******Hey..... look what I found in the back yard******

Hi guys...... I woke up in the back yard this morning next to a pile of empty beer bottles and look what I found.

Attachments

• DSCF6813R.JPG
    DSCF6813R.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 3,584
  • DSCF6816R.JPG
    DSCF6816R.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 3,576
  • DSCF6817R.JPG
    DSCF6817R.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 3,565
WOAH!!!

That looks mint :)
more details please getadirtbike!!!
batteries? motor? performance? wheel size? and more over VIDEO please :) !!!!!!!!

Cheers

D

hehehe, me too Malc,

looks like a special frame ammendment to me - maybe a norco "A" frame?
looks like getadirtbike changed from the marzocchi shivers to some nice 666's - very nice looking bike 8) im wondering what size those wheels are? my guess is 24's ???????
dammit we need details!!!!

Cheers

D

looks like it might be something from keewee bikes - a new Zealand bike company that do some cromoloy downhill frames / bikes

very nice build

Alex

Nah...it don't need no chain!

Is this the custom frame you told me about?

Is it all steel (cro moly?)? Or ally?

Can I come and see it? Tried to call you today.

So...I wonder how much...?

I think there's also a market for a commuter version. Front derailier mount, more cycling style posture (higher seat), and maybe some sort of rack hard mounted to the frame for rear panniers (not batteries, just luggage). Maybe with a 408/GL2 style motor with a current limit switch to keep it "legal" if you get done by the coppers.

Ebikes are going mainstream here - there was a review of two legal ebikes in the Bicycle Victoria mag, as well as at least three ads for ebikes. Commuters are the growing market - I know you like Edirtbikes, I just think they are a bit more of a niche. But ready to buy Ebikes look like girly bikes...ick. I can imagine your frame with a few tweaks would make an awesome blokey commuter, able to hammer up and down gutters at speed, and carry some stuff (my sweaty backpack drives me nuts, but panniers on a dually is hard...and I NEED a dually). Appeal to the guys who ride mountain bikes to work (you'll never get the full lycras - the guys who ride with a heartrate monitor).

Hmm...I have triple clamp forks already...

You'll have to let us know how it handles!! It looks awesome - the first dually with SOMEWHERE TO PUT THE BATTERIES!

Mark

I'm still waiting on bits and pieces but you all get the idea..... I hope.

WOAH!!!

That looks mint
more details please getadirtbike!!!
batteries? motor? performance? wheel size? and more over VIDEO please !!!!!!!!

It's a custom Chro-Mo frame which I designed myself. (I design ICE bikes for a living).
I'm still waiting on the correct bottom bracket, cranks, and the 72V 80A battery pack. Wheels are 24" but it can accomodate 4.5" tyres on 26" rims.

Once the bike is up and running I'll post some videos on

http://www.emtb.com.au

I need to spend more time in the back garden with bottles of beer. Is that a homebuilt frame? Very impressive

The back garden is a great place... even better with my bike in it. Homebuilt??? kinda..... I have the facilities and privelages to build them at my work... so kinda... work built.

looks like a special frame ammendment to me - maybe a norco "A" frame?

No
looks like getadirtbike changed from the marzocchi shivers to some nice 666's

888's I tired the Shivers and they looked cool but the 88's have more travel and are a nice feeling fork. The Shivers will surface again on another bike soon.

im wondering what size those wheels are? my guess is 24's ???????

Yep

looks like it might be something from keewee bikes - a new Zealand bike company that do some cromoloy downhill frames / bikes

Nope

Mark,

It's Chro-Mo,
6kg for the frame and shock.
8" of suspension front and rear

I'll call you tomorrow. The frame is moving around at the moment but I'll see what I can arrange.....The bike isn't rideable at the moment but will be much much faster than the last one you rode.

Geometries should be just about sorted for a comfortable ride.

Hardtail version in the works.

Wait a few more weeks and see what I've got coming.

By the way, I'm taking orders if anyone's interested.

I'll get back with a price over the next day or so. Still doing some calculations.

Maybe I should have said 'handbuilt' :lol: Excellent work. I love the swingarm, that must take a lot of time. Is it TIG welded or brazed? Is the front shock mount adjustable – looks as if it's bolted?

hey getadirtbike,

some superb vids there already thanks for the link, amazing performance too - and the riders none too shabby either ;)
i wondered if you could jump an ebike but dont have the ability (or guts) myself - thats really impressive - is the running gear on the bike in the vid the same as they are now on the improved model? which by the way looks great, definately the way i want to go with pack mounting right there.
send those shivers over if they need a new home ;)
so the motor is an xlyte? and what are the packs? im guessing a123 or lifepo4 with those outputs - 80a ?? :shock: i dont know my stuff well but what can take 80a apart from an x5?? mmm
anyway bike looks fantastic and if you get that magic moto/downhill electric hybrid just right ill take 2!!!
Great work, keep us up to date!!!

cheers,

D

Is it TIG welded or brazed? Is the front shock mount adjustable – looks as if it's bolted?

TIG.

Yes the shock mount is adustable. There are a few a degrees of adjustment. The plates that mount to the frame are slotted so that small adjustments can be made to ride height, and if there's not enough there I can just make a new set of plates that will handle larger adjustents ie. (if I want to run a longer or shorter travel shock)

is the running gear on the bike in the vid the same as they are now on the improved model?

This new model should have about double the power of the ones in the Vids.

send those shivers over if they need a new home

Believe me, they have a place to live. Not on this bike but on something better. All will be revealed in a few more weeks.

so the motor is an xlyte?

yep

and what are the packs?

Li-Po's but I have some LiFePo4's on the way that should be capable of similar performance with all of the other benefits of LiFePo4's.

.....if you get that magic moto/downhill electric hybrid just right ill take 2

It's right. Give me a few weeks to prove it.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Did the tooth fairy gave that to you? Must've knocked out your whole jaw to get something like that. Nice bike. Can we have a top view shot? From the first picture it look like the battery compartment extend into the peddling area and stop the left peddle from being use. Are those peddle just for show?

ngocthach1130 said:
Did the tooth fairy gave that to you? Must've knocked out your whole jaw to get something like that. Nice bike. Can we have a top view shot? From the first picture it look like the battery compartment extend into the peddling area and stop the left peddle from being use. Are those peddle just for show?

Getadirtbike mentioned to me on the Phone that he needed a longer Bottom Bracket - I guess that's why.

It is his first trial assembly of the frame, he's waiting on bits to arrive to complete it.

The pedals aren't for show...but they are secondary :)

hey dude... can't wait to take that for a ride around :)

that looks nuts!

nice work john, looking forward to seeing it in action. :)

Hi again guys,

Prices are on the website. http://www.emtb.com.au

Runs great, handles great, does awesome jumps. Great fun to ride

I'm just finishing off the cosmetic side panels this week and it'll be completely finished.

Videos will be posted early next week.

I'll keep you posted

How about lifespan?

Something on my bike is not right now, it's dying at 15k uphill (used to go 3 times as far). I'm not certain it's the battery yet, I suspect I'm burning my Ah with a bad connection (need a watt's up or similar).

How long will the lipos last?

You have me inspired :) I just won a beat up el-cheapo downhill frame to cut and shut on Ebay. Create a battery space and add a fixed rack at the back for panniers (commuting). It's rough enough and cheap enough to ruin in the process - an experiment (my father in law can weld ally no problemo...but I guess it depends on matching the alloy).

Can't wait to see the covers, and you have two more frame designs coming on your website !?

Mark

Let me know when you ride it to work - I'd love to catch on your way past.

I wanna hava go :)

And where's those pics of the batteries in the box then?? Eh? Eh?

(Got my downhill frame, going to model it in CAD so I can figure out what to do with the thing.)

Back