Cell_man/emissions free:3 months waiting a piece on warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

oriam

1 mW
Hi guys, first sorry for my English

I like tell the experience that I have with the store http://www.emissions-free.com/ and Cell-man after-sale

I bought to emissions-free one kit mxus geared, In the sale the treatment of cellman was effective, with good advice, and fast, but the problem came after the sale

the kit arrived in Spain the 2 of July of 2011

The 15 of November of 2011, the cover of the kit broken only with pedaling

In this date (November 15, 2011) report to Cell-man the engine failure, and sent the pictures with the cover broken , and today still has no cover, tells me that the manufacturer has not sent the part , and he is tired of ask for it, and If that isn't good enough you are welcome to call them yourself and see if you have more luck than I do.

Has anyone ever received such treatment from the seller?
Should not he who call the manufacturer and resolved the problem?
is normal three months and still not have the part or other solution?

For now I can not use this kit, and 3 months of waiting with no solution seems too

these are the pictures I sent to the seller and the state of the engine cover
also can see the pictures in this forum http://enbicielectrica.foroactivo.com/t506-rotura-del-motor-del-kit-mxus-de-emissions-freecom

Attachments

• Foto0808.jpg
    Foto0808.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 2,471
  • Foto0811.jpg
    Foto0811.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 2,471
  • Foto0810.jpg
    Foto0810.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 2,471
  • Foto0812.jpg
    Foto0812.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 2,471
  • Foto0807.jpg
    Foto0807.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 2,471
I can't comment on your particular case, but all I can say is CELL_MAN, may be a few days late here and there but the service and quality of the parts I have received from him has been excellent, I'm sorry if you have had a problem I'm sure cell_man is doing his best to sort it out.

Sent using Endless-Sphere Mobile app

He is probably having genuine problems finding the part!

This small geared motor is very common - it is sold as an ampedbikes and ebikekit motor as well. Usually this company ( MXUS ) does not provide replacement parts - so what ampedbikes/ebikekit usually do is warranty the whole motor, which they can easily do since they charge 2x the price for the same kit.

Maybe you can ship it back to China instead of wait for the part, but that is going to cost $$$.

I am sure he will take care of you in time. One thing you can do is see if you can find a dead MXUS geared motor for replacement parts. I have never heard of this kind of failure before, so the dead MXUS motors should have 100% working freewheel covers.

p.s. How did you get the free wheel cover off? i thought these were pressed in, but it looks screwed in.

thanks Batfink, I know cell_man is recognized here, for this I buy the kit to cell_man, but three months without any solution I think is too time

How did you get the free wheel cover off? i thought these were pressed in, but it looks screwed in.

neptronix the cover broken only with pedaling in a climb, suddenly lost the support on the bike, first i think broken the chain, but afther I see the cover was what broken, cover was separated from the engine a little, pushing effortlessly the cover came out alone, no entry pressed, no entry screwed, seems that is screwed but turns crazy when the end
if you dont understand me it is because i speak very bad english :oops:

I agree, just get it fixed locally for a stronger than new result. The flip side though is, that yes Cell_Man is known to give good service, but apparently dropped the ball on this one. Just pull a side cover off of a motor and send it to this guy.

Why are these side covers so poorly engineered anyway, and it's not jut this motor brand? Aluminum bicycle hubs don't snap off at the threads with the kind of frequency we see on hubmotors. We on ES need to come up with an extra bearing support solution for this common problem.

One can't hope for readily available replacement parts for any hub motor. When something fails, you have to wait or build a fix. That is why most of us have more than one motor, and other spare components.

does he have to replace it because it broke?

i thought he warranted stuff worked when it arrived, and the rest was on the user. that is how it is with most stuff i buy.

eventually someone is gonna burn up one of these motors so you should post up a thread on items wanted. maybe cell_man will get a motor returned with a good plate and send it to you but i doubt if he can buy the parts.

The side cover can break on almost any hub motor when pedaling too hard in the smallest gear. Cell man did not design the hub motor just sells them. You could probably figure out a way to break another side cover in the same amount of time it took to break the first one.

Uno no puede esperar para piezas de repuesto fácilmente disponibles para cualquier motor de cubo. Cuando algo falla, usted tiene que esperar o construir una solución. Es por eso que la mayoría de nosotros tiene más de un motor y otros componentes de repuesto.
If you see in my signature I have other kits, I use usually one Nine Continent with 15S lipo battery, but repair this cover not is easy

A few years ago my Crystallyte 408 motor's cover broke the exact same way. It was the cover on the drive side too and it sheared off right at the face of the cover (just like Oriam's did).

BrokenHub5.jpg

BrokenHub1.jpg

BrokenHub3.jpg

Looks like it's made of the same potted aluminum too which means it was press formed in some sort of mold when manufactured. Trying to fix it by just simply welding it back on is difficult and not recommended. The aluminum would expand and contract making it extremely difficult to make alignment of that broken center part precisely concentric to the rest of the hubmotor. And since the most likely causes for it breaking to begin with are either misalignment or material quality, or both... it's pobably best to not try to weld it but try to find a replacement motor cover. That's what I ended up doing.

The side cover can break on almost any hub motor when pedaling too hard in the smallest gear. Cell man did not design the hub motor just sells them. You could probably figure out a way to break another side cover in the same amount of time it took to break the first one.
Yes I've been thinking about it, the cover seems very delicate
the next time in this small motors perhaps the solution is put in the front well

oriam said:
neptronix the cover broken only with pedaling in a climb, suddenly lost the support on the bike, first i think broken the chain, but afther I see the cover was what broken, cover was separated from the engine a little, pushing effortlessly the cover came out alone, no entry pressed, no entry screwed, seems that is screwed but turns crazy when the end
if you dont understand me it is because i speak very bad english :oops:

I understand, mostly :mrgreen: . This happened to me with the older MAC motor i ordered from cell_man, but he sent me a replacement freewheel cover in a few weeks. It was easy because MAC & BMC motors have spare parts available.

It is a pretty common failure of hub motors. A lot of these hubs are engineered by Chinese companies for Chinese people; very weak in some areas :(

Good luck - i think cell man will pop in here soon, lol..

Cell man still is who'd I would want to buy from when I need one of his products.

These motors are pretty cheap and I doubt he makes much money from them. It seems to me one of those
things where you get what you pay for.. Still I agree as a paying customer for a product failure like that should
be rectified withing a decent amount of time. Things slow boating from China can still take a while.

GL

What warranty? I bought a kit from cell_man too, but don't recall any expressly written warranty at all.

oriam said:
..., and today still has no cover, tells me that the manufacturer has not sent the part , and he is tired of ask for it, and If that isn't good enough you are welcome to call them yourself and see if you have more luck than I do.
But if cell_man did tell you about the warranty (verbally or on paper or electronically via email), then the above response is totally out-of-line and definitely not acceptable.

I think cell_man here is offering a very poor service (intended or not). As Administrator I have been recomendig their products for while in our Spanish speaking e-bike forum, but now it's over and for good if this guy doesn't get what is fair (a working motor/piece). I think it's going to cost him more than a cover if he get bad publicity in the biggest spanish speaker ebike forum: Adios sellings.
My piece for cell_man would be to solve this problem right away and be more polite after all the trouble this guy is going through.

Typically, when you buy products direct from China at a low cost, expect little to no service. Cell_man historically has had good customer service, which is VASTLY superior to most every vendor in China, small or large.

In situations like this, I wouldn't even expect the typical company in China to respond to an email. The fact that he even responded and claimed to try is fairly good.

If you want customer service, pay more and get it locally. If you have a problem you can physically GO there and hopefully get it resolved.

1 of my customers that seems to think I'm not so bad let me know about this post, so just thought I'd drop by.

I'm sorry, but you'll get your part on the 175USD MXUS rear geared kit that you ordered in June 2011 as soon as I have it and can send it to you. As I explained I've been asking the manufacturer since December to send me the replacement side cover and they have assured me it has already left this last week after I pushed them yet again and also happened to place a fairly large order. When the part is received it will be sent to you. I don't have any spare side covers because you are the first person to ever report a broken MXUS side cover.

If I had the part I would have sent, as I tried to explain I've tried to get it many times. It is not an expensive part, in fact the manufacturer will supply it FOC, just the cost to ship it from me to you. I couldn't have supplied the part regardless of whether you wanted to buy it or wanted it under warranty, I just do not have the part.

Whilst I might value even the smallest customers that buy the cheapest kit I sell, my suppliers don't seem to think the same way. I can assure you my time and peace of mind is worth far more to me than the price of a small shipment to Spain and a cheap or FOC part, regardless of whether the total purchase was 221USD as was the 700C rear 350W kit shipped to Spain, or 2000USD worth of parts. Whilst you will probably tell all your friends that you only got the part after coming on here and trying to hurt my reputation, I can assure you, your part would have left as soon as I have it regardless of whether you felt it necessary to go public on the travesty of the broken side cover :)

Have a nice weekend.
Paul AKA Cell Man

ohzee said:
Cell man still is who'd I would want to buy from when I need one of his products.

These motors are pretty cheap and I doubt he makes much money from them. It seems to me one of those
things where you get what you pay for.. Still I agree as a paying customer for a product failure like that should
be rectified withing a decent amount of time. Things slow boating from China can still take a while.

GL

It's more like hes dumping a defective product if you ask me.

Jason27 said:
ohzee said:

GL

Same product as Amped Bikes. They just charge more and have higher volume (I assume).

Jason27 said:

Yes must be that seeing as 1 customer had a broken side cover after 5 or 6 months of use whilst pedaling up a hill using 700C rims, whilst I've sold lots of both the MXUS Geared kits and the DD kits from the same manufacturer with very few complaints and lots of satisfied customers. I must just go over there every couple of months collecting the cast offs I suppose.

In case you didn't notice, this issue is not uncommon on rear hubs from most manufacturers and all price ranges. This is the first complaint of this issue on a MXUS, so I would say they actually have this detail better addressed than most. FYI, the manufacturer used to do OEM hub castings for Bafang amongst others before they went into manufacturing the complete motor. They are not a small operation and do casting, machining and motor assembly in-house. Are they the best hub motor in the world, probably not, are they good value with good reliability and pretty good performance, many customers seem to think so.

To be perfectly honest I don't sell many of the small MXUS geared motors these days, the Mac is far more popular even though it costs much more. I will still continue to stock the small geared MXUS 350, they are perfectly adequate for an assist setup with a small battery.

Jason27 said:

So is ebikekit, amped bikes, and other companies i guess. Poor consumer :)
Geez, 1 product has a random defect and suddenly someone is a junk peddler. :lol:

I know it's a crappy wait, but honestly think about how a China seller would react to this situation? they'd do basically nothing for you ( after stalling you for weeks ), OR give you the option to spend more $ than you paid in shipping to send it back, then you get to wait another 2 months after they receive it - then the buyer & seller lose money. You pay a little bit more for cell_man's stuff and actually get service.. and you buy from someone who actually knows their product because they have an engineering background, and are a westerner thus have a different set of ethics.

Think about it this way; you could have paid other companies $300-$400 for the same thing and got some better service. You paid a little bit over the China price and are actually going to receive service. For that reason, what cell_man offers is a bargain.

I think i've made about 5 orders with cell_man right about now, have needed replacement parts twice at this point, for problems that were corrected later ( i jumped on the MAC motor train fairly early before fixes to it were made ). I've never seen him screw anyone over but sometimes the response is a little slow for service/ordering requests. Hey, you get what you pay for.

I had a minor problem with a side cover on my MAC motor. I emailed Paul (Cellman) and around a week later a new side cover turned up. I offered to pay but he didn't want it- sent the cover FOC.

I'm not saying this because Paul is a mate of mine- I simply ordered a kit that's all. Yes, my motor is a bit toasty now but not because of lack of quality, more that I was way too ambitious with it and wasn't being careful enough. Paul has also helped me getting that all fixed up as well.

If you think 3 months is a long wait for parts from China, try getting any warranty on parts from Hobbyking for a plane or rc car.

If Paul says he will send the cover as soon as he gets it, take his word for it. The Chinese can be a bit arrogant when it comes to customer service- as in why provide it when it was a cheap product and you should just buy another new one.. They also regard the end user as a beta tester or quality control- as has been seen on many occasions (Magic Pie and C'lyte HS3540 wire cutting)

Paul is an Englishman living in China and he does do alot for our community- compare his prices to some of the others out there. There's also no language barrier for most of us as well.

It looks like you had an unfortunate experience with a weak/defective part, but remember for the most part those motors seem to be ok and I think it's just been an unlucky break for you. I'm sure the new side cover will turn up soon!

Think about it this way; you could have paid other companies $300-$400 for the same thing and got some better service. You paid a little bit over the China price and are actually going to receive service. For that reason, what cell_man offers is a bargain.

Thanks neptronix, now the price in Spain of the kit is 195 Euros(253USD) http://www.ciclotekstore.com/b2c/index.php?page=pp_producto.php&md=0&ref=9822030 , the price of the kit today to Cell_man with shipping to Spain are 241 USD, I don't see the bargain, perhaps is better bargain in the MAC kits

MXUS company offers to the sellers warranty, this is the conditions MXUS manufacter with the sellers "Warranty: Motor 3 years, battery 1 year, Electric bicycle parts half one year."

Yes, I buy the kit in June 2011, but recive in July, and broken in november, four months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back