chance you could choose one of the following half-dozen recent threads to be your "build thread" for this particular bike, so folks can subscribe to it and keep track?

"61mph run"
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=36007

"61.0 mph gps verified. video will be posted soon"
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36004

"Greyborg Hubmotor in action, 59mph"
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=35925

"Holy CRAP! 125V@102A into a cromotor, 21.5" tire"
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=35834

"Stuttering on acceleration and regen"
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34710

"Finally got my bike, with the Croatia Hubzilla installed"
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34693

-JD

nope, no build thread or consolidation because it makes it harder to find the tech info in a search.

I've got a blog starting soon which should detail the history of my bike.

zombiess said:
nope, no build thread or consolidation because it makes it harder to find the tech info in a search.

Actually, it makes it harder to find info when someone is crossposting 50 threads for one bike. That's why people here usually make a single thread about each build.

Sorry I won't be able to follow your progress, best of luck with it!

-JD

My only question is, will the next topic you start be about going 2mph faster or 3?

Please forgive the sarcasm, but I can't be the only one nursing a bloody tongue.

John in CR said:
My only question is, will the next topic you start be about going 2mph faster or 3?

Please forgive the sarcasm, but I can't be the only one nursing a bloody tongue.

Totally not worth starting a topic unless i break 70mph. Guess people are use to consolidated threads on this forum so I'll give it a shot. Every place does it a bit different, been told to keep topics separate on other forums, sorry guys.

Mine goes 17 mph, which is plenty fast for my old Trek bike, roads with potholes, and my 200 lbs. I cannot imagine going 60 mph on anything like a bicycle. Please be careful. You know there is a YouTube video of a guy who was killed on a fast ebike he built. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5Z8S6GFZo8

drewjet said:
Take a look at the alap recorder

Here is an example of a recording I did with it on my bike and using Race Render2

[youtube]TGG5vbUux-Q[/youtube]

Back