Output wires to charge Li-ion battery

Will

100 mW
Crisis no.#1 is here. 3/31 7p western zone, me and my e-bike are outta across the country to AL/GA. It will be my sole transportation for 2 weeks. I noticed a loose wire in the battery box and an inspection showed the small charger wires had come off. I can't even do a decent solder, and am not about to put heat to a lith battery in an attempt to connect the charger wires (see photo). The charger wires should go in just below the black power wire and above the charger connector on the battery's edge (look at blurry picture closely :!: ). Would it work to put an anderson connector onto the charger wires, then unplug the battery from the motor and use the larger power wires to connect to the charger? What I'm unsure about is, do those wires go thru the BSM system? Is it like charging a car battery with jumper cables?
li-ion.jpg

Well, I'm going for all the cookies in the jar. This battery is just too phenominal to not adapt it. I think the jiggly XLR connector used for the charging is responsible for wearing out the little charge wires where they run into the battery. So, I've anchored the larger 12ga power wires and put some nylon bolts in the battery trunk bag to keep the battery/wiring/connectors more stable! I couldn't find Anderson connectors in town but 'Power in Motion' is helping out on that issue. Later, I'll crimp the A' connector onto the charger and forgo the XLR connector that dangles from smallesh wires altogether :D Can't wait to arrive and see if my newly dug pond holds water :p

Be real careful working on live wiring. If there's any way to disconnect the battery output from the part you're working on, it will be safer. Otherwise take precautions to prevent accidental short circuits.

It works :!: Thanks to 'Power in Motion' for rushing an Anderson connector to me. Jumped up a fully adult Golden Eagle at 20 meters on the 1100' climb. A guy in a truck stared back down the mountain when I told him I had pedaled up it. He then offered me a beer :!: The e-bike tour is stupendous, Sand Mtn, AL has plenty of sights, deer, geese, and other critters. I'm confident enough in the Li-ion battery (Power in Motion) to skip the campground on the way back. Instead I can get a cheesburger and just top off the battery a while (46mi/72km) :mrgreen:

Back