Oceanside/San diego CA ebikes

deardancer3

10 kW
today, I counted 7 ebikes on the Oceanside bike route. two females. We all ended up talking at one point. 2 folders, one bent, one with trailer, the rest just uprights. all hub motors except me with a cyclone. almost all Lith packs of some variety. 4 of us totally legal, the others capable of over 25mph.

many packs of over .75 Kwh. mostly ranges of well over 30 miles. And met a security guard that bought his dad an ebike in Pittsburg.

I think things are catching on.

Hey, it sucks to drive (especially around there) when you can RIDE!

Maybe you saw me. I usually ride the hybrid ebike I built in North County SD. But since that motor is down for now from unknown reason, I am using my mountain now. I usually tell people my range is 20 miles full throttle no pedal assist. And yes my bike is not legal. : )

That's where I grew up (Encinitas, Cardiff, Leucadia, etc.).

People are more progressive in the West, which is why you see more of them (and the weather helps). I suppose New York City is similar. People looking toward the future.

Where I live E-bikes are rare. Give it another decade or century....we might see more. ;)

caleb said:
MikeFairbanks said:
I suppose New York City is similar.

NYC outlawed E-Bikes! They upped the fine to $1000 if caught with one!

Link please? I know an upper east side councilwoman proposed upping fines but I haven't seen any confirmation that it's happened.

Here's the story from a week ago - http://gothamist.com/2012/02/28/should_driving_an_electric_bike_get.php

look at that turnout of support! LOL... But I don't see where the increased fine has passed. Comments are interesting though.

I'd be okay with $1000 for breaking existing traffic laws! Why does the type of bike have anything to do with it? Pathetic example of political aspirations run amok.

Back