Cyclone-USA in business?

markc

1 µW
I just ordered a motor kit from Cyclone-USA.com last Friday. I got a strange email back with a confirmation number in the subject line, but nothing in the body of the email telling me when the item will ship, or any other info.

I tried calling the only number that I could find for them, and it was not working.. Does anyone have any insight to this? Anyone have a good contact phone number for them?

Thanks

I've dealt with cyclone-usa. He shipped my order about 3 weeks after I put it in. One day after I ordered, he sent me an e-mail saying he would ship in a week.

On a saturday 3 weeks after I made my order, I called the credit card company (after several "hey please ship my order" e-mails to cyclone) and told them I was disputing the charge. On monday I received the motor, which had been shipped the day before i put in my complaint. So of course i canceled my complaint

Go figure.

The credit card company had a phone number on file for cyclone-usa, but as it turned out the phone number they have was no good.

Thanks-

I am finding the same thing. Phone number disconnected.. I am going to start the cancel process immediately. I emailed, tried to call every contact that I have come across today and have not gotten anything but bad numbers and no responses..

I think it's much better to deal with cyclone taiwan. (I got my kit from cyclone taiwan and then bought a replacement motor from cyclone usa when i destroyed my motor by running it full of water). cyclone-tw didn't ship all that soon after I ordered. it took them at least a week, but they warned me of that right after I ordered. They respond to e-mails and they come through with their product, which is really a very good motor kit.

The only reason i ran in to problems was that I parked the bike outside in the rain overnight (under a tarp that turned out to be very leaky) and then rode it 10 miles.

If you fill the hole where wires enter motor with glue or just park under shelter, you'll be fine.

Cyclone Taiwan's website still has Cyclone-USA on their contact page, along with the same website that I ordered from, so they are definitely affiliated. You would think that it means less time to ship within the states, thats why I bought it through the USA site. I am going to give them a day to respond. All I want is a time frame, and to know that my order is being fulfilled. :?

I will update progress on this for future newbies..

one of the advantages of cyclone taiwan is that their prices are lower.

cyclone usa is an authorized reseller for cyclone taiwan, but I don't think there's really a lot of connection between the taiwan and usa companies.

Cyclone USA is alive at least, i got a reply from Jim on the weekend. He says they are relocating their office, but have kits in stock and are shipping from their current location at the moment.

I have not yet purchased my kits, but am wondering the same thing.. TW or USA ? the tw site has the best price ( even with shipping at 88 $ per kit )

I did get my my motor kit. I wish that they would have put their email on Auto response, to let people know that they were moving, thus not returning emails. This would have saved a lot of grief and confusion. However, Jim did deliver, so I am happy for that.

Paco at Cyclone Taiwan is great to work with. Very responsive, and helpful. He also has the double free wheel style motor their, which I think will work best for me.

markc said:
Paco at Cyclone Taiwan is great to work with. Very responsive, and helpful. He also has the double free wheel style motor their, which I think will work best for me.

Good Morning All

That double freewheel system also caught my eye, demonstrated about ¾ of the way down on their home page. http://www.cyclone-tw.com/index.html How does it work? The crank is obviously independent of the motor, but is the motor independent of the crank, in other words can the outside sprocket drive the inside sprocket without driving the motor shaft?

Also, this motor has been reversed and could directly drive a BB without paying the additional cost to have Jim Olsen, or Paco reverse their standard 500w/360w planetary gear motor.

-grant

Back