The true sine-wave (vectored) controller & electronics set

General Discussion about electric bicycles.
Post Reply
User avatar
Adaptto E-Drives Lab   100 W

100 W
Posts: 119
Joined: Mar 02 2012 5:01pm
Location: Moscow, Russia

The true sine-wave (vectored) controller & electronics set

Post by Adaptto E-Drives Lab » Mar 02 2012 5:21pm

Hello Everyone!

Welcoming November and the season of new builds with a bunch of news:

1) Revised controllers (improved Power PCB) are now ready for sale! Each controller is equipped with PAS and On/Off switch by default from NOW!

2) Brand new Midi-E controller

3) Already 2 official dealers for more convenience


To find out more please visit our web-site: http://adaptto.com/

Image

For sale thread is located here http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... 31&t=58190
Last edited by Adaptto E-Drives Lab on Nov 03 2015 4:47am, edited 6 times in total.
For sales enquiries please contact us via: sales@adaptto.com
Technical questions: techsupport@adaptto.com
Web-site: http://adaptto.com/

User avatar
MadRhino   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 6443
Joined: Sep 03 2010 5:28pm
Location: Montreal QC Canada

Re: The true sine-wave (vectored) controller & electronics s

Post by MadRhino » Mar 02 2012 5:39pm

Looks very good so far, all the features we'd like in a neat package.
I am looking forward for the availability, and price.
Make it fool-proof, and I will make a better fool.
Current bikes
Street:
Trek Session 10 mod. Variable geometry. 70mph
Dirt:
Santa Cruz V10. 50mph

ZOMGVTEK   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1090
Joined: Jun 06 2009 1:40am

Re: The true sine-wave (vectored) controller & electronics s

Post by ZOMGVTEK » Mar 02 2012 5:54pm

200V FET's for a 98V controller?

This sounds neat, but its looking like it might be expensive...

User avatar
andreym   100 W

100 W
Posts: 259
Joined: Feb 03 2010 3:10am
Location: Moscow, Russia, 127411

Re: The true sine-wave (vectored) controller & electronics s

Post by andreym » Mar 02 2012 5:58pm

ZOMGVTEK wrote:200V FET's for a 98V controller?

This sounds neat, but its looking like it might be expensive...
Image
Avanti D8 CroMo frame, CroMotor :) + MAX-E controller. 18s10p zippy compact in Pelican 1300 case. 1.8kwhrs total usable capacity. - Deseased.
New bike will be posted soon here.
fast 1.2kw charger old GT iDrive e-bike

User avatar
full-throttle   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2013
Joined: May 07 2009 8:21pm
Location: N-E Victoria, AUS

Re: The true sine-wave (vectored) controller & electronics s

Post by full-throttle » Mar 02 2012 7:45pm

From what I know this will be the most advanced and integrated e-bike/e-moto controller system in its class.

Features like: tune-able hall timing, BMS integration, per-cycle current limiting, separate power and logic stages and of course sine-wave operation will be very welcomed 8)

Can't wait to get my hands on one! Full review to follow :D


User avatar
shock   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 454
Joined: Oct 18 2011 8:52pm
Location: Motor City
Contact:

Re: The true sine-wave (vectored) controller & electronics s

Post by shock » Mar 02 2012 8:03pm

I'll test one out and give you an unbiased review.
High Voltage

User avatar
johnrobholmes   1.21 GW

1.21 GW
Posts: 3955
Joined: Jul 07 2008 2:19pm
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Re: The true sine-wave (vectored) controller & electronics s

Post by johnrobholmes » Mar 02 2012 11:29pm

Helluva feature list. I would add speed based throttle back in, you already have a big list and I really like that mode sometimes. Am I right to assume you really mean power based throttle, and not amperage throttle?

User avatar
mdd0127   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1084
Joined: Sep 30 2008 4:43pm

Re: The true sine-wave (vectored) controller & electronics s

Post by mdd0127 » Mar 03 2012 5:35am

Sounds neat. I'd burn a controller up for you :wink: and if it doesn't smoke within a few runs.....I'd happily pay you for it!
Turn it OFF!!!

Apocaloptimist! (thx Kiwi!)

Kingfish   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4064
Joined: Feb 03 2010 11:23am
Location: Redmond, WA-USA, Earth, Sol, Orion–Cygnus Arm, Milky Way. Age: > yesterday < tomorrow
Contact:

Re: The true sine-wave (vectored) controller & electronics s

Post by Kingfish » Mar 03 2012 2:45pm

Support for 2WD? :)

Send us a web link to your company.
~KF
* My 2WD Garden Wall
* Kinaye MotorSports
* Primary ride: 2WD Disc 9C 2806-equiv / Dual Lyen 12FET / 20S7P LiPo.
* Epics: Going to California: 2011 8)
* 50-mph, 101, 10k-Club. 12,527 miles-to-date, 7037 as 2WD.

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed.
The hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

User avatar
Arlo1   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 8375
Joined: Apr 26 2009 10:36pm
Location: Nanaimo
Contact:

Re: The true sine-wave (vectored) controller & electronics s

Post by Arlo1 » Mar 03 2012 3:25pm

Cool! And welcome to the forum!
Does your project need a high performance motor drive, battery charger or other power electronics developed? Let's talk!
www.powerdesigns.ca
Leaf motor controller build. http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... 27#p963227
YSR build http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRo8r5g4NBg
Never above 4.2v never below 2.7v EVER!!!
Support me on Patreon. https://www.patreon.com/user/posts?u=6842045
http://www.undergroundelectrics.ca/

User avatar
nicobie   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2482
Joined: Aug 07 2008 1:48pm
Location: Central Coast CA,USA

Re: The true sine-wave (vectored) controller & electronics s

Post by nicobie » Mar 04 2012 2:42pm

Doesn't LFP run a sine-wave controller on his beast of a bike?
Take it easy... but take it. (Woody Guthrie)

my eTownie build thread: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewto ... =6&t=23701
Magazine article https://www.electricbike.com/nicks-etownie/

User avatar
NeilP   10 GW

10 GW
Posts: 4992
Joined: Nov 27 2010 3:18pm
Location: 49.17303, -2.05354 Jersey, Europe
Contact:

Re: The true sine-wave (vectored) controller & electronics s

Post by NeilP » Mar 04 2012 3:53pm

I would love to get one of the Max units to try with my 5404 / 5405 Would curtail my 148 volt plans though :(
:) Only Irish coffee provides in a glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar, and fat :)

User avatar
SplinterOz   1 kW

1 kW
Posts: 496
Joined: Apr 21 2010 4:29am
Location: Canberra
Contact:

Re: The true sine-wave (vectored) controller & electronics s

Post by SplinterOz » Mar 04 2012 6:27pm

nicobie wrote:Doesn't LFP run a sine-wave controller on his beast of a bike?
I don't think so, it is a Sevcon. However he uses a Sin/Cos encoder rather than hall sensors.
SplinterOz
In the Capital of Australia
http://rgelectric.wordpress.com

User avatar
gestalt   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 750
Joined: Oct 19 2009 10:55pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: The true sine-wave (vectored) controller & electronics s

Post by gestalt » Mar 04 2012 7:41pm

Looks great! I'm wondering if this would be a good match for my 5kw golden motor and a123 pouch cells. What I really like is the interface and not needing to plug in a computer to adjust settings.

Will this be able to monitor cell levels in real time through the visual display without the bms? Space and simplicity are big items on my build and am planning on doing all the balancing with the charger and battery medics. I would like to have an alarm that goes off way before any of the cells get into the danger zone.

Also, a ballpark price would be great.
- be seeing you
Image

User avatar
Alan B   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 7740
Joined: Sep 11 2010 7:43am
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Contact:

Re: The true sine-wave (vectored) controller & electronics s

Post by Alan B » Mar 04 2012 7:57pm

Looks like our wish list. :)

User avatar
fechter   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 14716
Joined: Dec 31 2006 3:23pm
Location: California Bay Area, USA

Re: The true sine-wave (vectored) controller & electronics s

Post by fechter » Mar 04 2012 8:43pm

Looks like a very impressive feature set. It will be great to see somebody pull all that together. I just hope the price isn't a deal killer.
"One test is worth a thousand opinions"

User avatar
Dauntless   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 8753
Joined: May 29 2010 1:49am
Location: Coordinates: 33°52′48″N 117°55′43″W

Re: The true sine-wave (vectored) controller & electronics s

Post by Dauntless » Mar 04 2012 10:05pm

Just to remind you he's a hit and run spammer, darn it, no point in asking questions. Dang, LOOK AT THAT SCREEN! But it's 3D art, not a photograph. I'm guessing vaporware, darn it. Looks like he used translation software to post in English.

Perhaps a neighborhood builder will get ideas looking at this. . . .
Any sufficiently advanced technology is INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC!
- Arthur C. Clarke

User avatar
full-throttle   10 MW

10 MW
Posts: 2013
Joined: May 07 2009 8:21pm
Location: N-E Victoria, AUS

Re: The true sine-wave (vectored) controller & electronics s

Post by full-throttle » Mar 04 2012 10:09pm

Dauntless wrote:Just to remind you he's a hit and run spammer, darn it, no point in asking questions. Dang, LOOK AT THAT SCREEN! But it's 3D art, not a photograph. I'm guessing vaporware, darn it. Looks like he used translation software to post in English.

Perhaps a neighborhood builder will get ideas looking at this. . . .
No he's not. Wanna bet?

User avatar
Kirk   100 W

100 W
Posts: 158
Joined: Nov 25 2009 9:06pm
Location: Lakewood, WA
Contact:

Re: The true sine-wave (vectored) controller & electronics s

Post by Kirk » Mar 04 2012 11:48pm

Reverse would be nice for my trike, but its not that important. Any pricing so far? Or has this become vaporware?
Stable:
05 Catrike Road (Yellow), 20" 48V 1000W GM hub motor,12s24Ah Lipo batt.
12 Catrike Expedition (Candy Purple), 18s32Ah Lipo batt. Lyen 18 FET low RDS controller, C'Lyte HS3540 hub motor, CA-SA, Mueller Bros. Windwrap XT fairing, Terra Cycle Cargo Monster extension. Still evolving, should be interesting by next Spring.
2011 Roll Over America tour, 50 Velomobiles, 5000 Km, 24 days, Portland, OR-Washington DC, July 28th-August 24th 2011, damn I was tired after that.

User avatar
sn0wchyld   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1768
Joined: Mar 18 2011 8:27pm
Location: South Aus.

Re: The true sine-wave (vectored) controller & electronics s

Post by sn0wchyld » Mar 05 2012 1:09am

full-throttle wrote:
Dauntless wrote:Just to remind you he's a hit and run spammer, darn it, no point in asking questions. Dang, LOOK AT THAT SCREEN! But it's 3D art, not a photograph. I'm guessing vaporware, darn it. Looks like he used translation software to post in English.

Perhaps a neighborhood builder will get ideas looking at this. . . .
No he's not. Wanna bet?
i thought he was that that russian bloke who posted some vids a while back running a HT or HS on a full suser, riding with some friends, and in one vid he blows a controller? he said at the time he was testing out a pure sine wave controller back then... guess its time to break out the 'in russia' jokes :roll:

on a more serious note, assuming FT's right and this guys genuine... this sounds like a brilliant step forward for ebikes. I'd love to see one of these powering say a rewound 80100 with plenty of volts... I just hope (pray?) that the $$ is within reach... cause this sounds like it'd be on par with, if not completely superior to a CC HV.

I'd also suggest some sort of notification if the controller does loose contact with the halls and switches to sensor-less mode, as it may not just be due to heat but due to some more serious problem (like side covers cutting into wires etc).

also the ability to select between current/voltage based throttles would be useful.

User avatar
Adaptto E-Drives Lab   100 W

100 W
Posts: 119
Joined: Mar 02 2012 5:01pm
Location: Moscow, Russia

Re: The true sine-wave (vectored) controller & electronics s

Post by Adaptto E-Drives Lab » Mar 05 2012 8:01am

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
We are glad you like the features we've prepared for you.
First of all, I'd like to say that we are not "hit and run spamers" and I don't use any translation software (though English is not my native tongue, Dauntless, it's not clear how that can substantiate your statement), so if I'm not making myself clear at times, just let me know I'll try my best.
The picture of the display is indeed a screenshot of a 3D model with a picture of the interface place over it. The pictures of the real thing will be posted when the prototype display cases arrive later this week as mentioned in my previous post.
Here is a picture of the monochrome standard display PCB:
Image
To: johnrobholmes: Yes, you are right it's a power based throttle. Regarding the to possibility to switch to speed based throttle, you want - you got it.
To: Kingfish: The controllers are already designed to work together, so you can plug one into another get your 2WD vehicle going. Later we will be offering a double Mini-E Controller in one case.
To: NeilP: The 150V version of Max-E will be tested soon, so stay tuned.
To: Kirk: Reverse is there already.
To: sn0wchyld: The controller will have a System Health Monitor, a section in the menu for you to see how your system is doing, and, of course, in case something goes wrong you'll see an appropriate message on the display.
The prices are not finalized yet, but they will be in the range below:
Mini-E set (controller and display) $400-450
Max-E set $700-750
BMS: the main board $120 and the auxiliary 4S boards $30
The first series production is planned for beginning of May, so by mid May we'll launch the sales.
The web-site is not ready yet, but it'll be up and running in a month approximately.
For sales enquiries please contact us via: sales@adaptto.com
Technical questions: techsupport@adaptto.com
Web-site: http://adaptto.com/

User avatar
sn0wchyld   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1768
Joined: Mar 18 2011 8:27pm
Location: South Aus.

Re: The true sine-wave (vectored) controller & electronics s

Post by sn0wchyld » Mar 05 2012 8:35am

Adaptto E-Drives Lab wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
We are glad you like the features we've prepared for you.
First of all, I'd like to say that we are not "hit and run spamers" and I don't use any translation software (though English is not my native tongue, Dauntless, it's not clear how that can substantiate your statement), so if I'm not making myself clear at times, just let me know I'll try my best.
The picture of the display is indeed a screenshot of a 3D model with a picture of the interface place over it. The pictures of the real thing will be posted when the prototype display cases arrive later this week as mentioned in my previous post.
Here is a picture of the monochrome standard display PCB:
Image
To: johnrobholmes: Yes, you are right it's a power based throttle. Regarding the to possibility to switch to speed based throttle, you want - you got it.
To: Kingfish: The controllers are already designed to work together, so you can plug one into another get your 2WD vehicle going. Later we will be offering a double Mini-E Controller in one case.
To: NeilP: The 150V version of Max-E will be tested soon, so stay tuned.
To: Kirk: Reverse is there already.
To: sn0wchyld: The controller will have a System Health Monitor, a section in the menu for you to see how your system is doing, and, of course, in case something goes wrong you'll see an appropriate message on the display.
The prices are not finalized yet, but they will be in the range below:
Mini-E set (controller and display) $400-450
Max-E set $700-750
BMS: the main board $120 and the auxiliary 4S boards $30
The first series production is planned for beginning of May, so by mid May we'll launch the sales.
The web-site is not ready yet, but it'll be up and running in a month approximately.

Awww common mate that picture is clearly computer generated!!! :wink:

how big is that screen unit?
Can you reveal more details of the BMS? ie lipo compatible? max cell count etc?
Also, how much are the controllers without a screen? (for those looking at a twin motor setup).

Cheers, and all the best for the future!

ps
is this you?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVUNPORpcGk

User avatar
Miles   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 11030
Joined: Mar 16 2007 4:15pm
Location: London UK

Re: The true sine-wave (vectored) controller & electronics s

Post by Miles » Mar 05 2012 8:54am

Adaptto E-Drives Lab wrote: First of all, I'd like to say that we are not "hit and run spamers" and I don't use any translation software (though English is not my native tongue, Dauntless, it's not clear how that can substantiate your statement), so if I'm not making myself clear at times, just let me know I'll try my best.
Don't worry - you're English is well above the average for the native speakers, here.... :mrgreen:

User avatar
gensem   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1461
Joined: Apr 01 2011 5:28pm
Location: Sao Paulo - Brazil

Re: The true sine-wave (vectored) controller & electronics s

Post by gensem » Mar 05 2012 9:01am

Welcome to ES, what a good surprise to have. A real controller with a killer feature set!
Justin we really appreciate what you did!

Post Reply